Week 1 phew! Week 2 BOOOOO! - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 22.09.2010, 07:18 AM
Starter

I mentioned Vick during the off season and got some pretty staight answers around how he wasn't the type of player for us, and in part I agreed.

But a QB would be a good start and if Vick keeps playing well could Kolb be the man for us. I think he would be worth a top end pick and see what they say.....

I agree with the comments above but I am very worried that we have not really upgraded our personnel in any dept really on either side of the ball since last year.

Where as replacing Warner was an impossible dream, and trading Q was probably a good move that menat we kept Breaston, our work during free agency was to sign the players others didn't want.........and it shows.
Old 22.09.2010, 07:52 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roser View Post
I mentioned Vick during the off season and got some pretty staight answers around how he wasn't the type of player for us, and in part I agreed.

But a QB would be a good start and if Vick keeps playing well could Kolb be the man for us. I think he would be worth a top end pick and see what they say.....

I agree with the comments above but I am very worried that we have not really upgraded our personnel in any dept really on either side of the ball since last year.

Where as replacing Warner was an impossible dream, and trading Q was probably a good move that menat we kept Breaston, our work during free agency was to sign the players others didn't want.........and it shows.
1st off any thoughts of Vick are pure fantasy Phili wouldn't let him go now simply because they know if Kolb goes down they have a capable back up that can lead the team and win.
that apart Whiz isn't going to trade for a QB now and admit he was wrong about ML.

I think we definately upgraded at safety and when I look at the massive $$ spent on the 'top' FAs and how they consistantly under perform I like what the Cards do in FA.

Our up grade supposedly comes from our younger players stepping up CC, Toler even the emergence of Branch on the DL
Porter should be an upgrade on Chike (though the jury is still out on that)
if there was an area I think we needed to address in FA more aggressively its at CB
Old 22.09.2010, 08:15 AM
Pro Bowler

just found this posted on a forum I visit

Quote:
The Eagles announced that Michael Vick will take over as the starting quarterback starting this week at Jacksonville.
ESPN's Chris Mortensen and CSN Philly's Derrick Gunn both have sources confirming that the decision is permanent and has nothing to do with Kevin Kolb's health. Perhaps Andy Reid came to the conclusion after watching game film showing that Vick was undeniably a superior option going forward. The Jaguars have perhaps the league's most burnable secondary, leaving Vick as an elite QB1 option for a second straight week.
Old 22.09.2010, 04:33 PM
All Pro

It's totally unfeasible, but I would take Kolb immediately!
Old 22.09.2010, 05:55 PM
Pro Bowler

From what I've seen of Kolb this year i'm not convinced he would be much of an upgrade...

I really dont like DA as our QB. I think Whiz has made a stupid and damaging move when he cut Matt.

That said I can't blame DA for the loss to the Falcons if anything our Defense was to blame.....hold on .....I'm not saying DA played well he didn't but he seems to be being held solely responcible for the loss, no one is calling for anyone else to be replaced but from what I saw there were plenty who played equally as bad or worse, he, sure as god made little QBs, aint no Kurt but he is what he is and we need to move on. he wont be the starter next year but no matter what we wish for, he is this year. barring catastrophy he wont be replaced by Whiz.

Now its time Whiz got his team to play as advertised lets get some smash mouth football going with his big O-line coached by our HOF line coach lets see what Whiz has wanted since day one and been building toward, and then let DA play off the play action pass a bit. right now the offense we are running looks very much like last years with Kurt. and as we all know that aint Kurt back there.

There just isn't going to be a trade for another QB and even if there was he would be coming in cold not knowing the offense I doubt much would improve quickly, it would send the message that we have given up on the year.

I'm going to give DA to the bye week after all he is still new to the offense and he has yet to play with all our starting WR or RBs fit and on the field, or an O-line that has played well enough to give him any time. Lets face it the two rookie WRs Williams and Komar have been dissapointing so far. Especially Williams who must have missed 4 or 5 catchable passes, yet they have been pressed into service in a big way.

would I rather have Kurt YEP!! do I regret Matt not getting his shot YEP. but we are where we are, and its not DAs fault its Whizs.

We all like to say 'In Whiz we trust' well this is Whiz's choice so lets give him a chance.
Old 22.09.2010, 06:42 PM
Pro Bowler

just a foot note to the above....rumours are Philly are now looking to deal Kolb

I have to say i'm shocked if this is true.

if it is obviously mores gone on there than we know....

so who knows maybe the Cards will give him the onve over put him in as the #2 while he learns the offense then ........

hicarumba what a year its only week 2 and the Raiders have swapped starting QBs so have the Panthers and the Eagles ....
Old 22.09.2010, 08:00 PM
All Pro

Edwards has been sat down in Buffalo too now, as well as Campbell in Oakland.

I agree that it seems that DA is getting all the bashing, but the difference is the O-lline (and tackle sometimes, something I thought improved in St.Louis)can be capable, the D-line can be scary and the rest of the defense can pile on the pressure, as well as capable backs and receivers. Now the difference comes in that I'm not convinced that DA is capable of taking control of this offense and that is the reason I think we need to be considering a speedy panic button at QB
Old 22.09.2010, 08:19 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
Now the difference comes in that I'm not convinced that DA is capable of taking control of this offense and that is the reason I think we need to be considering a speedy panic button at QB
Just thinking worst case scenario .... (after game 2 !) what does the draft look like for QBs.
If we don't make the playoffs then we will likely have a mid first round pick which could be used on a QBoF.

Sorry if this is negative, it isnt meant to be, I still think we will make the playoffs, it is just for the sake of discussion.
Old 22.09.2010, 08:36 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
Edwards has been sat down in Buffalo too now, as well as Campbell in Oakland.

I agree that it seems that DA is getting all the bashing, but the difference is the O-lline (and tackle sometimes, something I thought improved in St.Louis)can be capable, the D-line can be scary and the rest of the defense can pile on the pressure, as well as capable backs and receivers. Now the difference comes in that I'm not convinced that DA is capable of taking control of this offense and that is the reason I think we need to be considering a speedy panic button at QB
but theres the thing Isn't that why he got the job over Matt, because he supposedly can take the offense down the field and handle it better...either in Whiz we trust or the honeymoon is over and Whiz better deliver after such a radical decision cutting the starting QB that you have supposedly been grooming for 3 years on the eve of the season for a career 53% passer

I still say DA hasn't had a fair crack of the whip yet
Old 22.09.2010, 09:27 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
but theres the thing Isn't that why he got the job over Matt, because he supposedly can take the offense down the field and handle it better...either in Whiz we trust or the honeymoon is over and Whiz better deliver after such a radical decision cutting the starting QB that you have supposedly been grooming for 3 years on the eve of the season for a career 53% passer
I agree it's on Whiz, no doubt, and that is why he got the job, I just think it was the wrong decision in the very least in retrospect. I do too doubt he will lose the job and will continue to believe that Matt could have been more effective(although that's no longer of any importance now)