Your teams Draft Grade - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 29.04.2019, 09:01 PM
Pro Bowler

RedcarSteeler posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post

Blake Cashman is a highly rated ILB, but will only get snaps on Defense if Mosley or Williamson go down. Even then, we’ve still currently got Darron Lee on the roster. Caahman is likely headed for a career playing on kick coverage teams.
Sounded like a lock to go in the 1st 2 rounds and I did consider him but was put off due to reported health concerns - 3 shoulder surgeries I think I heard.Sounds unlikely to be a 10 year starter but still a good value pick if he lives up to the buzz for 5/6 years.
Old 29.04.2019, 09:40 PM
Pro

I’ll give the Giants a B- but very close to a B

Jones - I still would have preferred Allen he was BPA, need and fell to us perfectly. But Jones was the pick, time to stop moaning, whinging and criticising the pick and get behind him as and when he steps onto the field

Lawrence - He was one of my favourite players coming into this draft, think he will fit in brilliantly with the team, concerned what this means for Tomlinson now, hopefully he can be as good as a DE in a 34

Baker - This was a surprise pick, I thought they’d come get back into the first, but thought it would be for someone like Risner or Taylor. They went with Baker who was much much more productive at college than I first realised. He was a CB1 for some people until the combine

Ximines - once all the obvious Edge guys had gone this was the only one left on the board I liked, I was hoping Ferguson would drop to us but he went about 15 picks earlier sadly, excited to see how he can do most likely taking reps behind Carter

Love - Don’t know much about him, but everyone is saying this guy was best value for the Giants in their entire draft with some having a 2nd round grade on him, looking forward to seeing how he does. Jenkins, Baker, Love, Beal, Haley - doesn’t seem bad, but have yet to see 3 of them play

Connelly - This was a confusing/annoying pick, no issues going for a LB but there’re were at least 2 guys still available I felt we should have taken and had a higher grade on

Slayton - Just a speed WR I know very little about

Ballentine - Surprised to see another CB taken again, heard comments he could drop in as a safety

Asafo-Adjei - Know nothing about him, but everything I’ve read since I’ll be rooting for him to get a roster spot, seems a down to earth guy, from a proper working background (mum works 3 jobs), hope he can produce on the field

Slayton - Another I know very little about, but apparently for the 7th round he is good value here, will be keen to see how he does
Old 30.04.2019, 01:11 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane.17 View Post
I’ll give the Giants a B- but very close to a B

Jones - I still would have preferred Allen he was BPA, need and fell to us perfectly. But Jones was the pick, time to stop moaning, whinging and criticising the pick and get behind him as and when he steps onto the field

well thats a very kind grade.
i will stop moaning about Jones when he shows some justification for being picked 6th.

he needs to be the next great QB and tbh if his not then he needs to bust quickly, rather than it being dragged out. so we can hope again in 2021 and take Lawrence #1.

if you want to buy into the Dave BS, thats up to you but as a GM he has a lot to prove.

this is the guy that he wants to stake it all on, he didnt need to take a QB at all as there was no even kinda safe bet at QB to take.

hell he might be right but the information we have at the moment is that he wont be.

would you rather do what Dave did or of landed Allen and Rosen?

Last edited by goodkarma84; 30.04.2019 at 04:45 AM.
Old 30.04.2019, 09:21 AM
Pro Bowler

Olly posting

Pats draft - overall I'd give it a B+, some picks I absolutely love and some later day 3 ones I didn't particularly like. See a little analysis for each one below

#32 - N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State - grade B

I like Harry as a prospect, albeit I am a little worried about his ability to seperate from DBs downfield. But his run after catch, ability to catch contested balls and hands are all a skillset we lack at his height/weight, and he does fit our scheme nicely. He reminds me a lot of when we had peak LaFell in 2014, and I see him playing a similar role (LaFell was very good that year)

