Dolphin Free Agent Wish List 2010 - Page 16 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 28.03.2010, 04:06 PM
MVP

The Palm Beach Post is reporting that the Phins are looking at safety Darren Sharper as a short term solution for the spot recently occupied by Gibril Wilson.

He would give us a playmaker in the centre of our defensive backfield and be a good leader for our younger safeties who could learn a lot from him.

Will it happen? I dont know but the market place for veteran safeties is pretty small at the moment, so if he wants a reasonably priced salary, then it could be a goer for us.
Old 28.03.2010, 05:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowder#52 View Post
The Palm Beach Post is reporting that the Phins are looking at safety Darren Sharper as a short term solution for the spot recently occupied by Gibril Wilson.

He would give us a playmaker in the centre of our defensive backfield and be a good leader for our younger safeties who could learn a lot from him.

Will it happen? I dont know but the market place for veteran safeties is pretty small at the moment, so if he wants a reasonably priced salary, then it could be a goer for us.
I doubt Sharper would be looking for a reasonable salary. His already well respected stock rose still further last year and would be a pricy short term solution. I'd rather the FO bided their time and went for Atogwe in the summer, (or hope for the miracle that Berry falls as far as 12 )
Old 28.03.2010, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Sharper would be a good short term solution for sure... but obviously very costly. It might bide some time for someone like Chris Clemons to develop and become the long term solution. Personally I don't think the Dolphins will be willing to give up the $$$ for Sharper.
Old 14.04.2010, 08:14 AM
MVP

A lot of rumours circulating overnight about Brandon Marshall. Between us and Seattle.

Our 2nd + Ted Ginn and I'd be all over it.
Old 14.04.2010, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper85 View Post
A lot of rumours circulating overnight about Brandon Marshall. Between us and Seattle.

Our 2nd + Ted Ginn and I'd be all over it.
If only he could have been had that cheaply! That would have been a dream! Two 2nds is fairly steep, but it's not too bad when you are acquiring one of the best players in the league at his position. And at least we still have our first rounder.
Old 14.04.2010, 01:07 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
If only he could have been had that cheaply! That would have been a dream! Two 2nds is fairly steep, but it's not too bad when you are acquiring one of the best players in the league at his position. And at least we still have our first rounder.
I really think we'll try to shop that 1st rounder and trade down now. Hopefully with the talent in the draft, we can find a suitable trade partner.
Old 14.04.2010, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper85 View Post
I really think we'll try to shop that 1st rounder and trade down now. Hopefully with the talent in the draft, we can find a suitable trade partner.
Yeah I think they will too Dupes. They will want to try and regain a pick. ...Even before this deal for Marshall was done, I was kind of hoping they would trade down.
Old 14.04.2010, 01:41 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
I suppose it depends on where they pick,if they are picking at #32 in Rd.2,i'd be more than happy