ESPN Rumours - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 01.09.2010, 05:38 PM
Pro Bowler

Even Darren Urban is saying Matt will be traded or cut this week....
Old 01.09.2010, 08:09 PM
Pro Bowler

Its now being reported that Reggie Wells and leinart are on the trading block
Old 01.09.2010, 08:28 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
Even Darren Urban is saying Matt will be traded or cut this week....
That's when you start to take things seriously

Who do we look to then though?! As said, I like DA as back-up, but I don't really want him running the offense
Old 01.09.2010, 09:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
That's when you start to take things seriously

Who do we look to then though?! As said, I like DA as back-up, but I don't really want him running the offense
I think we better start getting used to the idea of Da as our starter
Old 01.09.2010, 09:24 PM
All Pro

Yep, Leinart is gone, its just a matter of time. There is no way this can be repaired now.

It will be Anderson starting, I hope it is as opposed to one of the rookies. Surely we have to go and get a vet to backup Anderson though.

I cant believe it has come to this when there were options, very viable, good options in the offseason in McNabb and Pennington.
Old 01.09.2010, 09:53 PM
All Pro

I don't see much interest coming for Leinart, so here's my new scenario.

Leinart is benched, not happy about it. DA throws 6 INT's in the first 2 weeks and Matty comes in to start in the nest week 3................................................. ............

Nope, guess I'll keep dreaming that this actually sorts itself out
Old 01.09.2010, 09:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
I don't see much interest coming for Leinart, so here's my new scenario.

Leinart is benched, not happy about it. DA throws 6 INT's in the first 2 weeks and Matty comes in to start in the nest week 3................................................. ............

Nope, guess I'll keep dreaming that this actually sorts itself out
ha, yeh I think we would have to be dreaming to see that happen. I cant see any way that Anderson can start week 1 and then for Whiz to turn back to Leinart. That aint going to happen.

There is no way Leinart starts week 1 now, the decision for the 3rd preseason game said it all. The only way forward now is that Leinart will be cut by friday. He holds no trade value, its too late, teams will know we want to keep the rookies, that leaves 1 option, ditch leinart. Someone can and will then come and pick him up then.
Old 02.09.2010, 01:41 PM
Pro

Send a message via MSN to tomdonlan

Put it this way, I'd rather have Anderson as a back-up as a starter but I would rather have Skelton/Hall being back-up as opposed to someone who noone in the organisation trusts, Leinart.

Missed a trick with getting Pennington in as back-up -would much rather have him as a starter (even with his injury record) than Anderson or Leinart. He's actually achieved on the field...neither of those two have.

Sometime this week I'm going to have a go at predicting who our final 53 is going to be...I don't see Leinart being part of it either way.
Old 03.09.2010, 07:30 AM
All Pro

I'm not sure the interest for Leinart will realistically be there. I also don't believe that Whiz would believe that he really is a lost cause. Hall looked very good from the highlights last night, as he has in majority of the pre-season.
Old 03.09.2010, 07:33 AM
All Pro

Well, last night didnt add much too the debate on what will happen to Matt, however I do think it spoke volumes about who the team are supporting.

I actually feel for Leinart though. He came in and immediatley the O-lines game dropped. Sendelein, just stood there, blocking nobody on his 2nd play and watched somebody stroll by him to Matt. The guy who has been dropping nothing, Williams, dropped what would have been an 8 or 9 yard pass on his first throw. Now I am not saying that the receivers are deliberatley dropping catches by any means, however I am really not sure with the O-line, I honestly think they are stepping it up when Anderson is in.

Having said that, when matt dropped one off to Beanie out of the backfield and was immediatley tackled for no gain, Breaston was wide open, on the same side of the field as Beanie at the first down marker and didnt even look for him. You could see Breaston have a moan to himself, clearly not happy.

Anderson did look decent enough though. id say his only incomplete pass was on spach, he didnt seem ready for it, and would likely have been in for a touchdown.

The running game went nowhere again, Beanie picked up a knock, didnt look serious, but might not be good for the first week or two.

Washington was once again superb, his speed sideline to sideline speed is brilliant, tackling and decision making excellent. I have been so impressed with him, we could have one heck of a player on our hands there.

I think the starting D-line were solid, got a good sack that was overtunred by Campbell stepping offisde, but overall good. Im pretty happy with our D, so long as everyone stays fit.