New Buyer - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Buffalo Bills

Old 15.04.2014, 03:48 PM
Rookie

Default New Buyer

How does everyone feel with the news that billionaire entrepreneur Donald Trump wants to buy the Bills and keep them in Western New York? And that apparently Jon Bon Jovi is also interested in the club? http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...o-bills-2014-4

Last edited by Buffalobolts; 15.04.2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 18.04.2014, 06:06 PM
All Pro

Anyone that has the best interests of the franchise at heart and wants to keep the team in Buffalo has my vote. If Trump wants to do this then that is fine by me. Couldn't imagine Buffalo not having a team.
Old 21.04.2014, 04:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards View Post
Anyone that has the best interests of the franchise at heart and wants to keep the team in Buffalo has my vote. If Trump wants to do this then that is fine by me. Couldn't imagine Buffalo not having a team.
Exactly the Bills have lived in Buffalo for years, people will lose interest if they move. It's a club where everyone comes together when anything happens.
Old 24.04.2014, 08:50 AM
Hall of Fame

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobolts View Post
And that apparently Jon Bon Jovi is also interested in the club? http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...o-bills-2014-4
You've got to 'Keep the Faith' that your new Owner will not bring you 'Bad Medicine' and that your hopes of staying in Buffalo are not 'Livin on a Prayer'.

It wont be a 'Bed of Roses' whomever takes over but you should 'Always' stay in Buffalo.

If the New Owner moves the team he will need to 'Runaway' as he will be 'Wanted Dead or Alive' in Buffalo and Bills fans will want 'Something for the Pain'

Last edited by Packman12; 24.04.2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 31.05.2014, 10:34 AM
Rookie

I'm hoping that the Bills stay in Buffalo and deep down I think they will. Probably have a new stadium.

The L.A franchise isn't far away though so who knows this could be an opportunity to move a team there?
Old 11.06.2014, 04:20 PM
Starter

Smile No Buffalo

Strange to think of no Biffalo Bills, but it has been seen before with the Raiders & Browns, so it wouldn't surprise me. Would imagine it all rests on a new stadium, wonder if they'll take the opportunity to make it an Indoor arena this time round?
Old 11.06.2014, 04:34 PM
MVP

If Trump buys them they should be re-named the Buffalo Bad Toupées.
Old 24.07.2014, 03:36 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL11 View Post
Strange to think of no Biffalo Bills, but it has been seen before with the Raiders & Browns, so it wouldn't surprise me. Would imagine it all rests on a new stadium, wonder if they'll take the opportunity to make it an Indoor arena this time round?
I certainly hope not!
Old 27.07.2014, 02:42 AM
Starter

Cool

Looks like Jon Bon Jovi is now dismissing the opportunity to move/share with Toronto.

Understand the lease on the Stadium means Buffalo are guarenteed foorball until at least 2017, but after that there is nothing in place to keep the team in the city.

I am worried, with also the talk of LA & London, would Buffalo be one of the teams to make way so the NFL don't have to start organising a lop sided league with 33 or 34 teams?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...-sites-report/
Old 06.08.2014, 01:08 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon Jon Jovi
"I’m not risking it all to let you down"
Wow, everything he says sounds like a Bon Jovi lyric. Maybe he could sing his way into Buffalonians' hearts?

But, as this week's article from the National Post explains, his campaign to buy the Bills, and probably move them to Toronto at some point, isn't going very well.
Quote:
"Fans have also organized a ban on Bon Jovi music being played in Buffalo. The group has printed T-shirts and posters with the motto: 'Bon Jovi Free Zone.'"
Terry Pegula is the current favourite to become owner. Even without knowing anything about him, I'd trust him with a football team more than Donald Trump... Pegula is already the owner of the Buffalo Sabres NHL team, and he should be committed to the Buffalo area. I guess. Best of all, he can bring some serious cash, as he's just made $1.75 billion selling a large area of land for oil drilling! So it's the environment wrecker versus the golf blowhard versus the Toronto Billjovis, I can't wait to see who wins.

Some more updates on the Bills ownership here:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-open-position

(Edit) Also, this
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ity-agreement/

Last edited by sbahnhof; 06.08.2014 at 01:16 PM.