The Big Blue Giants Thread - Page 399 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Giants

  #3981  
Old 03.01.2014, 08:31 AM
davidjones178@hotmail.co.uk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Gilbride and Jacobs both heading out to pasture.

Cofield not enough for the Redskins? Drives me crazy when other teams buy what we build. Especially after a rubbish season in which the only bright spot was our defence.
Reply With Quote
  #3982  
Old 03.01.2014, 01:19 PM
Doberman36's Avatar
Doberman36 Doberman36 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 14.10.2007
Posts: 506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjones178@hotmail.co.uk View Post
Gilbride and Jacobs both heading out to pasture.

Cofield not enough for the Redskins? Drives me crazy when other teams buy what we build. Especially after a rubbish season in which the only bright spot was our defence.

Gilbride finally gone! Will the same happen for Fewell and Quinn?

I don't think I'm alone in saying the return of Mike Sullivan to the OC role would be very welcome...
Reply With Quote
  #3983  
Old 03.01.2014, 03:16 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberman36 View Post
Gilbride finally gone! Will the same happen for Fewell and Quinn?

I don't think I'm alone in saying the return of Mike Sullivan to the OC role would be very welcome...
i think Fewell had a good season and has had good seasons in the past and might end up leaving in a very different way, with the skins sniffing round.

Quinn needs to go though.

i'm not so sure as it would be nice to have new ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #3984  
Old 04.01.2014, 03:38 PM
GiantMackem's Avatar
GiantMackem GiantMackem is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 08.09.2010
Posts: 13,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberman36 View Post
Gilbride finally gone! Will the same happen for Fewell and Quinn?

I don't think I'm alone in saying the return of Mike Sullivan to the OC role would be very welcome...
GOd please no. Gilbride MK II
Reply With Quote
  #3985  
Old 04.01.2014, 05:47 PM
Bruce ma Goose's Avatar
Bruce ma Goose Bruce ma Goose is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 30.12.2005
Posts: 2,632
Default

Not over the moon about the suggestion of Sullivan and thankfully reports have moved away from him being a slam dunk selection, to simply just being one candidate.

Hopefully Fewell will see sense. He's built something good here and if he can keep most of the pieces for that defence it can only enhance his reputation next season. Coughlin is likely to leave at the end of next season and Fewell could be prime candidate to take the step up to HC in just 12 months time (hopefully 14 months!) without having to work for Dan Snyder. I think you've a lot more chance of success debuting as a HC if you get an internal promotion than you do if you get parachuted into a bad situation.
Reply With Quote
  #3986  
Old 04.01.2014, 08:31 PM
GiantMackem's Avatar
GiantMackem GiantMackem is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 08.09.2010
Posts: 13,018
Default

I've decided I want Rob Chudzinski.

He also is young enough to be groomed as TC successor. I actually think he did a good job in Cleveland considering the QB position was filled by Campbell, Weeden and Hoyer.
Reply With Quote
  #3987  
Old 08.01.2014, 07:01 PM
lelegiants's Avatar
lelegiants lelegiants is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 09.09.2010
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
I actually think he did a good job in Cleveland considering the QB position was filled by Campbell, Weeden and Hoyer.
Should be right at home with Eli then

(i'm joking I love Eli)
Reply With Quote
  #3988  
Old 15.01.2014, 02:31 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

looks like Pope as gone.
Reply With Quote
  #3989  
Old 17.01.2014, 05:24 PM
Bruce ma Goose's Avatar
Bruce ma Goose Bruce ma Goose is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 30.12.2005
Posts: 2,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
looks like Pope as gone.
All good things...

Not sold on McAdoo. QB coach at the Packers and look what happened to them when their starter went down. Utter carnage and I don't think that reflects well on the coaching staff. I would imagine Mr Rodgers would make a trained chimpanzee look impressive as his coach.
Reply With Quote
  #3990  
Old 21.01.2014, 12:04 PM
Manveer1's Avatar
Manveer1 Manveer1 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.07.2009
Posts: 1,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce ma Goose View Post
All good things...

Not sold on McAdoo. QB coach at the Packers and look what happened to them when their starter went down. Utter carnage and I don't think that reflects well on the coaching staff. I would imagine Mr Rodgers would make a trained chimpanzee look impressive as his coach.
Matt Flynn did rather well breaking packers records...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 07:52 PM.