With the ? pick of the 2015 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select... - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 10.02.2015, 08:02 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.macca34 View Post
I think when you look at free agency and the holes we have I would look to add that way then pick up talent later in the rounds. I'm not a huge fan of free agency usually but there is some good talent this year and frankly the draft talent is underwhelming in regards of first round talent
Yeah good talent in the FA, but are they likely to want to play for us?
Old 10.02.2015, 10:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Given the contract changes a few years back you really have to use the draft as you can pick up the talent if you know your stuff and for longer and cheaper

The knock on using FA to cover everything is that you potentially take on players who have now made it and got their pay day and don't have the hunger, it's a risky business for sure but then our draft record suggests drafting is risky lol
Old 01.05.2015, 08:25 PM
All Pro

Pleased with both of last night's picks, especially Shelton. Both big additions to our O and D lines. A healthy 8/10

If Strong is still there at 43 then I would like him in the orange and brown next year, if not with our extra mid round picks I don't see why we wouldn't try and bag an extra 2nd round pick.
Old 01.05.2015, 08:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Im happy with both picks as well, i want to see a pass rusher and a QB tonight
Old 02.05.2015, 06:25 PM
All Pro

Liking the Duke Johnson pick up last night, but the other two? Yes they filled holes but instead of a receiver?! No way.

Tonight we needed a S and we finally drafted a WR, but I'm pretty underwhelmed with both. Campbell isn't great in coverage and Mayle is described as a 'project'
Old 02.05.2015, 08:29 PM
All Pro

Still would've liked us to pick up Tre McBride, from what I read he's a good receiver, predictably we've passed on him with all of our late round picks so far
Old 03.05.2015, 05:41 AM
Team Captain

I'm not bothered at all that we didn't take a WR in the third round. Once you get past the first couple of rounds, the chances of finding a quality WR who is going to fill an immediate "need" are slim to none. I'm totally on board with the basic "Best Player Available" strategy that we seem to adopted for round three onwards, with just one "possession"-style receiver take in the fourth.

Very solid draft overall by Farmer IMHO.
Old 03.05.2015, 06:47 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritDawg View Post
I'm not bothered at all that we didn't take a WR in the third round. Once you get past the first couple of rounds, the chances of finding a quality WR who is going to fill an immediate "need" are slim to none. I'm totally on board with the basic "Best Player Available" strategy that we seem to adopted for round three onwards, with just one "possession"-style receiver take in the fourth.

Very solid draft overall by Farmer IMHO.
I agree mate, I get why fans want to see us taking a wideout really early but for me last year showed we were a run team first so I'm happy to continue and see where that takes us
Old 03.05.2015, 10:00 AM
All Pro

Pleased with the Ifo pick up, saw him a few times for Oregon last year, looks pretty good By all accounts he was projected to go in the first or second round before his injury. Could be a steal.

McBride went to the Titans, watch out for him, I reckon he'll do well with MM throwing his way. Must be something going on though, he was projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round?

Overall I'm pretty pleased, 12 picks in total, some glaring needs sorted, bring on training camp
Old 03.05.2015, 06:17 PM
All Pro

There's a video on YouTube of last year's Draft. Given the slating that Farmer and Pettine have got for taking Gilbert and Manziel, I was shocked to be reminded that Gilbert was the top ranked CB and Manziel was ranked #10 overall. These rankings were done in a time that these players were picked and so were done by analysts before they had the benefit of hindsight.
You can argue that either getting the #10 player at pick 22 was a steal or that it should have rung alarm bells but it does show that it is a lot easier to work in the media than in the Front Office.

As far as this year's Draft is concerned, I like the way they have approached it. At first glance, I was worried we hadn't got a WR earlier but I was more nervous when we were being linked to Perriman- from what people were saying he has trouble catching the ball, which I always thought was the point!