Skelton starts - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 13.12.2010, 12:55 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
haha sorry mate. hope you kept THT in there, about 150 yards and 2 TD's.
nope i took him out...serves me right i should have had more belief...oh well

still skelton impressed me and the D was great.....wish i had put feely in as well
Old 13.12.2010, 01:26 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
nope i took him out...serves me right i should have had more belief...oh well

still skelton impressed me and the D was great.....wish i had put feely in as well
damn, so annoying when you change someone at the last minute and it bites you in the ass.

Everyone impressed me today, we played really hard all over the field. Credit to Whiz and the coaches too, good job this week, and some good play-calling today.
Old 13.12.2010, 01:39 AM
Pro

Skelton impressed me too tonight. Was solid for his first start, apart from the 1st qtr, but really grew into the game! and his run for the first down was mightly impressive! he certainly deserves to start next week so hopefully DA saves face and pretends hes still concussed!
Old 13.12.2010, 08:33 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulders21 View Post
Skelton impressed me too tonight. Was solid for his first start, apart from the 1st qtr, but really grew into the game! and his run for the first down was mightly impressive! he certainly deserves to start next week so hopefully DA saves face and pretends hes still concussed!
Yeah skelton really wowed me, I was getting a bit irrate at the WRs dropping the passes Red deserved better than that. its too early to start even thinking he could be'it' but he looked real good to me.

I think I can best say it like this...we looked like we had a QB in...do you know what I mean ?
Old 13.12.2010, 11:23 AM
Pro

I am not a cards fan but watched a fair bit of the game a read a few articles this morning. He impressed me and you can easily tac on another 100 yards if his receivers bar fitz could catch.

But it could be all smoke and mirrors denver are a joke
Old 13.12.2010, 06:40 PM
All Pro

On thinking back to the game yesterday, whilst Skelton and Cardinals fans can be happy with his performance, he never really put a foot wrong, I cant help but feel for Anderson and Hall somewhat. Skelton enjoyed what Anderson and Hall have missed all year, an Offensive Line giving him time to make the throws, a real running game, and a well balanced offense through good playcalling. Neither Anderson or Hall have had any of this throughout the year, and everything offensively has been down to them and them alone.

So whilst Skelton performed well, I still think the question of whether or not he is our best shot is very much up for a debate, he could well fall apart if he had to deal with what our other QB's have had to this year, and Anderson may well have performed better if he had enjoyed the basics of a well run offense that Skelton got.
Old 13.12.2010, 06:57 PM
Starter

I think there are undoubted parallels to the Saints game when Hall came in for his first start, the defense played really big that night too. The point you make is definately valid, it seems if you give our guys a common goal ....

I just worry about our offensive production but it was great to score some td's and make some plays.
Old 13.12.2010, 07:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
On thinking back to the game yesterday, whilst Skelton and Cardinals fans can be happy with his performance, he never really put a foot wrong, I cant help but feel for Anderson and Hall somewhat. Skelton enjoyed what Anderson and Hall have missed all year, an Offensive Line giving him time to make the throws, a real running game, and a well balanced offense through good playcalling. Neither Anderson or Hall have had any of this throughout the year, and everything offensively has been down to them and them alone.

So whilst Skelton performed well, I still think the question of whether or not he is our best shot is very much up for a debate, he could well fall apart if he had to deal with what our other QB's have had to this year, and Anderson may well have performed better if he had enjoyed the basics of a well run offense that Skelton got.
totally agree, though our Oline play has improved greatly since Brandon Keith got placed on IR
The one thing I will say is that Skeltons size really showed up compared to little MH
Old 13.12.2010, 08:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
totally agree, though our Oline play has improved greatly since Brandon Keith got placed on IR
The one thing I will say is that Skeltons size really showed up compared to little MH
True, the line has improved somehwat, in pass blocking, they made a good start against the Rams also, but again faded away. Excellent pretty much throughout yesterday, I have not seen them getting anything like that push in the run game this year.

Absoloutley, Skeltons size is a great benefit over Hall. To be fair, I think Hall would struggle either way, when I look at him I cant see him being successful, I was more comparing with Anderson. Anderson has took far too much of the blame this year. Unless you are one of the greatest ever, ala. P Manning, you are only as good as your supporting cast, and that cast has been woeful.

Skelton has already been named starter for the Panthers game, I just hope for a consistent display from him. Im concerned his performance could be blown out of proportion, as was Halls against the Saints...look what happened there. I hope he does well, really do, if he can do what he did Sunday for the rest of the year, solid but unspectacular, Id be delighted, and much happier with our QB situation.