Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 18.12.2005, 05:08 PM
MVP

Default Re:WWE Thread

WHAT?
Old 18.12.2005, 10:36 PM
Pro Bowler

[quote author=Swervedriver link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=15#msg373809 date=1134922528]
[quote author=(Michael) link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=15#msg373805 date=1134922351]
[quote author=Reevzee link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=15#msg373749 date=1134919852]
WWE is awesome at the moment gotta love it even though its so fake its silly, but love the storylines and the special moves. Cena, Orton are brilliant. Its such a laugh to watch with mates. Its brilliant!
[/quote]

The matches are pre determined, but there is nothing fake about being hit with a steel chair or jumping off a ladder on to concrete. Or the concussions that come with it. Remember that Droz was paralised in the ring.
Besides, most T.V. shows are fake. You don't see people making fun of Coronation Street or Casulty because they also have pre determined outcomes do you?

[move]Where are the Bungals ???[/move]
[/quote]

erm...but soaps dont sell themselves as being real though do they
[/quote]

sorry but i need to correct you Droz was paralised in a motorcycle accident and not in the ring. other wise Big Show say's it best "you can't fake gravity", that was his reply when asked is wrestling fake.
so what do you guy's think of TNA?..
but hey you ever love it or hate it.

8) ;D
Old 18.12.2005, 10:40 PM

Soory, to correct you but (Michael) is right.

Darren Drozdov was paralyzed in a botched powerbomb spot with D'Lo Brown in October 1999.
Old 18.12.2005, 10:44 PM
MVP

[quote author=DarloPaul link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=30#msg374950 date=1134945649]

Darren Drozdov was paralyzed in a botched powerbomb spot with D'Lo Brown in October 1999.
[/quote]

Thats what I thought.....

TNA is just insane, its got alot of "old" WWF dudes in it and its rather entertaining, watched there PPV last Sunday and the opening match was a Barbed Wire ropes one, and it was insane.

If I had Sky and thus TWC I'd watch it often, sadly TWC isnt on Telewest.

Only about 3hours til Armageddon- woooooooooooooooooo!
Old 18.12.2005, 10:55 PM

[quote author=MP Loves You! link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=30#msg374964 date=1134945897]
[quote author=DarloPaul link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=30#msg374950 date=1134945649]

[/quote]

Thats what I thought.....

TNA is just insane, its got alot of "old" WWF dudes in it and its rather entertaining, watched there PPV last Sunday and the opening match was a Barbed Wire ropes one, and it was insane.

If I had Sky and thus TWC I'd watch it often, sadly TWC isnt on Telewest.

Only about 3hours til Armageddon- woooooooooooooooooo!
[/quote]

TNA = Aj Styles and Samoa Joe 8)
Old 19.12.2005, 01:19 AM
MVP

ARMAGEDDON REULTS

JBL def Matt Hardy by pinfall
MNM def Mexicools by pinfall- Melina stopped Superkrazy hitting a moonsault just long enough for Nitro to be able to break it up, they then hit the snap shot.
Benout def Booker T by Submission- This was some match, Benoit must have hit about 10German Suplexes!
"Santa" came to the ring with Nunzio in a promo, Boogeyman came out and slammed Santa and rammed some worms down his gullet.
Lashley def. Regal and Burchill by pinfall.
They just ran some promo in the bar that you regularly see on WWE shows in Providence, anyway, gimmick is Tim White (ex Ref) owns it, and he shot himself as the interview ended :-\
Kid Kash def Juventud by Pinfall.
They just showed a HILARIOUS trailer for the Royal Rumble, was LOL at it.
Time for the Inter-brand Tag Match
Kane & Big show def. Batista and Rey Mysterio by Pinfall
Undertaker def Randy Orton by pinfall.

What a let down of a Main Event started so well, should have been over when Orton Tombstoned the Undertaker, but there was no ref. Typical Undertaker, just sat up, Tombstone Bob Orton and then Randy and got the 3.

AWFUL Main event, one of the worst HiaC i've seen, feel sorry for Orton and the WWE.

PPV Rating- 4/10

Old 19.12.2005, 11:44 AM
All Pro

I think the Hell In A Cell match was fine although the finish sucked. I can't see the point in not pushing Orton since Undertaker will be retireing soon anyway. The best match was Benoit Vs Booker T by a mile. Chris Benoit is so undervalued and with his contract expiring soon I reckon he'll jump to TNA. I don't blame him either. I'd say the PPV was average by Smackdown standards better than No Mercy but not as good as Judgement Day. 5/10.

Old 19.12.2005, 04:35 PM
MVP

Benoit vs Booker was the only match worth watching tbh, was so disappointed in it, but its to be expected I suppose, Smackdown REALLY does SUCK.
Old 19.12.2005, 05:42 PM
All Pro

The wrestlers I remember and the reasons were:

Kane (Everyone loved him)
Mankind (Mandible Claw)
Gold Dust (Campness)
Stone Cold (Attitude)
The Rock (People's Elbow)

Remember that storyline where The Rock and Booker T were always at each other. It was 4-6 years ago IIRC. One of those was the last WWF fight I ever watched.

Edit: Does Christ Benoit still do that "Diving Headbutt" thingy ?
Old 19.12.2005, 10:33 PM
All Pro

[quote author=fresh 49ers link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=30#msg375810 date=1135014133]
The wrestlers I remember and the reasons were:

Kane (Everyone loved him)
Mankind (Mandible Claw)
Gold Dust (Campness)
Stone Cold (Attitude)
The Rock (People's Elbow)

Remember that storyline where The Rock and Booker T were always at each other. It was 4-6 years ago IIRC. One of those was the last WWF fight I ever watched.

Edit: Does Christ Benoit still do that "Diving Headbutt" thingy ?[/quote]

Yes. Chris benoit still uses the diving headbutt despite the risks to his neck. There was a legandary British wrestler called the Dynamite Kid who used the Flying Headbutt as his finisher. Chris Benoit watched him growing up and he was one of his favourite wrestlers.

Tags
fixed , ham-n-egger , kayfabe , know your damn role , not a sport , ring rat , smart mark , suck it!!!!!!