EdinburghPhin - r.hart.09

# Clinched Division
$ Clinched Playoffs
* League Commisioner

Past Champions
2012 - Upton Underachievers (Deli)
2013 - Jake Long Shots (Dai67)

Trade Guidelines
If you are making a trade that involves changing places in the draft please use the following as a guide;
A trade is for a players pick not a specific round, if you remember that principle you won't go far wrong.
If you are swapping for a players first pick and that player does not keep any players from the previous season that pick will be in the first round.
If you are swapping for a players first pick and the player keeps one player from the previous season that pick will be in the second round.
If you are swapping for a players first pick and the player keeps two players from the previous season that pick will be in the third round.
If you are swapping for a players first pick and the player keeps three players from the previous season then that pick will come in the fourth round.
All picks later than round one will be construed accordingly.

Last edited by Cornishman32; 06.08.2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09.06.2012, 12:02 PM
Team Captain

I know this is a long time off but is the draft really going to be on the afternoon of Friday 31st August or can it be changed please ?

It does seem like you can choose the 3 keepers from your team regardless of where they are drafted. It also looks like the LM can decide who the keepers are too !! (Not so sure about that though...)
Old 09.06.2012, 02:04 PM
MVP

Have a bit of a experience from an ESPN keeper which ran for 4 years, but has gone defunct now.

Keepers are usually selected at the end of the year, so we're about 10 months away at least from that. There is usually a deadline.

Keepers are selected from any of your roster, you can choose to not select all keepers.

The next season there is a 'normal' draft, but people's keepers get 'selected' in the first 3 rounds, hence if you don't believe you have 3 first 3 round worthy players, you may then not choose to select 3 keepers as you may get someone better in the draft.

We def want to get to 16 teams as it allows 4 divisions, which is much better for competition and interaction.

What other rules do we want to think about adding? I think this is an ideal point for some IDPs.
Old 09.06.2012, 02:11 PM
MVP

Just one more thing, we shouldn't have more than 16. Above this number all of a sudden getting backup QBs and Ds and Kickers especially for bye weeks becomes a nightmare and is unenjoyable.

I played in a 24 team league once and it was atrocious, simply no players available during the season.
Old 09.06.2012, 03:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn View Post
I know this is a long time off but is the draft really going to be on the afternoon of Friday 31st August or can it be changed please ?

It does seem like you can choose the 3 keepers from your team regardless of where they are drafted. It also looks like the LM can decide who the keepers are too !! (Not so sure about that though...)
This probably will not be the date it was a random date that was chosen. The date will be one that most entrants agree on, I would assume an evening as close to the start of the season as is practical. We have a lot to decide between now and draft day,number of keepers, drafting individual defensive players or a teams whole D being some of them. There is a poll section on the NFL Fantasy site where the League Manager can set a question with 8 possible options for answers so most things will be done on that. Once we fill our league I'll start canvassing your opinions.
Old 09.06.2012, 03:43 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper85 View Post
Just one more thing, we shouldn't have more than 16. Above this number all of a sudden getting backup QBs and Ds and Kickers especially for bye weeks becomes a nightmare and is unenjoyable.

I played in a 24 team league once and it was atrocious, simply no players available during the season.
Agreed mate I think 16 should be the optimum.
Old 09.06.2012, 05:32 PM
Hall of Fame

First big question, who is going to draft Tannehill as a keeper?
Old 09.06.2012, 07:26 PM
Pro

Is there any spaces left in this? If so, where can I sign up. Trying to get involved in some fantasy football for next season.
Old 09.06.2012, 10:56 PM
Pro Bowler

I'm interested in this too. Not been on for a few weeks
Old 10.06.2012, 01:49 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.hart.09 View Post
Is there any spaces left in this? If so, where can I sign up. Trying to get involved in some fantasy football for next season.
You'll be first come Wednesday as per the original message.

The NFLUK Dolfan Keeper League has been created.
For 1 week ending midnight 13/6/12 entry will be restricted to those who's names are already in League 1 or 2 of our existing leagues or on the waiting list on page 1. After that anyone with a Dolfan logo next to their name can join until a maximum of 4 divisions is reached.
Let me know if you'd care to join. I'll PM you the password.
Currently set for 10 teams in two conferences with 3 players that can be kept.
Everything is flexible at the moment.
I know sod all about keeper leagues and will gladly hand over as League Manager to anyone who even has the vaguest idea what they are doing.

First Question. Should this league have a different thread?