Atlanta Falcons Thread - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Atlanta Falcons

Old 12.02.2005, 07:21 PM
Rookie

Default Re:Atlanta Falcons Thread

Quote:
Would you not rather wait until the off season really gets going.
Good point I'll shall reserve my predictions till a later date. Does any one know where I can find the full list of Un-restricted and Restricted Free Agents from the Falcons? Another question, with Michael Vick signing a ten year deal what are the Cap figures looking like?
Old 13.02.2005, 10:41 AM
Rookie

To answer my own question the free agents for the Falcons this off season are:
Ty Detmer (ATL)
Kevin Shaffer (ATL)
Roberto Garza (ATL)
Steve Herndon (ATL)
Martin Bibla (ATL)
Matt Stewart (ATL)
Jamie Duncan (ATL)
Aaron Beasley (ATL)
Jay Feely (ATL)
Allen Rossum (ATL)

I'm not sure which players are restricted or un-restricted. As far as re-signing players goes I would love for Allen Rossum to stay put in Atlanta and try to produce what he managed last season. As for the offensive line players I'm not too sure as I do not evaluate the line much. Jay Feely can have his good days and he can have his bad days. What ones from the above would you re-sign or release? And is there anyone in free agengy that takes your fancy, Jerry Porter maybe?
Old 22.02.2005, 03:58 PM
Rookie

To answer your question I'd definetly love to see Allen Rossum and Jay Feely stay put at the falcons, I agree with you saying that feely can have his good days and bad days but I think letting him go would be a big mistake for us.

To answer your other question I don't know all the players currently in free agency is there somewhere I can go to see them all ??

Old 22.02.2005, 04:44 PM
Rookie

I managed to get a hold of all the players on free agency, what does everyone think of DE John Abraham as the first player to be drafted into the falcons I had a look at Jerry Porter (Vick to Crumplers Choice) but I dont really think we are in need of a wide reciever right now although he does look like quite a good player I think the players our team could do with just now would be DE, FS,LB,DT,CB,OT, and DL
Old 22.02.2005, 05:29 PM
Rookie

John Abraham has been franchised by the New York Jets so no luck there for the Falcons, although Kerney did an excellent job for the Falcons at the Left End position while Brady Smith also had a satisfactory year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3409786

George Henry says that it is doubtful the Falcons will resign Allen Rossum as his in ability vertical jump because of his size, and will be replaced by DeAngelo Hall for Punt return duty. It also goes on saying about cutting Peerless Price who has defiantly not lived up to his price tag.

How well does everybody think the Falcons will do for next season? Bit pre-mature but what the heck!
Old 23.02.2005, 03:43 PM
Rookie

Allen Rossum would be a big loss for us I think but hey DeAngelo Hall might just be able to do a good job for us in Punt return.

I can see the argument about cutting Peerless Price he has really failed to live up to the hype that surrounded him when the Falcons first got him in the team.

If we get in the players to do the job and someone to replace Price should he be cut then I think we can pull off another great season, away to pre-mature really but I stick my neck right out and tip the Falcons for the Playoffs this season, maybe even the superbowl fingers crossed
Old 23.02.2005, 05:30 PM
All Pro

The thing with Gibbs is that his system is perfectly built for a mobile QB, and breaks down when there is a pocket passer behind C.

The OL are only able to contain their players for only a brief period when the QB is stationary, however they use their athleticism when the QB is in motion and this is where they get their 'edge'.

I've seen very little o-line play from the Falcs this year, mainly highlights.

Maybe you falcons faithful can enlighten me further on what you think of your O-line this year.
Old 23.02.2005, 06:29 PM
Pro Bowler

1. There is NO CHANCE of Randy Moss becoming a falcon, even if the Vikings do decide to trade him (which is far from clear). Even if we had the cap space to absord his huge contract, his bad character and over inflated price (in terms of the picks/players that we'd have to give up) make a deal impossible.

2. The Falcons will cut Travis Hall to save $4m of cap room - unless he agreed to play for veteran mimimum. Eric Beverley, Cory Hall and Todd Weiner are also potnetial cuts for cap reasons.

