Lions Fan Club - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28.10.2009, 11:13 AM
All Pro

Default Lions Fan Club

As I mentioned on another thread I'm happy to set this up and administer it (until there are thousands of us obviously ) so that we can get it up and running.

My thoughts are that in the early stages it should represent no more than a focal point as we have much of what it could provide available to us here on the NFLUK Lions dedicated forums. However a Fan Club does give us the chance to increase our sense of belonging and may well help us in terms of recognition with the Lions even if at this stage they don't seem interested in us

The good thing about setting this up ourselves is that it can be and hopefully will become whatever we want it to be so feel free to make suggestions in this thread.

The idea I have at present is that it should be free to join, that we should have a membership card & number, maybe a monthly newsletter, a get together at least once a year, a player of the year vote and maybe an annual organised trip to Ford Field

The only other idea I had was that the name for the Fan Club be: "Born Free" - The Unofficial UK & Ireland Fan Club of the Detroit Lions

So far WharfedaleTiger, Lions4777, Deanali & IrishLion09 have indicated they would be interested which makes 5 (including me ). Is it ok if I say that when that number gets to 10 we get things set up?

Please feel free to discuss and air any views/ideas.