Official BIG RED free agency thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 05.03.2010, 06:12 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Official BIG RED free agency thread

Rumours...NFL radio reporting Jets and Cards talking about trading Q for S Kerry Rhodes and a pick (5th or 6th)....just a rumour at the moment
Old 06.03.2010, 08:00 AM
Pro Bowler

INCREDIBLE!!! Rolle to the Giants....THE HIGHEST PAID SAFETY????? perhaps its a different Rolle?
Old 06.03.2010, 09:21 AM
Team Captain

Chad Pennington decides to stay with the Dolphins.

Which means we don't get much choice from the F/A for Leinarts back-up other than Carr. Unless we trade for someone.

I'm a little disappointed with the Front Office. I would have thought we would have signed at least one player yesterday. Maybe they were just too focused on trying to re-sign Rolle and trading Boldin.
Old 06.03.2010, 09:37 AM
Pro Bowler

The Cards FO doesn't believe in wading in early into FA. they like to let the dust settle then pick the bones of whats left.
They stated as much before it opened.
Old 06.03.2010, 10:07 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
The Cards FO doesn't believe in wading in early into FA. they like to let the dust settle then pick the bones of whats left.
They stated as much before it opened.
Maybe that's the wrong approach to take. Look how many holes we have to plug on the team and also also look how crazy it was yesterday. At this rate, all the good players will be gone by the time the Cards make their move on anyone.
Old 06.03.2010, 10:51 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus85 View Post
Maybe that's the wrong approach to take. Look how many holes we have to plug on the team and also also look how crazy it was yesterday. At this rate, all the good players will be gone by the time the Cards make their move on anyone.
Nah...it will be fine. We aren't looking for big name big money guys we are looking for contributers and value

If I had a worry it would be who is going to play FS for us, and if we lose Ware as well....well then I might be a bit worried but we won't and it will all be fine. you will see
keep the faith
Old 06.03.2010, 11:13 AM
All Pro

I think they like Rashad Johnson at Safety, but I agree we are making holes all over the place, but it's no different really from any other Cardinal Spring
Old 06.03.2010, 11:16 AM
All Pro

oh, and in terms of this thread.

Rolle signs record $37m contract with the Giants

Dansby signs record $43m contract with the Phins
Old 06.03.2010, 12:50 PM
MVP

I'm on the Gaithers for our first pick. The Cards now have the money to make him a very pretty deal.
Old 06.03.2010, 01:08 PM
Starter

Worried in a way that we really do have holes appearing all over and from AB's trade we only have picks to show so far. We could end up with a very new unit particularly on 'd' if we see the draft as the answer to our problems but will have shifted a few big earners prior to 2011 and the potential of a capped year.

We would never have been in a position to pay all of this money for Rolle/Dansby/Boldin and I do think we've done the right thing, but are missing out on some good players and fa doesn't have much left of what we need.

I am not as worried about offense, we have some great wr's/hb's and am not worried about Pennington staying in Miami as there are the likes of Carr and now Delhomme who would be pretty good fits and as a 2nd string we don't need a superstar.

Last edited by roser; 06.03.2010 at 01:15 PM.