ESPN Rumours - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 01.09.2010, 07:09 AM
All Pro

Eurgh, what a mess this has all been.

None of this makes much sense to me. I cant believe Matt has sat there for years, then been made "the guy" this off-season, and now after 23 preseason passes (19 of them completed), thats it, he is out. Really? It just does not add up.

All that time, years, surely they must have known what they were going to get from Matt and were not expecting anything drastically different to what they have got in preseason. Alot of short passes, and a high completion rate. Thats what I expected.

I am baffled, concerned at a pretty messed up off-season, and very worried about the likely scenario of Anderson starting, giving up numerous interceptions, and being axed for Hall. It is the only way I can see it going now.

I still have a weird feeling, a very slight weird feeling that this could all be some ploy, to either motivate Matt, or something like that. If so, it has all gone horribly wrong.

Whiz has been a great coach, however if we fall flat on our faces, the mess of this last few weeks is going to come back to haunt him.

I think the O-line deserve an honourable mention in contributing to this situation we are now in too. A pityful effort in the first 2 games whilst Matt was in. Throw it long? If only he had had the time for a receiver to actually get deep.

I just want pre-season over, the season to start, the decision to be made, then we can move on.
Old 01.09.2010, 07:51 AM
Pro Bowler

..........In Whiz we trust...............
Old 01.09.2010, 08:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
..........In Whiz we trust...............
I guess, but I trust my mum, and she isnt always right. Well, she's rarely right, but you catch my drift.

Regardless of how it turns out, it has still been poorly handled.
Old 01.09.2010, 08:31 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
I guess, but I trust my mum, and she isnt always right. Well, she's rarely right, but you catch my drift.

Regardless of how it turns out, it has still been poorly handled.
1000% agreement here (well not about you mum I don't know her )

anyway this is being reported now..

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...ox-sports.html
Old 01.09.2010, 09:04 AM
All Pro

Leinart was blunt in his assessment: “I have outplayed the competition (in) training camp and preseason. I think my play speaks about that. For me I just have to move forward every day. I can’t worry about what I can’t control.”

Then Leinart added, “For me, this goes beyond the football field.”

“You always want the best 11 guys to play and I feel I have proved that with my performance in training camp and preseason. I don’t really know what else this could probably be. This probably goes beyond football, beyond the field. I’m not making excuses, I’m not going to complain, I’m just going to keep working. For me, I really want an explanation and I haven’t been given one.”

Interesting, I like this and I suspect Whiz does too, but sadly things are pointing badly. But what this speaks of is confidence and battle that some people felt was absent in previous media comments.

I agree that I also just want the pre-season to finish and get on with things now!

Full article: http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...b-c4c8fe88b190
Old 01.09.2010, 09:51 AM
Pro Bowler

nFL.COM IS NOW REPORTING THAT ml HAS LOST THE LOCKER ROOM (damn that caps lock!!) and that "no one wants Matt to be the starter on offense"
Old 01.09.2010, 10:46 AM
Starter

The situation has been created by Whiz to get Skelton in before the end of the season. One things for sure where-ever Matt does go when he gets cut I will support him as he has been unfairly treated here and I still feel like he could be a solid starter in this league. Thomas Jones all over again.
Old 01.09.2010, 11:49 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor091 View Post
The situation has been created by Whiz to get Skelton in before the end of the season. One things for sure where-ever Matt does go when he gets cut I will support him as he has been unfairly treated here and I still feel like he could be a solid starter in this league. Thomas Jones all over again.
I see it differently. I dont buy into any of the ideas about matt being set up to fail. I firmly believe if Whiz didnt expect him to be good enough in March, he would have been out then. But Matt was given the team all preseason, and once again has played himself out of the starting position.

I also still want to wait and see if he isnt the starter on Sunday week. But thats just me not ever believing what journalists say. I'd rather the whole story just pan out.
Old 01.09.2010, 12:20 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
I see it differently. I dont buy into any of the ideas about matt being set up to fail. I firmly believe if Whiz didnt expect him to be good enough in March, he would have been out then. But Matt was given the team all preseason, and once again has played himself out of the starting position.

I also still want to wait and see if he isnt the starter on Sunday week. But thats just me not ever believing what journalists say. I'd rather the whole story just pan out.
I am with you in that he has not been set up to fail on purpose. I believe that whiz believed. What I dont understand is how on earth that opinion can have changed?

No way have his performances in 2 preseason games been enough to lose the job you have just been given, no way. Not to someone who aint done any better thats for sure.

His performances were average, he didnt blow. He was working with an O-line that was clearly not giving there all and were woeful, what is to be expected?

I just dont believe that what we have seen form Matt is anywhere near enough to all of a sudden lose the job, before a real game has been played. It is a rash decision, based on a couple of preseason games, where Matt was not given a fair chance, how can that be any basis for a change in the opinion of whiz or anyone? I dont get it.
Old 01.09.2010, 12:21 PM
All Pro

Hey, Whiz has never been very predictable in QB situations, it was not long ago he was swapping shifts in game between Matt and Kurt, and then Patrick Ramsey!

It's the biggest positional controversy in the league and Matt will always attract attention with the Heissman, we wait and we see