The Dawg Pound! - Page 394 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 08.06.2014, 03:46 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce70 View Post
CBD say Terence West has been most impressive rookie so far with Bitonio also impressing.
On another note, I don't give much hope on Seahawks repeating - Sherman chosen for Madden cover
Remember what happened to Hillis?!
Old 09.06.2014, 09:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
Remember what happened to Hillis?!
Who's that?
Old 11.06.2014, 10:05 PM
All Pro

The early sounds are positive about West (I think he has just been signed); although I would have thought full contact would be necessary to know how an RB will perform.

I was also wondering whether it is worthwhile in the long term, wage wise, a TE switching to FB (as per MarQuies Gray)? Obviously it is in a player's interest to get in to the team, but it was with the Jimmy Graham contract discussions about being a WR vs TE.
Old 14.06.2014, 08:21 AM
Hall of Fame

Former Browns player and Cleveland Browns fan Chuck Noll has passed away, despite his sleeping with the enemy he was still a Brownie
Old 15.06.2014, 03:26 PM
Pro Bowler

Really don't understand why any team would NOT do Hard Knocks.

Teams really do need to fully understand about giving back to the fans. I found Hard Knocks one of the best things the Bengals have done for the fans for a long time.

Not often a fan gets the opportunity to see behind the scenes or the way your team works and who works in what capacity. The fans give money to the teams, they in effect are the life blood of the teams. NFL teams should feel the need to give back to NFL fans.

Plus the added advantages of increasing the scope of their 'brand' nationwide.

Distracting? Only if you let it. Browns threw away an opportunity letting the Falcons get their hands on it. Mike Smith a good personal friend of Marvin Lewis must have had a word with Marvin and went all in!
Old 15.06.2014, 09:43 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post

Teams really do need to fully understand about giving back to the fans. I found Hard Knocks one of the best things the Bengals have done for the fans for a long time.

Not often a fan gets the opportunity to see behind the scenes or the way your team works and who works in what capacity. The fans give money to the teams, they in effect are the life blood of the teams. NFL teams should feel the need to give back to NFL fans.

Distracting? Only if you let it. Browns threw away an opportunity letting the Falcons get their hands on it. Mike Smith a good personal friend of Marvin Lewis must have had a word with Marvin and went all in!
Coach Pettine did not need to give Marv a phone having experienced " Hard Knocks" first hand before.
I have to disagree with your not understanding the decision to turn down the opportunity. While it would be nice to get the extra insight and, as you say, there are benefits from taking part, I would much rather the Browns are focused on getting things right.
To your Bengals' credit, they came through the experience as champions of the division and so it should be deemed as a success. Unfortunately, our situation is very different and I'm sure the opt out is there for 1st year coaches for a reason. Besides, I think we're already getting a significant amount of coverage already
Old 18.06.2014, 07:33 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post

There is already loads of attention on the Browns this off season. While I'd love us to do Hard Knocks I'd prefer it to be next year.
Old 18.06.2014, 07:34 AM
All Pro

Browns cut Earl Bennett yesterday, they must have some confidence in the UD guys
Old 07.07.2014, 10:08 PM
Hall of Fame

IT's looking like i may not be here on this forum for much longer or even be back again so just wanted to say thanks for all the great Browns discussions guys, i know you will keep the faith and you will enjoy our undoubted success which surely must happen lol

Take care everyone and all the best

oh and WOOF WOOF WOOF
Old 07.07.2014, 10:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
IT's looking like i may not be here on this forum for much longer or even be back again so just wanted to say thanks for all the great Browns discussions guys, i know you will keep the faith and you will enjoy our undoubted success which surely must happen lol

Take care everyone and all the best

oh and WOOF WOOF WOOF
Dont go Lee !!!.......

its the advice you gave me , that finally prompted me to travel to Cleveland for a game
once again ,thanks mate