The Dawg Pound! - Page 400 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 13.08.2014, 07:05 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
I would be amazed if this happened. Grossman has been irrelevant in the nfl for at least four years and when he was relevant he was poor to say the least. I can't imagine us going into the season with manziel as a starter and the best alternative is grossman. I think its purely a system fit to bring along the younger guys on the roster. Plus I think we may stay as we are with the receivers and see what punishment gordon faces
Though he was never amazing at Chicago he was more than adequate and good enough to game manage them, even reaching a SB which if were all honest could be around the same level that Hoyer may never get past, which isnt a knock at all and frankly to be honest i think we could do with a season or two of good QB game management which sees us reach the same level the Bengals have reached the last few years
Old 13.08.2014, 07:14 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPoundJonny View Post
Hooley and Jerod brought up the possibility regarding a trade. In most QB competitions whoever starts the 3rd preseason game will be the number 1, I just hope that we get it set in stone before week 1 because we can't have a QB controversy in the regular season like the Jets did with Sanchez/Tebow and Sanchez/Smith.
I personally can see Hoyer starting the season but I think the bye in week 4 is going to be a significant point, if we have a winning record come week 4 Hoyer continues but if we have a losing record the media/public pressure will result in a demand for Manziel to start.
Yeh of course the new scheduling doesnt start till 25th this month so Hooley and Jerod would still be on that time slot. What do you think BTW of the line up there, i do listen more to the RBS show if im honest but Goldhammer really gets on my nerves which is what he wants lol, dont mind Hooley but prefer Emitt and Jerod if im honest.

I think your spot on about the bye week, those are 3 really really tough games to open and if Hoyer starts and we go 0-3 then i think there is no way Johnny is kept out for week 4, saying that unless Johnny really does something spectacular in next few weeks then i dont see ay way he can win those 3 games either so it could be reversed going into week 4 then a whole season of question marks about is Johnny a bust etc
Old 17.08.2014, 09:22 AM
Hall of Fame

So still no news on Josh which surely can only be a good thing, i think we will see him playing at some point this year
Old 17.08.2014, 06:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
So still no news on Josh which surely can only be a good thing, i think we will see him playing at some point this year
I was of the same opinion until last week when the League announced that, going forward, the punishment for domestic violence will be a 1 year suspension. I think they did this as they realised the monumental error with Rice and want to head off the inevitable backlash of any subsequent rulings.

In Josh's favour, he has seemingly got a good legal representation AND the 2nd sample did not confirm the result of the 1st. Against is the punishment agreed with the players is the lengthy ban (if the test result can't be challenged) and Josh's bad judgment seemingly as a reaction to the news of the failed test.

I hope I'm wrong
Old 17.08.2014, 08:41 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce70 View Post
I was of the same opinion until last week when the League announced that, going forward, the punishment for domestic violence will be a 1 year suspension. I think they did this as they realised the monumental error with Rice and want to head off the inevitable backlash of any subsequent rulings.

In Josh's favour, he has seemingly got a good legal representation AND the 2nd sample did not confirm the result of the 1st. Against is the punishment agreed with the players is the lengthy ban (if the test result can't be challenged) and Josh's bad judgment seemingly as a reaction to the news of the failed test.

I hope I'm wrong
The year ban will only apply to someone who already committed the offence before as in Rice, if its a first offender i think the ban will be 2-4 games but dont quote me on it.

As for Josh i think its going to be extremely hard for them to turn around after all this time and say its still a years ban, there has to be something in this for it to be taking so long and i think whatever it is is in Josh favour, i would imagine they are currently negotiating with the players union for some kind of deal because if there is a loophole etc they will want to avoid any previous bans etc being challenged, for example the ones currently in place for this season upcoming

I really dont see how or why it would take so long if it simply is a case of the rules are black and white and Josh is guilty, surely all the other players banned have all had legal/union representation etc who have provided evidence during hearings etc and the verdict has been pretty quick in coming back so based on this im hoping
Old 17.08.2014, 08:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
The year ban will only apply to someone who already committed the offence before as in Rice, if its a first offender i think the ban will be 2-4 games but dont quote me on it.

As for Josh i think its going to be extremely hard for them to turn around after all this time and say its still a years ban, there has to be something in this for it to be taking so long and i think whatever it is is in Josh favour, i would imagine they are currently negotiating with the players union for some kind of deal because if there is a loophole etc they will want to avoid any previous bans etc being challenged, for example the ones currently in place for this season upcoming

I really dont see how or why it would take so long if it simply is a case of the rules are black and white and Josh is guilty, surely all the other players banned have all had legal/union representation etc who have provided evidence during hearings etc and the verdict has been pretty quick in coming back so based on this im hoping
What you're saying makes sense. I hope you're right.
Old 17.08.2014, 08:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce70 View Post
What you're saying makes sense. I hope you're right.
also if we add in to the fact that, given the terminology of the NFL banning policy, he could not reapply for a whole year, then it clearly affects the team because it would mean he could have no contact/practice until possibly week 3 of next season which punishes both him and the team for more than 1 season and possibly two

Just to add looked at calender for next year and the first Sunday of Sep is on the 6th which if we went with earliest assumption of a full ban starting tomoz that would give him less than 3 weeks to prepare which would more or less rule him out of first and probably second week as well

Last edited by leebladedawg; 18.08.2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 19.08.2014, 08:42 AM
All Pro

Johnny flips the bird
Old 19.08.2014, 05:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
Johnny flips the bird
He was possibly the most hated rookie QB ever , by the media & opposing fans before the 'finger' , god knows what'll happen to him now !

public execution ? ...............

Last edited by OrangeHelmet; 19.08.2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 19.08.2014, 10:06 PM
All Pro

I suppose the most embarrassing thing from last night is the best QB performer will be cut.
On a positive note, the defence were impressive.

Grossman must fancy his chances! But I hope we do decide on the starter, as whoever it is will need reps.