The Dawg Pound! - Page 402 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 24.08.2014, 08:20 AM
All Pro

Its only pre season , but that loss to the Rams is worrying , im not sure which was worse offence or defence

the offence couldn't move the ball and the D couldn't get the Rams off the field . scary
Old 24.08.2014, 08:22 AM
All Pro

Watching the game last night, I found myself thinking the defensive players were individually brilliant but I was looking at a defense unit that struggled to get off the field on 3rd down
While some of the completions could be due to slight "backing off" to avoid flags (not convinced) and the D must have been shattered, with the talent available as back ups, I can't help thinking something went wrong with the game plan.
Old 25.08.2014, 05:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
Its only pre season , but that loss to the Rams is worrying , im not sure which was worse offence or defence

the offence couldn't move the ball and the D couldn't get the Rams off the field . scary
Im not worried to be honest mate, remember the team only has two allowed practices a week now so the time was always going to be shorter so given that im not surprised that it wasnt fluid but compared to the Skins you could tell that Hoyer was getting his timing back, given what happened last year i doubted he was ever going to be the same guy again but if we can get him back to better than 90% he will do ok for us.

As for the D again i would have been amazed if we showed anything we had going on the rush, the secondary did struggle but that will be different when haden and Skrine are back
Old 25.08.2014, 05:17 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce70 View Post
Watching the game last night, I found myself thinking the defensive players were individually brilliant but I was looking at a defense unit that struggled to get off the field on 3rd down
While some of the completions could be due to slight "backing off" to avoid flags (not convinced) and the D must have been shattered, with the talent available as back ups, I can't help thinking something went wrong with the game plan.
I think you have hit the nail on the head but as i was just saying im not to worried, better to find out now that the unit is struggling to adapt to a plan than in two weeks
Old 25.08.2014, 05:43 PM
MVP

Preseason always comes with vanilla plays proviso. In between some of the problems I thought you guys had some real bright sparks...
Old 27.08.2014, 05:14 PM
Hall of Fame

So its a year ban, IMO they waited this long to announce the punishment to punish him for challenging this, he is more or less out now for 18-20 games IMO
Old 27.08.2014, 05:48 PM
All Pro

The Browns have been hit TWICE!
First, by the loss of Josh, but second, thanks to the NFL dragging their feet and leaving us in limbo. Preparations could have been made if this announcement had been made any time over the summer.

No wonder we got Most Snake Bit title
Old 27.08.2014, 05:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The Browns have been hit TWICE!
First, by the loss of Josh, but second, thanks to the NFL dragging their feet and leaving us in limbo. Preparations could have been made if this announcement had been made any time over the summer.

No wonder we got Most Snake Bit title
I think they have done this deliberately but man Ray should have taken a wideout in that second round
Old 27.08.2014, 06:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
I think they have done this deliberately but man Ray should have taken a wideout in that second round
They are saying Bitonio was their top man on the board by far and by the time it came to the third round they didn't think there was a WR significant enough to make a difference left

Now the talk is trying to trade talent that we have. It's difficult as it may mean DL position.
Old 27.08.2014, 06:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
They are saying Bitonio was their top man on the board by far and by the time it came to the third round they didn't think there was a WR significant enough to make a difference left

Now the talk is trying to trade talent that we have. It's difficult as it may mean DL position.
Yeh as much as i like Bitonio Farmer as a GM should have known and understood that finding a stop gap lineman was far easier than finding a wideout who could help us out , a point which has sadly been made abundantly clear