Kurt - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 28.01.2010, 10:01 AM
All Pro

Quick question, If Tebow falls to us in the draft do you risk him even with all of the experts saying he'll never make a pro standard QB
Old 28.01.2010, 10:49 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
Quick question, If Tebow falls to us in the draft do you risk him even with all of the experts saying he'll never make a pro standard QB
No.
IMO unless a drop kick O player, like a Tackle drops, then this draft has to be about D, D and more D.

Matt hasnt dont enough (Should Kurt relly retire) to prove he can be the guy to help a rookie adjust to the NFL. So again, unless a Clausen falls, I wouldnt take a QB before the 4th round, and we'd need a Pennington/Garcia type to back Matt up (assuming he doesnt go to Seattle).

Tebow? Not a chance.
Old 28.01.2010, 12:18 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
No.
IMO unless a drop kick O player, like a Tackle drops, then this draft has to be about D, D and more D.

Matt hasnt dont enough (Should Kurt relly retire) to prove he can be the guy to help a rookie adjust to the NFL. So again, unless a Clausen falls, I wouldnt take a QB before the 4th round, and we'd need a Pennington/Garcia type to back Matt up (assuming he doesnt go to Seattle).

Tebow? Not a chance.
I'd love Pennington here.
He doesnt have a huge arm but doesn't need it with our WRs.
He is accurate, and with our guys , that will be deadly.
Old 28.01.2010, 12:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petelondoncard View Post
I'd love Pennington here.
He doesnt have a huge arm but doesn't need it with our WRs.
He is accurate, and with our guys , that will be deadly.
I agree pete. If Kurt does retire, he'd be a good vet to bring in.
Old 28.01.2010, 10:05 PM
Starter

Quote:
Breaston is a Restricted FA
I know but think he has shown he could perform and a lot of teams will offer pretty big and give him a role as a starter.

Do the franchise see him in that light or will we be trying to keep Boldin? Think from what I've seen I'd have Breaston, even without the injuries I don't see Boldin getting back to his best.

So many decisions do depend on Kurt and what he decides but surely Breaston has to stay whatever.
Old 28.01.2010, 10:20 PM
Starter

So, if Kurt goes I can see the appeal of a vet qb, who else appeals to you all?

Pennington would be a pretty solid choice and suit the Cards, but how would you feel about Delhomme as another vet or Moore as I don't think the Panthers are sure who they see as next years starter meaning one or other could be moving.

Without wanting to get us all ranting Vick (not sure it would sit with me), Culpepper, T Jackson, Campbell (I'm already counting him out, to much of a short passer) and however unlikely Orton might be on the market too.
Old 28.01.2010, 10:36 PM
All Pro

I've already considered Campbell, I wonder if a change of scenery would do him some good
Old 28.01.2010, 10:41 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've already considered Campbell, I wonder if a change of scenery would do him some good
Trouble is, Campbell will be a Restricted Free Agent due to CBA position. The Redskins will definitely tender him, meaning you'd have to give up 1st and 3rd round draft picks to get him.
Old 29.01.2010, 09:46 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoj View Post
Trouble is, Campbell will be a Restricted Free Agent due to CBA position. The Redskins will definitely tender him, meaning you'd have to give up 1st and 3rd round draft picks to get him.
iF THERE IS NO CAP. tHEN THE sKINS COULD GO ALL OUT TO REPLACE HIM. i GUESS IT DEPENDS ON THE NEW COACH AND HIS OPINION ON jc.

i'D LOVE TO SEE HIM IN aRIZONA.
Old 29.01.2010, 04:28 PM
Starter

Unfortunately, as the 49ers found out post Steve Young, it is not easy to replace a top QB and I guess that drafting Leinert as the long term option hasn't worked out. I wouldn't say that Campbell is much better than Leinert. Its a bit like the Smith/Hill scenario at SF !

I think that Leinert should be given one last season to see if he learnt from the maestro until a good draft opportunity appears in future seasons.