WWE Thread - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 19.12.2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re:WWE Thread

Sorry don't watch this religiously anymore but have seen the Boogey man a couple of times when I've been home and have just one question. Is the boogey man the guy who used to be Farooq? I'm not certain but I've noticed similarities in stature and voice that lead me to believe it is? ???
Old 19.12.2005, 10:43 PM
All Pro

[quote author=MP Loves You! link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=30#msg375720 date=1135010143]
Benoit vs Booker was the only match worth watching tbh, was so disappointed in it, but its to be expected I suppose, Smackdown REALLY does SUCK.[/quote]

I woudn't say Smackdown sucks I'd say the WWE as a whole sucks. They continue to do tasteless angles like Tim White actually "killing himself" on the PPV because of Hell In A Cell :

Considering Eddie Guerrero a man that gave everything to this business died just last month this is totally uncalled for. But then again Vince McMahon is about as low as you can get. I've started to watch TNA and am enjoying it a lot more. It seems new where as WWE is just the same old crap month after month. Better matches and no stupid angles like WWE. Christian one of my favourite wrestlers now works for them along with the Dudley Boyz. You can also throw the likes of Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles who turned down WWE and you've got a show. I hope Benoit will be on board soon.
Old 19.12.2005, 10:49 PM
All Pro

[quote author=The Young Ball Coach link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=30#msg376014 date=1135032101]
Sorry don't watch this religiously anymore but have seen the Boogey man a couple of times when I've been home and have just one question. Is the boogey man the guy who used to be Farooq? I'm not certain but I've noticed similarities in stature and voice that lead me to believe it is? ???
[/quote]

I'm pretty certain it's not the same guy. WWE released Farooq a couple of years ago. Boogeyman is another classic example of WWE talent a guy that can't wrestle to save his life and is made to look like an idiot for Vince's enjoyment. Seriously smashing a clock over your head and eating worms = selling your soul to Vince McMahon.
Old 19.12.2005, 10:59 PM
MVP

The Boogeyman- Im led to believe was a guy who was thrown of Tough Enough for being juiced up and ended up in the WWE, him, Lashley and all the "new breed" of WWE superstars is whats wrong with the WWE. They are juiiced up morons.
Old 20.12.2005, 01:29 PM
All Pro

[quote author=MP Loves You! link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=30#msg376030 date=1135033151]
The Boogeyman- Im led to believe was a guy who was thrown of Tough Enough for being juiced up and ended up in the WWE, him, Lashley and all the "new breed" of WWE superstars is whats wrong with the WWE. They are juiiced up morons.
[/quote]

Yeah all the new guys just suck
Old 20.12.2005, 01:37 PM
MVP

[quote author=MG99 link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=30#msg376352 date=1135085377]
[quote author=MP Loves You! link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=30#msg376030 date=1135033151]
[/quote]

Yeah all the new guys just suck
[/quote]

Personally the "new breed" for me was when guys like Brock Lesnar took over the show, that's when I stopped watching. Gone completely downhill from there. The WWE just don't put in what they used to now they have nobody to compete with. Pulling out all the stops just to get a higher rating than the WCW was when it was at its best.

Bring back:
  • Wrestlers appearing on both shows - do they actually think the fans care about this stupid "brand" thing? They are both the WWE so how can there possibley be any kind of rivalry?!
  • And as a result of this - only one set of titles. ONE World Championship, ONE Tag Team, ONE Intercontinental (screw this United States crap!)
  • The Hardcore title - some of the most entertaining matches ever came from this title, particularly when they introduced the 24/7 rule. I laughed so hard watching guys chase Crash Holly (RIP) around ridiculous locations with a referee tagging along.

There are tonnes of other things I would want back, but that's all I can think for now.
Old 20.12.2005, 01:43 PM
All Pro

agreed...well sort of.

The WWE is misusing a lot of recently signed wrestlers, which is due to Vinces dislike of ECW/WCW wrestlers. The cruiserweight division finally has some real talent with Kid Kash/Juvi feuding for the title, the US Title has lost all significance due to the ridiculously long reigns that John Cena and Orlando Jordan had with it.

Bobby Lashley is clearly being pushed as the next Brock Lesnar, but i think he could have used a bit more time in OVW. John Cena has held the WWE title for way too long and i think he should drop it at NYR. Saying that the only 2 fathomable winners would be HBK/ Kurt Angle.

My biggest gripe with the WWE recently has to bge Mickie James, the newest Raw Diva. Arguably the most talented wrestler in WWEs women division and shes been given an unbelievably stupid gimmick as an obsessed Trish Stratus fan. Compare this to her first promo in TNA 2 years ago, when some interviewer (bimbo w/ a mic) said to her 'hey skinny, whats your name?' she replied 'My name is screw you b***h!'. Trish has to turn heel and lose MJs support to save MJ from being a complete waste of a talent. And shes hot.

[quote author=35-7 link=board=8;threadid=15643;start=45#msg376358 date=1135085824]
Bring back:
[list][*]Wrestlers appearing on both shows - do they actually think the fans care about this stupid "brand" thing? They are both the WWE so how can there possibley be any kind of rivalry?!
[/quote]
I actually think the Survivor Series feud was one of the best things the WWE has done recently. It was good how JBL/Rey Mysterio and other rivals put their differences aside to fight for the brand.

TNA on the other hand, is off the hook. My favourite guy, Raven cuts some of the best promos in the business and wrestles a good match. Wasted oin WWE because of his size. The X division is immense and let us all not forget...

The POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUNCEEEE!............PERIOD!
Old 20.12.2005, 02:26 PM
MVP

Some SERIOUS weeding out of "talent" needs done, IMO, Raw needs to get rid of-
Antonio, Big Show, Daivari, the Bashams( I know they;re over two brands), Snitsky, Kane, Dupree, Conway, Benjamin and PLEASE god, get rid of Viscera!

the WWE need Stonecold back BADLY, even if its just in a Undertaker way, they need someone with the power to get the crowd into a frenzy.

Smackdown, you could just about clear out that roster IMO-
Batista, Boogeyman, Booker T, Funaki, Heidenreich (For the love of god lose him), JBL, Lashley, Nunzio, Orlando Jordan, Scotty, Simon Dean.

I spare Undertaker because he CAN get the crowd excited, but he needs to actually do more wrestling.

The WWE needs to really push the likes of Matt Hardy to the limits, he has the talent IMO.
I liked Benjamin, but he's another one of the problems of the WWE, a non-charismatic, no mic skilled, move-botcher.

Get some new talent in from the TNA and stop having **** storylines written by untalented people, get Heyman in there!
And I totally agree with what Paddy is saying, thats my exact sentiments.
Old 20.12.2005, 03:14 PM
All Pro

When is TNA on, I noticed it was on Eurosport, have TWC lost it. Also what format does it follow these days, is it one show a week and a PPV per month???

After what you guys are saying about it I wouldn’t mind starting to watch it again. I did watch it a bit when it first started but lost interest in wrestling altogether about a year or so ago.
Old 20.12.2005, 03:32 PM
MVP

Wow, just checked Eurosport and its showing on on Friday night, 2 half hour shows between 8-9. A half hour show on C-Mas eve and Day.

Accordin to the TNA website, TWC shows all things, but Eurosport only shows TNA IMPACT.

Tags
fixed , ham-n-egger , kayfabe , know your damn role , not a sport , ring rat , smart mark , suck it!!!!!!