European League discussion (La Liga, Ligue 1 etc) - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 08.07.2010, 09:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
I think Macca can do a good job Olig but i think he may buckle under the expectations. i certainly think he can make Champions league but he is going to find Bayern a lot harder to overhaul than Ajax.

It would be good to see Khedira staying but im afraid money may talk. Tasci is someone im looking to see more of and if they do lose Kehdira then they should be able to keep him
With Khedira out of contract in 12 months time, I expect Wolfsburg to cash in now on the back of his excellent WC. I read Arsenal are interested
Old 08.07.2010, 09:57 PM
Hall of Fame

I thought Khedira played for Stuttgart?

Speaking of Wolfsberg, Kjaer is signed and sealed, bargain ,IMO
Old 09.07.2010, 06:50 AM
Hall of Fame

He does Vann, i think Ramsio was responding to my earlier post and suggesting that Wolfsburgh may try and buy him due to his contract running out, hence the confusion
Old 09.07.2010, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

It's going to be an interesting season in Germany. I still think Bayern will win the league, they just have a bit too much with Ribery, Robben and Schweinsteiger in particular. Also, with the way Muller has developed they may have another bona fide World Class player before long. They could use some more quality at the back perhaps but imo they are still the best team.

I think Wolfsburg and Leverkusen will be there or thereabouts fighting for the other two Champions League spots with Werder. I think Schalke may slip a little with Kuranyi going and they don't imo have as much quality.

I really like the look of Leverkusen's mid-field. Barnetta, Ballack and Rolfes are all excellent players. With Kiessling and Derdiyok up front they have some talent there.
Old 09.07.2010, 08:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post
It's going to be an interesting season in Germany. I still think Bayern will win the league, they just have a bit too much with Ribery, Robben and Schweinsteiger in particular. Also, with the way Muller has developed they may have another bona fide World Class player before long. They could use some more quality at the back perhaps but imo they are still the best team.

I think Wolfsburg and Leverkusen will be there or thereabouts fighting for the other two Champions League spots with Werder. I think Schalke may slip a little with Kuranyi going and they don't imo have as much quality.

I really like the look of Leverkusen's mid-field. Barnetta, Ballack and Rolfes are all excellent players. With Kiessling and Derdiyok up front they have some talent there.
Not forgetting the rock that is Sami Hypia at the back
Old 09.07.2010, 09:25 PM
All Pro

Anyone know if Arminia Bielefeld managed to avoid the winding up order against them?

I'm assuming they have as they have appointed Christian Ziege as the new manager but i can't find any confirmation anywhere.

I'd also like to see CD Tenerife bounce back up to the Primera Division.

Last edited by Raiders80; 09.07.2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10.07.2010, 08:23 AM
GOAT

Send a message via MSN to Razors Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post

No mention of Dortmund?

Unlucky not to make the Champions League last season, and although they don't have as much quality as some of those above them, are still a very effective outfit. They'll not win the league, but in the likes of Subotic, Hummels, Kehl, Sahin etc they have a solid (and mostly young) spine, and with Barrios up top feeding off the likes of Zidan and Blaszczykowski, they're going to score goals. Hopefully Lewandowski can have an impact in his first year too.
Old 10.07.2010, 08:59 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschi 54 View Post
No mention of Dortmund?

Unlucky not to make the Champions League last season, and although they don't have as much quality as some of those above them, are still a very effective outfit. They'll not win the league, but in the likes of Subotic, Hummels, Kehl, Sahin etc they have a solid (and mostly young) spine, and with Barrios up top feeding off the likes of Zidan and Blaszczykowski, they're going to score goals. Hopefully Lewandowski can have an impact in his first year too.

I was thinking the same, they will push for a top 3 place, I think Schalke are on the slide, Bayern still take top spot, and Werder and Wolfsberg will be there abouts.
Old 10.07.2010, 05:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Im not sold on Dortmund, no reason or logic behind as such as on paper they look good but i expect more of a Europa league challenge from them.

I do expect a Champions league challenge in spain from my team Bilbao, they have a very good youth system which is bearing fruit now and have a strong spine to the team with San Jose and Ocio at the back, Suisaeta and Martinez in midfield with Llorente and the new wonder kid Munian up front. Obviously the basque only policy does restrict them but hopefully they can challenge for 4th this year
Old 12.07.2010, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschi 54 View Post
No mention of Dortmund?

I did compare Dortmund and Everton somewhere (I think maybe the World Cup thread) so I had sort of mentioned them already. My feeling with them is that they probably lack proven quality. Subotic, Sahin, Blaszcyzkowski, Barrios and Valdes gives them some proven quality but I am not sure they compare favourably to Bayern, Wolfsburg(with Dzeko staying) and Leverkusen. I like the Lewandowski signing he has been on the up and up for a few seasons now.

They will need Hummels and Grosskreutz to show progress to move up and probably a few more, which is where I think they might fall short. It's all good unless some key players get injured or lose form. I think Kehl and Zidan are quite over-rated personally and they have a few holes in the lineup generally. They are side who imo slightly over-achieved last year because most players stayed injury free. That won't happen every season and I feel they are one or two players shy of being a contender for an entire season. I think they'll score goals but if a few injuries set in in mid-field or defence they might fade away. I see them finishing in the top 5 or 6 but not in contention for the title.