Project the Colts season 2011-12 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Old 25.01.2011, 02:06 PM
Pro

Default Project the Colts season 2011-12

While we're waiting for the Colts to continue their next run of dominance in the Division thought we could mentally spar with how we think the Colts will fair come the 2011-12 season?

Personally I think the increased deal with the Colts may just damage our chances as with little money to spend elsewhere and a very suspect defense I do wonder if we will be able to retain the division crown!

Saying that, I still think we will, Manning will lead the Colts to the division but I doubt much further, another wildcard and at a push the Championship game, but I don't think Indy will make the Superbowl in 2011/12 .

Here's to optimism lol
Old 25.01.2011, 05:56 PM
Team Captain

No predictions yet but what I'd like to see is a healthier season and some improvements in the trenches.

On defense better against the run and some push up the middle with less of the 10 yard cornerback cushions on third down. Stud DT? Hard to find at #22 perhaps.

On offense improvements to the line and the ability to convert short yardage situations more consistently. Brody Eldridge was a good pick last year and made a difference when healthy. Serviceable o-line talent available in the draft but genuine upgrades? Poor recent history of o-line drafting. May have to dip into free agency but not something the Colts do often.

An emphasis on becoming a more balanced and rounded team. Special teams: 'hidden yardage'.

There are some issues to be resolved first though such as Peyton's contract, Joseph Addai's situation and also Bob Sanders and whether to keep Diem.

Gene Huey, the running backs coach, has been fired. What's the motive behind that? Scapegoat or change of philosophy going forward perhaps?

A lot of question marks at the moment, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Last edited by Coltsfan93; 25.01.2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 18.02.2011, 01:08 PM
All Pro

Got to be a lineman on d or o with our first 2 picks. On another note I would love to see us take a shot at Casey Matthews (LB), Clays brother, projected tog go around the 5th and Titus Young (wr) projected rd 2 a clone of desaun jackson, how sweet would that be as an option for Manning. Check Youngs highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPM5t...470284583A1903