CONFIRMED! London Games season ticket news - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 22.05.2019, 05:53 PM
Pro Bowler

3 things:

1) why am i not surprised by this (nasty) turn of events, as echoed by others and whos views i agree with wholly. Maybe a certain ticket partner, wanted to do its usual siphoning off of tickets to be re-sold later.
If my mate wasnt a Bears fan and determined to see them, i would 100% be sacking off the whole WHL thing.

2) i think there will be a drop off in Wembley interest perhaps this year and more likely next year (which is the last year of the Jags current contract for games). If it ends up with all future games at WHL after said contract then i will revert to the TV experience and perhaps save up for a trip to NY/NJ. Afterall, i have done about 18 London NFL games and the draw is somewhat waning.

3)is it really worth us, as posters, even bothering to put our comments/views on this forum, as it is quite clearly an echo chamber for NFLUK/Qualcomm to fundamentally ignore. As shown by todays announcement.
Old 22.05.2019, 08:12 PM
Pro

Not directly season ticket related as others already covered my views, but has anyone else looked at the WHL seating plan and prices.

There’s virtually nothing along the sidelines, as only tickets at front except at half way line and then top tier, but looks like a massive amount is being held back for hospitality and all the boxes they have which is in the mid tier. Seems a much greater percentage than Club Wembley.

Most of the available seating is in the end zones behind the goals. I know that’s what football fans want but don’t think it works in NFL. After many years ago being behind the end zone at Wembley meant you could only see half the pitch would never want a seat there again (luckily our Wembley season tickets aren’t) or WHL.
Old 22.05.2019, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
Is anyone really surprised though?

NFLUK have been a laughing stock for years.
Indeed. They’re a total shambles. I think I’ll save my money instead for a trip to Vegas next year to watch the draft.
Old 22.05.2019, 08:40 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
3 things:

1) why am i not surprised by this (nasty) turn of events, as echoed by others and whos views i agree with wholly. Maybe a certain ticket partner, wanted to do its usual siphoning off of tickets to be re-sold later.
If my mate wasnt a Bears fan and determined to see them, i would 100% be sacking off the whole WHL thing.

2) i think there will be a drop off in Wembley interest perhaps this year and more likely next year (which is the last year of the Jags current contract for games). If it ends up with all future games at WHL after said contract then i will revert to the TV experience and perhaps save up for a trip to NY/NJ. Afterall, i have done about 18 London NFL games and the draw is somewhat waning.

3)is it really worth us, as posters, even bothering to put our comments/views on this forum, as it is quite clearly an echo chamber for NFLUK/Qualcomm to fundamentally ignore. As shown by todays announcement.
I'm not sure where its worth commenting Tbh. There always seems to be a backlash from fans, but it rarely if ever results in change for the better.
Old 22.05.2019, 08:43 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I'm not sure where its worth commenting Tbh. There always seems to be a backlash from fans, but it rarely if ever results in change for the better.
Even Qualcomm has the sense to retreat to his nuclear bunker once he's dropped the bombshell.
Old 22.05.2019, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Even Qualcomm has the sense to retreat to his nuclear bunker once he's dropped the bombshell.
Once a year appearance now just to announce ticket sales.
Old 22.05.2019, 09:22 PM
Pro

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmysmith View Post
I'd been contemplating not renewing due to the lack of interesting games, repetitive experience and general apathy that the NFL show towards the loyal UK/Europe fans.

The amount of time it's taken for this really poor season ticket announcement to come out just gave me longer to ponder it, and I was well along the line of not bothering any more.

So, this has sealed it - I'll take my chances on getting individual game tickets for my wife and I when/if the Redskins and Steelers come over and therefore there will be six season tickets available next to Paul Webster in an excellent position!
My feeling too. Last few years have been a chore attending the games. Rising ticket costs, over the top parking fees, fuel, food ect over consecutive weekends takes its toll when there are 5 season tickets.

Last years farce with WHL and the NFLUK's treatment for existing ST holders in regards to obtaining WHL tickets really left a sour taste.

Having seen today's announcement and the scandalous prices for WHL (with no discount) seals its for me and my family members, we are calling it quits after attending for several years as ST holders. Spuds need to claw back the several million spent on WHL and it seems us NFL fans are going to be helping do that big time.

I'm a massive Raiders fan but even that can not sway me to stay 'loyal' to the shambolic NFLUK. I'd sooner save and go Vegas to watch them. Probably cost me the same as seeing them in the UK once all costs are added up!
Old 22.05.2019, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight49 View Post
My feeling too. Last few years have been a chore attending the games. Rising ticket costs, over the top parking fees, fuel, food ect over consecutive weekends takes its toll when there are 5 season tickets.

Last years farce with WHL and the NFLUK's treatment for existing ST holders in regards to obtaining WHL tickets really left a sour taste.

Having seen today's announcement and the scandalous prices for WHL (with no discount) seals its for me and my family members, we are calling it quits after attending for several years as ST holders. Spuds need to claw back the several million spent on WHL and it seems us NFL fans are going to be helping do that big time.

I'm a massive Raiders fan but even that can not sway me to stay 'loyal' to the shambolic NFLUK. I'd sooner save and go Vegas to watch them. Probably cost me the same as seeing them in the UK once all costs are added up!

Pretty much the same as me. I find the games a chore and despite buying a new season ticket last year for Wembley (I had given up my old tickets a few years
ago due to apathy) I only did so to give me a chance of buying tickets for Raiders v Seahawks at WHL, which ended up moving to Wembley anyway. Tickets for the other two games were sold to a Jaguars fan who was delighted to see his team and he got a great seat to watch them too.

I can understand having two separate season tickets for the two venues. Those who want to go to just two Wembley games can renew their tickets as before. However those existing Wembley season ticket holders wanting to attend all four games should have been given priority for the WHL season tickets, before opening the sale for everyone else. NFLUK even stated this in their terms and conditions last year.

I too will be saving my money for a trip to Vegas, possibly even the draft next year. Vegas ir Tottenham? Tough choice.
Old 22.05.2019, 10:25 PM
Pro

Doesn’t a lot of this come down to WHL at 62k is too small for potential demand as we debated here before.

Looking at the seating plan it looks like around 10k seats are held back for hospitality and then don’t each team get around 5k for their own season ticket holders ?

So only leaves around 40k to sell which is around the rumoured number of Wembley season ticket holders. This was the angst last year as they obviously wanted some tickets left for new season tickets and individual gams sale otherwise they look idiots going to WHL hence the restrictions and lack of guarantees proposed last year.

This way it gives them a clean slate and they can decide do they want to fill WHL with season tickets, visiting competing team fans and hospitality or do they save some tickets for general sale.

There was also the risk some Wembley season tickets would buy WHL know it was likely to be profitable to scalp.

Regarding pricing and no discount at WHL, this was expected as less seats to cover their revenue target so every seat must be at least 1/3 higher than Wembley equivalent to give NFL the same money.
Old 23.05.2019, 06:13 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Kirkwood is too busy brown nosing his American superiors to take a jot of notice or care about the UK fanbase, disgusting customer/fan engagement for years and seemingly not a jot of accountability