Rolle on his way out? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 17.02.2010, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Default Rolle on his way out?

Pay the man the 4 million or let him go?

I would hate to see him go to be honest.
Old 17.02.2010, 09:36 PM
All Pro

I hope he is on his way out. Miami are interested apparently. He is a great player and would be a big loss if you let him go. Big gain for anyone who picks him up. Hope you don't mind me butting in
Old 18.02.2010, 05:57 AM
Starter

I would be gutted to see him go, it seems very few of our stars on d may be back next year if we are not going to pay the going rate.

Rolle, D-R-C would be the biggest guys on that side for making big plays but we could do with keeping Okeafor, Dansby etc as otherwise our rebuild becomes more of a restart.

We've signed Baggs from CFL who is a good addition but if we lose big numbers I'm not sure the talent is out there to replace them all. We're not a big 'fa' team in recent years so assume the staff will do all they can to keep them likie they did with Fitz.

I see us making a few of these guys very rich sooner than let them go (I hope).

(plus I don't mind Dolphin's comments over here at all personally so welcome as far as I'm concerned at least, adds to the debate and think Rolle would be a good move for you if he does go)

Last edited by roser; 18.02.2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 18.02.2010, 08:15 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
Pay the man the 4 million or let him go?

I would hate to see him go to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roser View Post
I would be gutted to see him go, it seems very few of our stars on d may be back next year if we are not going to pay the going rate.

Rolle, D-R-C would be the biggest guys on that side for making big plays but we could do with keeping Okeafor, Dansby etc as otherwise our rebuild becomes more of a restart.

We've signed Baggs from CFL who is a good addition but if we lose big numbers I'm not sure the talent is out there to replace them all. We're not a big 'fa' team in recent years so assume the staff will do all they can to keep them likie they did with Fitz.

I see us making a few of these guys very rich sooner than let them go (I hope).

(plus I don't mind Dolphin's comments over here at all personally so welcome as far as I'm concerned at least, adds to the debate and think Rolle would be a good move for you if he does go)
Its 12.1 million, not 4. His base salary would be 8.1 million. The 4 million is a roster bonus. His (Corner) rookie contract was designed to be renegotiated before this season, or he will be cut.
If he refuses to renegotiate he will be cut. And good riddance. (Sorry bad night. But anyone thinking the Cards are wrong, or cheap or whatever for not paying a safety more than Larry Fitz, is as mental as Arsene Wenger)

Last edited by Northern Soul; 18.02.2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 18.02.2010, 08:17 AM
Pro Bowler

losing Rolle would be a nasty blow...but I believe he is still under contract admittedly he would be earning a whopping amount and the cards would be loath to pay it...but the fact remains he is under contract and so potentially trade bait.

As for Okeafor I think he is past his sell by date and we can do better, if Hayes gets healthy I wouldn't want him to go but Okeafor.....so long and thanks for all the fish.

Dansby is gone and I think Whiz and the FO have been planning for this for two years....In Whiz we trust...

We will be fine on D, you'll see I mean we didn't set the bar that high last year IMO.
I don't know why but I got up this morning oozing confidence
Old 18.02.2010, 09:25 AM
Pro Bowler

Ok having done a bit of research...Rolle is probably gone....unless we extend him in the next 10 days or so
Old 18.02.2010, 01:23 PM
All Pro

Quite frankly we spent a lot of money on him being pretty poor at CB considering his draft position that now we've got him in a position he's comfortable and producing is time to sort something out. He is the kind of age that we need those characters to help build our next future as the likes of Okeafor look like they may be gone
Old 18.02.2010, 07:39 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
Its 12.1 million, not 4. His base salary would be 8.1 million. The 4 million is a roster bonus. His (Corner) rookie contract was designed to be renegotiated before this season, or he will be cut.
If he refuses to renegotiate he will be cut. And good riddance. (Sorry bad night. But anyone thinking the Cards are wrong, or cheap or whatever for not paying a safety more than Larry Fitz, is as mental as Arsene Wenger)
Completely agree if the cost is that high, £4m sounded ok and I'm not against rewarding our better players, add another £8m and I don't understand how we'd justify that. Don't think our defense is that great overall but it won't be improving if we lose that many guys. We can't honestly believe we are that special defensively after all the points they conceeded post season.

On the cards site the tallk from Whiz is that he is happy to keep to the 'stratergy of the last few seasons' and like others said on this thread I trust his judgement in regard to recruitment and I'm fine with that. But I repeat my worry we've never been a big 'fa' player so wonder what the plan would be to bring in so many (ideally good) players.

I'm really torn over this one as I wouldn't like to see him go but it is such a salary, but think we must trust Whiz and the rest of the guys to get it right.

Last edited by roser; 18.02.2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 19.02.2010, 01:09 PM
Pro Bowler

Its a real shame that we spent the first years of his contract playing him at corner; then a year getting him used to playing FS, now he's finally showing signs of blossoming, we have to let him go!

That said, I don't think we should hurt our team by spending money like that on a safety... an adequate safety at that.
Old 19.02.2010, 01:13 PM
Pro Bowler

Are you guys worried at the prospect of losing both Rolle and Dansby?

I'm not too sure what Dansby's situation regarding a new contract is, but how do you guys feel at the prospect of losing two of your best defensive players?