Official BIG RED free agency thread - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 07.03.2010, 08:28 PM
Pro Bowler

Found this little tidbit of info on the National Football Post.

link http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-Marshall.html

Quote:
The trade of Kerry Rhodes to the Cards is interesting from the standpoint it pairs him with Adrian Wilson. Wilson is a heavy hitter and Rhodes is a light hitter, or no-hitter at all, and Rhodes lacks the range of Antrel Rolle. The Cards will inherit a seventh day of the league year $2-million roster bonus that was guaranteed for injury in Rhodes’ contract. Dumping Rhodes will save the Jets more than $4 million….
and

Quote:
I know that Karlos Dansby had four suits packed when he took his first trip to Miami and expressed a desire to make all his visits. However, my sources tell me he didn’t have four teams to visit. In fact, I’m told the Dolphins were the only team with a sincere interest….
Old 07.03.2010, 09:18 PM
Starter

Um, I'd heard good things about Rhodes so that's a bit of a worry.

I think he's an older head to bring a few of our younger recruits on, he has worked with Donnie Henderson who's coaching our backs so they may see it as someone who'll know those practices and methods to inpart on the others.

The Dansby comment is the type of stuff that flies about, would love to know if it really was true but still think of all of the losses he's the one we may feel the most.

Good digging about, interesting stuff.
Old 07.03.2010, 09:45 PM
All Pro

I wouldn't read to much into the Rhodes business, I think a lot of people are Rolle bleary. Rhodes is a better coverage safety, Rolle missed enough tackles himself, in fact it's endemic of Cardinal football and is a coaching concern for me. I think the general concencus is we have got a bargain and probably an upgrade at safety. Temperament is worrying, but the NFL is all ego and everyone knows it
Old 08.03.2010, 09:04 AM
Pro Bowler

Porter to visit Thursday.
I'm back on board the Porter band wagon!!
(I know this is the second U turn but I really think we need a proven veteran and deep down i think Porter could be a real leader for us, I would like to get Foote as well but I think it will be one or the other)
Old 08.03.2010, 09:08 AM
Pro Bowler

Carr is a 40 winer

anyone got Jake Dels number?
Old 08.03.2010, 11:51 AM
All Pro

Am I the only one who would rather look elsewhere than Carr & Delhomme, as they're pretty incapable by my estimations
Old 08.03.2010, 01:14 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
Am I the only one who would rather look elsewhere than Carr & Delhomme, as they're pretty incapable by my estimations
Now Pennington is off the table, none are too thrilling.
If we knew they were just going to back up, and maybe play garbage time, all would be OK for that. The problem is, should Matt get hurt, they will be the starter. All leave me more than a little worried should that happen.
Old 08.03.2010, 01:41 PM
Pro Bowler

actually I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaun Hill become available now the 9ers have Carr....I could see him coming to the Cards
Old 08.03.2010, 07:47 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
Not at all.
Carr is off the table anyway, and Delhomme...well look what the Cards secondary did to him in the playoffs...if we can do that...well...

I think we may have to draft a mid round QB if someone doesnt pop up.

Am still heavily on the Kirk Morrison bandwagon. He could be had for a third which is what Buster Davis was.

Good to see the Front Office is active and springing the odd surprise on us.
i think they knew Rolle and Dansby would walk so had a contingency in place.
Old 08.03.2010, 09:12 PM
Pro Bowler

For those that don't read the National Football post...you should they cover football in all its aspects ...anyway found this little article by Mat Bowen (my favorite writer there)
thought you might find it interesting (nothing earth shattering but at least its about the Cards)

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...Cardinals.html