#45 - Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt - grade C+

I am not a big fan of Williams, because I think he is ultimately limited to covering big WRs and TEs and with Greedy Williams still on the board here if we were to go CB, I'd have preferred one who could cover anyone. But, Williams does give us something in our CB group which we didn't have, and projects to fit the role Brandon Browner played a few years back

#77 - Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan - grade A+

I bloody love this pick fellas, I really do. PFF are super high on him, as am I (I trust PFF's grading of DE/LB a lot, less so their QB work). He is the cliche "high motor white guy" but alongside that, he is a great athlete as he showed at the combine, and to be honest he had better tape than Rashaan Gary I thought at Michigan too. He fits the Pats like a glove, and fills a big need. Lovely stuff Bill

#87 - Damien Harris, RB, Alabama - grade B-

I wasn't super high on this pick instantly, but thinking about it a bit more the past few days I see the logic - last year we were a Michel injury away from Patterson being a RB (White doesn't carry it really, and Burkhead is always injured too). So Harris as a Michel backup is good, and he could push Sony for some starter snaps too

#101 - Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia - grade A

Yes to this, yes indeed. We desperately needed a swing tackle, who could take over at RT or LT in a year or two's time and Cajuste for me should've gone way earlier than he did. A stud at West Virginia, good athlete, no idea how some other OTs were taken ahead of him (hi Trey Pipkins)

#118 - Hjalte Froholdt, G, Arkansas - grade B+

Admittedly didn't know much about him when he was drafted, but having gone away to do some research and tape work on him, I like the pick. He is basically Joe Thuney 2.0, which is handy, because Joe Thuney the original is set for a bumper contract which we likely won't be able to give him (we decided to pay Shaq Mason and I can't see us paying two guards). Froholdt had a good game against Quinnen Williams too from what I saw, which is encouraging. Also can be the instant backup guard/centre for 2019 too

#133 - Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn - grade B-

I'm not really high on Stidham becoming anything but a career backup and would rather us have taken a swing on Tyree Jackson who has the potential to be a starter with his traits, but I could be wrong on Stidham, I know the guys at B/R were fairly high on him, and he did have an awful supporting cast in Auburn last year. At least it'll make watching pre season games more fun than watching Brian Hoyer

#159 - Byron Cowart, DE, Maryland - grade C

I just don't really see Cowart ever being anything bar a backup/occasional rotational piece to be honest, for a day 3 pick I'd like to have seen us take a swing on someone with a higher ceiling

#163 - Jake Bailey, P, Stanford - grade C

Pretty hard to get excited about a punter pick ain't it really

#252 - Ken Webster, CB, Ole Miss - grade C

I mean he isn't making the roster unless he is a miracle, so practice squad player at best

Last edited by DarwinTheAardvark; 30.04.2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old 30.04.2019, 02:27 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
well thats a very kind grade.
i will stop moaning about Jones when he shows some justification for being picked 6th.

he needs to be the next great QB and tbh if his not then he needs to bust quickly, rather than it being dragged out. so we can hope again in 2021 and take Lawrence #1.

if you want to buy into the Dave BS, thats up to you but as a GM he has a lot to prove.

this is the guy that he wants to stake it all on, he didnt need to take a QB at all as there was no even kinda safe bet at QB to take.

hell he might be right but the information we have at the moment is that he wont be.

would you rather do what Dave did or of landed Allen and Rosen?
Surely by my comment of “I’d rather have taken Allen” answers that question especially surrounding Jones? I’ve just got over it now lol

Knowing Giants and DG they will go back in for a new QB in 2022 when they are worse than this years class

I don’t think B- is that generous but that’s down to personal opinions, I’ve seen some grade higher than I have I’ve seen some grade a lot lower

Let’s face it a team could draft perfect and get an A+ but if 3 years down the line the players haven’t performed and are on different teams etc then that’s the key thing how they perform

Tine will tell what true grades every team deserves
Old 30.04.2019, 02:57 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Surely by my comment of “I’d rather have taken Allen” answers that question especially surrounding Jones? I’ve just got over it now lol

