It's kind of soppy - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 08.09.2010, 11:02 AM
Pro Bowler

For 20 plus years I followed Coventry City and the Cardinals....finally one of the two turned out to be good!!!

god though those were misrable years
Old 08.09.2010, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
AZ is beautiful
Made me laugh that.

Having been over there quite a few times now i can only agree. great place, great people and great i dont have burn my backside sitting in SDS anymore.....

(got to sort out that double chin)
Old 08.09.2010, 12:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
Made me laugh that.

Having been over there quite a few times now i can only agree. great place, great people and great i dont have burn my backside sitting in SDS anymore.....

(got to sort out that double chin)
haha you are beautiful, someone had to pluck up the courage to tell you. I obviously never got to visit SDS, though I do intend on getting there for an Arizona State game at some point.
Old 08.09.2010, 12:27 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
For 20 plus years I followed Coventry City and the Cardinals....finally one of the two turned out to be good!!!

god though those were misrable years
Coventry did have a good run in the top division, plus a cup final in the 80's :P

Im generally pretty lucky with the teams I folloow. My first Bolton game, old 4th division, since then, its only really been good times, lots of promotions, brilliant cup run, a couple of league cup finals, european trips. With the Cards, its ben only good times, hopefully that can long continue
Old 08.09.2010, 03:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Coventry did have a good run in the top division, plus a cup final in the 80's :P

Im generally pretty lucky with the teams I folloow. My first Bolton game, old 4th division, since then, its only really been good times, lots of promotions, brilliant cup run, a couple of league cup finals, european trips. With the Cards, its ben only good times, hopefully that can long continue
Keep following the Cards for our sake then! and if you could get down to Charlton once in a while I'd be grateful!
Old 08.09.2010, 07:51 PM
MVP

One of my fave night following Bristol City was at Cov. I was still at school, but bunked off to see the game we drew, and both stayed up. Relegating Sunderland. Must have been 77?? Not the score, the year

It would be great ti have a meet. But being an old fart, those tailgate's, with their awful music, scare the wotsit out of me.

I'd suggest the Worlds End at Baker Street?
Old 08.09.2010, 08:18 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
One of my fave night following Bristol City was at Cov. I was still at school, but bunked off to see the game we drew, and both stayed up. Relegating Sunderland. Must have been 77?? Not the score, the year

It would be great ti have a meet. But being an old fart, those tailgate's, with their awful music, scare the wotsit out of me.

I'd suggest the Worlds End at Baker Street?
was that the infamous game where they kicked off late and the result was announced in the second half and the two teams just passed the ball round the centre circle because they only needed the draw
Old 08.09.2010, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
was that the infamous game where they kicked off late and the result was announced in the second half and the two teams just passed the ball round the centre circle because they only needed the draw
as a Sunderland supporter i can confirm that it was that game that you cheated in.

you two have just gone right down in my opinion
Old 09.09.2010, 07:41 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
as a Sunderland supporter i can confirm that it was that game that you cheated in.

you two have just gone right down in my opinion
ROFLMAO they were shaking hands 5 mins before the end.....but obviously i'm sorry for your loss
Old 09.09.2010, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
ROFLMAO they were shaking hands 5 mins before the end.....but obviously i'm sorry for your loss

I was at this game away to Fulham when old Jimmy popped up. We still have a lot of time for the man!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-Football.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvbXRyH4hek