Kurt - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 19.01.2010, 06:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs View Post
Oh I definitely don't want to see Favre go either but I think he's gonna stay around for another year. Well I hope so!!
I swear if we have to go through another Farve 'has he? will he?' off season I will explode. either play or retire but stick to what you decide!!! you doylum
Old 23.01.2010, 07:16 PM
Starter

Surely the reality has to hit home at some point, the longer Warner stays the longer the delay until the Cards start the rebuild. Boldin can go, why break the bank to keep an injury prone wr at 30 years old? Warner will ultimately do what he wants but then give Leinhart his chance and make some smart recruitment on defense as however good a season he has at qb he is never going to hit 50 points to win a play off game, you need a Warner/Farve/Brady etc to do that.

Why look for an unwanted qb from elsewhere? If we get a reasonable 1st draft pick in exchange for Boldin get a qb to offer some competition to #7?
Old 24.01.2010, 05:08 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roser View Post
Surely the reality has to hit home at some point, the longer Warner stays the longer the delay until the Cards start the rebuild. Boldin can go, why break the bank to keep an injury prone wr at 30 years old? Warner will ultimately do what he wants but then give Leinhart his chance and make some smart recruitment on defense as however good a season he has at qb he is never going to hit 50 points to win a play off game, you need a Warner/Farve/Brady etc to do that.

Why look for an unwanted qb from elsewhere? If we get a reasonable 1st draft pick in exchange for Boldin get a qb to offer some competition to #7?
Cards will be lucky to get a 2nd and a provisional next year. If any team offers a first the Cards bite their hand off. The best offer last year was an alleged 3rd and a second next year.

Whatever happens Matt will have competition next year. I'm not sure he has Whiz's faith, so if Pete Carrol comes calling.....
Old 24.01.2010, 07:24 PM
Starter

Fair point about the coaches and whether they have the faith in Leinhart, there was all the talk about StPierre and how the staff were happy for them to battle it out for the deputy spot for Warner last year.

See Leinhart well ahead myself, can't see us doing much if he doesn't come good but I will keep the faith.
Old 24.01.2010, 09:19 PM
Pro

To be honest, I dont think we would survive without Kurt.
Old 27.01.2010, 06:24 PM
Starter

I know, as tough as it sounds there isn't enough without him, a shaky defence at best and what worries me is that they are all talking as if they are superstars.

We're really strong wr hb and a few other areas but Warner has got great awareness and a really quick drop and release which makes our offensive line look better than they really are.

I don't want to go back to losing seasons....don't make me go.
Old 27.01.2010, 07:24 PM
All Pro

All I'd say is when Matt went on the road to Tennessee on a short notice start having not been the man taking practice snaps he stood up to leading the team admirabley, especially against what was the form team at that point. I think Matt can be a success when it's certain he has control of the huddle, he's never been 'THE MAN' since we drafted him. If Kurt stays, I think it will only be until his next hit and if he goes, good Luck Matt, maybe my no.7 Jersey will finally be useful
Old 27.01.2010, 07:27 PM
Starter

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...3&sportCat=nfl

Kurt going.....Thanks for everything

Good luck Matt No.7
Old 28.01.2010, 05:40 AM
Starter

Yeah, Matt has really taken up the mantle when he's been in a whole game. He's not the qb Warner is but has earned a chance and I wish him all the best. If we keep Breaston him and Fitz will give him good options.
Old 28.01.2010, 09:57 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roser View Post
Yeah, Matt has really taken up the mantle when he's been in a whole game. He's not the qb Warner is but has earned a chance and I wish him all the best. If we keep Breaston him and Fitz will give him good options.
Breaston is a Restricted FA