Knowing Giants and DG they will go back in for a new QB in 2022 when they are worse than this years class

I don’t think B- is that generous but that’s down to personal opinions, I’ve seen some grade higher than I have I’ve seen some grade a lot lower

Let’s face it a team could draft perfect and get an A+ but if 3 years down the line the players haven’t performed and are on different teams etc then that’s the key thing how they perform

Tine will tell what true grades every team deserves

lol, but you might not like Rosen (plus seemed to like his other picks.)

its going to take me longer to get over, like until his great or dumped

probably, at this moment my only hope is we still end up with Lawrence somehow.

i think the problem is we have played this game under Reese for too long, it looks bad now but might work out.

also i think all his moves grouped together are painful in terms of logic.

the key is also what could of been picked, unless you win a SB.
thats a reason i'm shaky on Lawrence, he looks a find player but the board had better options (also he is now most of what we got for Beckham.)

Last edited by goodkarma84; 30.04.2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 30.04.2019, 03:36 PM
Pro

Quote:
lol, but you might not like Rosen (plus seemed to like his other picks.)

its going to take me longer to get over, like until his great or dumped

probably, at this moment my only hope is we still end up with Lawrence somehow.

i think the problem is we have played this game under Reese for too long, it looks bad now but might work out.

also i think all his moves grouped together are painful in terms of logic.

the key is also what could of been picked, unless you win a SB.
thats a reason i'm shaky on Lawrence, he looks a find player but the board had better options (also he is now most of what we got for Beckham.)
See I actually feel sorry for Jones and I’m ready to support him the moment he takes a snap

It’s not his fault he got drafted
DG: “Hey Daniel you ready to be a Giant?”
DJ: “Wait what, at #6? Serious? Nope, no thank you, I’m not good enough to be taken at 6”

It was never going to happen that way
I can understand the annoyance - but people should direct it at DG, not a young kid whos NFL career hasn’t even started yet

People can moan and complain about the pick and DG making the pick, but don’t slaughter a kid whos never taken a snap

I just pray when he takes his first snap, on his first incompletion or int fans don’t jump on his back straight away

Thats just my view on it
Old 30.04.2019, 03:56 PM
GOAT

Quote:
See I actually feel sorry for Jones and I’m ready to support him the moment he takes a snap

It’s not his fault he got drafted
DG: “Hey Daniel you ready to be a Giant?”
DJ: “Wait what, at #6? Serious? Nope, no thank you, I’m not good enough to be taken at 6”

It was never going to happen that way
I can understand the annoyance - but people should direct it at DG, not a young kid whos NFL career hasn’t even started yet

People can moan and complain about the pick and DG making the pick, but don’t slaughter a kid whos never taken a snap

I just pray when he takes his first snap, on his first incompletion or int fans don’t jump on his back straight away

Thats just my view on it

all my hate is for Dave.

i have nothing against Jones the person.

i want him to be the next great QB or flame out quickly so we can move on.

he has taken snaps and is being judged on them, thats where the concern comes from.
Old 30.04.2019, 04:02 PM
Pro

Quote:
all my hate is for Dave.

i have nothing against Jones the person.

i want him to be the next great QB or flame out quickly so we can move on.

he has taken snaps and is being judged on them, thats where the concern comes from.
I’ve seen a lot of hate on twitter etc direct towards Jones, as say not his fault

Most likely will be over a year before we find out just exactly what he can do, but I’m sure the time training with Eli and watching him play games he’ll make the most of it and learn as much as he can from him
Old 30.04.2019, 04:10 PM
GOAT

Quote:
I’ve seen a lot of hate on twitter etc direct towards Jones, as say not his fault

Most likely will be over a year before we find out just exactly what he can do, but I’m sure the time training with Eli and watching him play games he’ll make the most of it and learn as much as he can from him

hopefully, he is starting in 2020 and then we know what we have for 2021.