3. Warrick Dunn may restructure his contract to create cap space.

4. Patrick Kerney may be given a contract extention to free up cap spacethis year.

5. Peerless Price will not be released or traded. The onlyway he leaves is if the returns his signing bonus to faciliatate a move (as David Boston did last year, and Laverneus Coles is rumoured to be doing)

6. The Falcons will draft a defensive player is round 1 - the best player available at DT,DE, OLB, FS or CB

7. Allen Rossum isn't worth a big contract and won't getone from the falcons, beause he is a below average CB.

8. donl;t expect any really BIG free agency moves fromthe falcons. They will focus on 2nd tier players rather than blowing a lot of money on 1 player.

9. Rich Mckay will have another great draft.

10. The Falcons have a very tough home schedule in 2006. Matching last year's 11 wins will be tough, but Mora will settle for nothing less than a SB win.

Old 24.02.2005, 05:17 PM
All Pro

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ha...y.asp?ID=89589

Alex Gibbs quits as Falcons' line coach

FLOWERY BRANCH - Alex Gibbs has walked away from coaching again, giving up his job with the Atlanta Falcons.

The team announced Wednesday that Gibbs would become a consultant after serving this past season as assistant head coach and offensive line coach on Jim Mora's staff.

Gibbs will be replaced by Jeff Jagodzinski, who last season coached the tight ends. Clancy Barone, assistant offensive line coach under Gibbs, was promoted to tight ends coach.

Gibbs, one of the most respected line coaches in the game, previously left his job with the Denver Broncos because of exhaustion and depression.

After three years in semiretirement, Gibbs got back on the sideline last season. He joined Mora's staff in Atlanta, providing the rookie coach with an experienced right-hand man.

``He's one of the greatest offensive line coaches in the history of the game,'' Mora said at the time.

Gibbs had prickly relations with the media, refusing to do interviews and telling his linemen that only one of them could speak to reporters each week.

But there's no disputing that Gibbs got results. The Falcons won the NFC South only their third division title in 39 years and led the NFL in rushing for the first time with a franchise-record 2,672 yards.

Atlanta advanced to the conference championship game before losing to the Philadelphia Eagles.

In Denver, Gibbs was credited with molding an undersized line into a group that helped the Broncos win two straight Super Bowl championships.

One of his favorite tactics was the cut block, designed to eliminate the backside pursuit but viewed by many defensive linemen as a dirty maneuver.

In a statement, Mora said he will continue to rely on Gibbs and expected the coaching staff to remain one of the best in the league.

``Jags and Clancy are two of the top, young coaches in this league, and I'm thrilled they are part of my staff,'' Mora said. ``I will continue to lean heavily on Alex in all areas of our offensive football preparation because he remains one of the best offensive minds in the game.''

The Falcons also lost assistant general manager Tim Ruskell, who was hired Wednesday as the new president of operations for the Seattle Seahawks.

Ruskell will replace Bob Whitsitt, who was fired last month.

The announcement came a day after Bob Ferguson announced he was resigning as Seattle's general manager.

Ruskell spent most of his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, beginning in 1987. He joined the Falcons in 2004, after Rich McKay, his former boss in Tampa, became president and general manager in Atlanta.
Old 24.02.2005, 06:31 PM
All Pro

[quote author=UKBronco link=board=1;threadid=8317;start=15#msg179170 date=1109265469]
http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ha...y.asp?ID=89589

The Falcons also lost assistant general manager Tim Ruskell, who was hired Wednesday as the new president of operations for the Seattle Seahawks.

Ruskell will replace Bob Whitsitt, who was fired last month.

The announcement came a day after Bob Ferguson announced he was resigning as Seattle's general manager.

Ruskell spent most of his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, beginning in 1987. He joined the Falcons in 2004, after Rich McKay, his former boss in Tampa, became president and general manager in Atlanta.

[/quote]

What about this part of the article? Anyone devastated or pleased this guy has gone?