NHL Season - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 09.01.2007, 04:58 PM
All Pro

Default Re:NHL Season

[quote author=Boycey (Bolts for the 'Bowl!) link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=15#msg580186 date=1168361140]
Lol, you've got the Ducks tonight. They were looking great at the start of the season but that losing streak was a huge blow to their confidence. You guys definately have a chance tonight.

Go Oilers/Sabres/Isles! 8) ;D
[/quote]

they are sitting Ducks in my eyes... haven't been the same this season... bar a ridiculously bad performance the wins in the bag...
Old 09.01.2007, 06:18 PM
All Pro

[quote author=T-Rac : Go SEAHAWKS link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=15#msg580202 date=1168361893]
[quote author=Boycey (Bolts for the 'Bowl!) link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=15#msg580186 date=1168361140]
Lol, you've got the Ducks tonight. They were looking great at the start of the season but that losing streak was a huge blow to their confidence. You guys definately have a chance tonight.

[/quote]

they are sitting Ducks in my eyes... haven't been the same this season... bar a ridiculously bad performance the wins in the bag...
[/quote]

Lol, very good. ;D You should win but let's just hope you don't wear those disgusting nappy-yellow alternate jerseys though. They are possibly the most disgusting jerseys in the history of pro sports. :-X

Old 09.01.2007, 09:11 PM
All Pro

Bad news for Colorado fans, I just found out that John-Michael Liles broke his foot in the first period of last Saturday's game in Minnesota and will be out for a month. This is a huge blow to the Avs as he was the backbone of their defence. He is fourth in scoring among defenceman with 10 goals so far this season and is tied 12th overall in points with 29. It'll be interesting to see how they handle it and whether they recall someone from the minors to try and fill the void. I guess we'll have to wait and see. One thing's for sure though, they're really going to have a tough time filling in for him.
Old 10.01.2007, 11:49 PM
All Pro

You don't understand how unfamiliar and beffuddled I am with the Flyers' losing ways this season. It really is terrible.
Old 10.01.2007, 11:53 PM
Hall of Fame

The Northwest Division is amazingly tight.

I started watching the NHL on NASN before the lockout and plumped for the Canucks as my team.

However I don't really watch it hardly at all nowadays, but from time to time I will visit the NHL sections of ESPN, Foxsports or whatever to check the standings.

Last time I checked, Vancouver were last in the NW, although I did notice they were still very much in touch. Now they are top!

Having said that there is still nothing much between top and bottom, so no doubt if I check back again in a week or so, they could well be back at the bottom of the pile.
Old 11.01.2007, 11:17 AM
Pro

i have never really watched the NHL or any ice hockey before and last night when i got back form work i watched it a bit st. louis v new jersey, on five.
but one thing i didnt get was powerplay, i was hoping someone could tell me what it was all about. (i watched with no sound on)

cheers
Old 11.01.2007, 11:19 AM
All Pro

[quote author=Boycey (Indy for the 'Bowl) link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=15#msg580250 date=1168366737]
[quote author=T-Rac : Go SEAHAWKS link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=15#msg580202 date=1168361893]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, very good. ;D You should win but let's just hope you don't wear those disgusting nappy-yellow alternate jerseys though. They are possibly the most disgusting jerseys in the history of pro sports. :-X

[/quote]

admittedly a horrid shirt :-X

but hey at least we won if only in OT, the game was a lot closer than I thought it would be so all credit to the Ducks for playing a great game... Kunitz seemed to play well (think thats his name :-\) but thank god for Sulley it OT
Old 11.01.2007, 01:18 PM
Hall of Fame

[quote author=biggerbob link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=15#msg581449 date=1168514244]
i have never really watched the NHL or any ice hockey before and last night when i got back form work i watched it a bit st. louis v new jersey, on five.
but one thing i didnt get was powerplay, i was hoping someone could tell me what it was all about. (i watched with no sound on)

cheers
[/quote]

I believe a Powerplay is when one team has a player sent to the sin bin for a foul, therefore the other team has a period of play (called a Powerplay) where they have 5 players to the other teams 4.
Old 11.01.2007, 01:22 PM
All Pro

[quote author=biggerbob link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=15#msg581449 date=1168514244]

cheers
[/quote]

"In ice hockey, a team is said to be on a powerplay when at least one opposing player is serving a 2-minute minor penalty, and the team has a numerical advantage on the ice (whenever both teams have the same number of penalties being served, there is no powerplay). Up to two players per side may serve in the penalty box, giving a team up to a possible 5 on 3 powerplay. If a goaltender commits a foul, another player who was on the ice at the time of the penalty serves. The power play ends if the attacking team scores. If the penalty is a double minor, a goal scored kills half of the penalty, thus taking 2 goals to end the power play. If a player is given a major penalty (five minute duration) a powerplay occurs, however if the team on the powerplay scores, the penalty is not ended. Major penalties only end when five minutes has elapsed or the game has ended. Misconducts do not result in powerplays." from Wiki
Old 11.01.2007, 01:58 PM
Pro

right i get it now, cheers guys.

Tags
admit it , allhailkinghenrik , between the pipes v2 , bruins jersey , go habs go!!! , lets go maple leafs! , repeat! , west is best , who likes the bru-ins