Official BIG RED free agency thread - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 06.03.2010, 05:30 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
I think they like Rashad Johnson at Safety, but I agree we are making holes all over the place, but it's no different really from any other Cardinal Spring
Some Cards fans I know don't think he's ready to make the step up to starter yet. They think we should get Sharper or Clark and have him learn from them.

Quote:
oh, and in terms of this thread.

Rolle signs record $37m contract with the Giants

Dansby signs record $43m contract with the Phins
What I find funny about that deal for Rolle is that we offered him pretty much an indentical one. We offered a 6 year, $40 million deal and he turns it down.
Old 06.03.2010, 06:23 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roser View Post
Worried in a way that we really do have holes appearing all over and from AB's trade we only have picks to show so far. We could end up with a very new unit particularly on 'd' if we see the draft as the answer to our problems but will have shifted a few big earners prior to 2011 and the potential of a capped year.

We would never have been in a position to pay all of this money for Rolle/Dansby/Boldin and I do think we've done the right thing, but are missing out on some good players and fa doesn't have much left of what we need.

I am not as worried about offense, we have some great wr's/hb's and am not worried about Pennington staying in Miami as there are the likes of Carr and now Delhomme who would be pretty good fits and as a 2nd string we don't need a superstar.
The D was rankd 27 wasnt it? They gave up a record 90 points in 2 play off games.
I think a revamp was called for. Get the ones off who dont want to be there, and get some guys in who not only may be cheaper, but possibly better. In Rolle's case, not too hard. Tougher with Karlos
Old 06.03.2010, 08:42 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
The D was rankd 27 wasnt it? They gave up a record 90 points in 2 play off games.
I think a revamp was called for. Get the ones off who dont want to be there, and get some guys in who not only may be cheaper, but possibly better. In Rolle's case, not too hard. Tougher with Karlos
Completely agree that we have seen some guys go who were not worth breaking the bank to keep, and we do need to make changes as we are not good enough on d. What worries me is the amount of personnel moving on means we really are going to have to make big moves in a market lacking many upgrades, guess I'm just worried we'll have a raft of rookies.

Joey Porter wouldn't be a bad move considering who are in the market, Sharper is older but could help blood in some of the new guys.

Overall I must say I trust Whiz and the judgement in the front office, I'm just surprised it seems to be a one way street in terms of fa's.
Old 06.03.2010, 09:14 PM
Pro Bowler

I've cooled to Porter now (originally I was all for bringing him in) but I would like to see Sharper come in he could be a great mentor to our young safety's and would give us a great experienced safety duo in A-Dub and Sharper while Johnson finds his feet.

but I think this is just a dream, I think we intend to blood Johnson next year and let him learn the hard way.
Old 07.03.2010, 01:41 AM
Starter

Well we got Kerry Rhoades.
I liked him as a Jet. Lets hope he is better in coverage than Rolle.
Old 07.03.2010, 08:04 AM
Starter

I like the fact we have acted quickly with Rhodes, he is just the type of player we needed although it's a pity the Jets got Crom as despite his problems I thought he'd have been good.

What do we know about Larry Foote who we're expected to meet with next week as Dansby's replacement? Remember him a the Steelers I think but last season at the Lions he went completely under my radar.

I know Joey Porter is a risk and will carry a big salary but he's potentially capable of big plays and think we've lost a little of that with Dansby, think Whiz can manage those kind of personalities.
Old 07.03.2010, 09:19 AM
All Pro

I like Rhodes, would probably preferred Sharper but happy we've actually moved swiftly to deal with at least one problem. Using spare 4th rounder to get the deal done. Happy
Old 07.03.2010, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I like Rhodes, would probably preferred Sharper but happy we've actually moved swiftly to deal with at least one problem. Using spare 4th rounder to get the deal done. Happy
Its an upgrade thats for sure. We still need a few more faces in before i get over the the other loses though.
Old 07.03.2010, 07:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
Its an upgrade thats for sure. We still need a few more faces in before i get over the the other loses though.
I don't know about the draft class ahead as honestly I don't follow college ball but I've seen a lot of teams manage to draft in immediately legitimate LB options, so without knowing the depth of the draft I would hope this could be potentially addressed around in the first 3 rounds
Old 07.03.2010, 08:23 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't know about the draft class ahead as honestly I don't follow college ball but I've seen a lot of teams manage to draft in immediately legitimate LB options, so without knowing the depth of the draft I would hope this could be potentially addressed around in the first 3 rounds
The draft is 'apparently' deep at LB this year but I would still like a veteran in to mentor or young brood of LBs

The cards have Foote coming in for a look my guess is we sign him he's ex steelers and we all know Whiz is trying to re asemble the Steelers in Arizona