Old 05.12.2009, 10:59 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to jack1 Send a message via Skype™ to jack1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WharfedaleTiger View Post
*dances* w00p

A few suggestions;

a) facebook group
b) Webpage (possibly facebook group at first but then expand once we have enough members etc. to afford the fees.)
c) Try to get the offical lions Supporters Club and US based Lions fans/forums involved to support us
d) Player, Lions fan of the year etc. nominations.
e) meet ups? membership cards. If the Lions are on telly at some point (thanksgiving?) then perhaps a meet up for that?

Anyone else?
Great ideas, just say the word and I'll happily do (A), unless someone else is going to do it.
Old 06.12.2009, 01:47 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
Great ideas, just say the word and I'll happily do (A), unless someone else is going to do it.
I'm fine to do it, lets just wait and see what one or two others say...
Old 07.12.2009, 12:43 PM
All Pro

Check your inbox for fan club related PM
Old 08.12.2009, 04:47 AM
All Pro

Thumbs up Lions Fan Club

It seems like a lot of work and problems watching a game as only one Lions guaranted on TV over 'ere is Thanks Giving but good thing is it makes it a do-able game meet wise as it will always be first one on that day - so 5:30pm Kick Off UK time that day. Yep I guess could make that the annual meet day each year - even better if (I cant cook save my bacon) but say make it a meal day to - actually have a Thanks Giving turkey or at least loads of breast and legs etc. in some venue with da game on.

In theory I am cool to join but was thinking about waiting as I'd like membership number 20 and you was only at about 10 by my count...

Now I actually have been to Detroit many times and seen about 10 games I'd say now at Ford Field. Keeping contacts is so hard and not everyone gets on - I have been on the fringes when it comes to tail gating - would love to have a regular group we could hook up with in Down Town when any offical unoffical ;-) UKDL fans go over, but folks I TG'd with well personalities differ a lot and not all of us would necessarily get on. I guess I am still looking for this myself.

Oh I am notoriously a bad manager of time and disorganised with stuff so alas don't feel able to commit to taking anything on admin wise as yet as I don't wanna let anyone down... but am happy to impart any knowledge I have gained from my trips over - I am a back packer and always do traveling on the budget trail... so can really help those that wanna rough it and do it on the cheap.

I have also had a dream of dressing up and really getting noticed but never found the stuff and my attempts have been a bit lame... any of you seen those crazy Raider fans and at other road games I seen some cool peeps - that even have a fan section in the H.O.F I do belive now... but I am not practical (as in much good doing DIY and creative stuff with my hands) but perhaps we can exchange ideas and help each other realizse there ideas as next year when I go I'd like to really get blinged up like you see those crazy Raiders guys with camo painted faces and oversized sholder pads etc.

Any ways let me know the Facebook group and how this is progressing... Guess it's nice to belong - interested to hear some of your stories (and ages) and why the Lions?
Old 08.12.2009, 01:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelionman View Post
It seems like a lot of work and problems watching a game as only one Lions guaranted on TV over 'ere is Thanks Giving but good thing is it makes it a do-able game meet wise as it will always be first one on that day - so 5:30pm Kick Off UK time that day. Yep I guess could make that the annual meet day each year - even better if (I cant cook save my bacon) but say make it a meal day to - actually have a Thanks Giving turkey or at least loads of breast and legs etc. in some venue with da game on.

In theory I am cool to join but was thinking about waiting as I'd like membership number 20 and you was only at about 10 by my count...

Now I actually have been to Detroit many times and seen about 10 games I'd say now at Ford Field. Keeping contacts is so hard and not everyone gets on - I have been on the fringes when it comes to tail gating - would love to have a regular group we could hook up with in Down Town when any offical unoffical ;-) UKDL fans go over, but folks I TG'd with well personalities differ a lot and not all of us would necessarily get on. I guess I am still looking for this myself.

Oh I am notoriously a bad manager of time and disorganised with stuff so alas don't feel able to commit to taking anything on admin wise as yet as I don't wanna let anyone down... but am happy to impart any knowledge I have gained from my trips over - I am a back packer and always do traveling on the budget trail... so can really help those that wanna rough it and do it on the cheap.

I have also had a dream of dressing up and really getting noticed but never found the stuff and my attempts have been a bit lame... any of you seen those crazy Raider fans and at other road games I seen some cool peeps - that even have a fan section in the H.O.F I do belive now... but I am not practical (as in much good doing DIY and creative stuff with my hands) but perhaps we can exchange ideas and help each other realizse there ideas as next year when I go I'd like to really get blinged up like you see those crazy Raiders guys with camo painted faces and oversized sholder pads etc.

Any ways let me know the Facebook group and how this is progressing... Guess it's nice to belong - interested to hear some of your stories (and ages) and why the Lions?
Have tried to PM you with details for Fan Club but your inbox is full. Will happily PM you with details once you let me know you can accept message.
Old 08.12.2009, 02:46 PM
Pro Bowler

Right, should I create a facebook group?
Old 08.12.2009, 03:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WharfedaleTiger View Post
Right, should I create a facebook group?
Given our numbers I think we should stick to these pages for now rather than disperse ourselves across different cyber media. I've not looked into the social group function on this site has anyone else? That said if everybody thinks facebook offers a better option for us to keep in touch etc and gives us a wider reach for potentially more members then I'm all for it

Hope to have a fan club announcement on another matter tomorrow
Old 08.12.2009, 05:04 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyTrencher View Post
Given our numbers I think we should stick to these pages for now rather than disperse ourselves across different cyber media. I've not looked into the social group function on this site has anyone else? That said if everybody thinks facebook offers a better option for us to keep in touch etc and gives us a wider reach for potentially more members then I'm all for it

Hope to have a fan club announcement on another matter tomorrow
Awsome mate, good job.

I've not looked at it but will do now. I'm just thinking that facebook might open us up to more members... but then again it does compromise anolymity (Sorry for dreadful spelling!)
Old 08.12.2009, 05:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Right, it appears that the social networking is limited to 'social groups' into which we can put pictures and use as a bit of a chatroom. I've created a Lions Fan Club one at; https://forum.nfluk.com/group.php?groupid=51 but I'm not sure how useful that is going to be except to use as a bit of a 'pub' style thing.
Old 08.12.2009, 07:24 PM
Starter

as a person not on facebook and not going to be on facebook for me the FB thing is kinda out, but if the majority are on it then when there are a few more members it would probably be a good idea.
Like bluelionman i am pretty unorganised and have a couple of commitments with English football so would prefer to leave the admin etc to others, but I'm looking forward to the fan club and things that will go along with it.