Can Sean Smith stop the yappin?? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 08.09.2010, 07:23 PM
Pro

Default Can Sean Smith stop the yappin??

I liked the smith pick all along but since game 5 or 6 this kid thinks he is a pro-bowler...every time he makes a play he acts like he where revis or some **** making all kinds of signals and stuff. I hope the Allen moves makes him grow up a little and stop acting like a veteran CB!!
Old 08.09.2010, 09:49 PM
All Pro

Yeah i dont like the showboating stuff. I find it difficult to understand when a guy makes a simple tackle and celebrates. Smith has more problems than that anyway right now. Hes 3rd on the depth chart right now and has been supplanted by Jason Allen. EEK! He been practicing at the slot position which right now is Benny Sapps position. If Smith doesnt wise up quick he wont be starting again anytime soon.
Old 09.09.2010, 10:02 AM
Pro

I tend to think this guy has great potencial but since he played all season last year he thinks he has heaven won...which is completely wrong. Its incredible how different Vontae and him are, one is shy and tries hard every play and the other as you said makes a tackle(which btw he is not very good at) and thinks he is the boss...

Hes got the skills(just lke allen does xD) and can be a true CB if he grows up
Old 15.09.2010, 02:03 AM
Starter

I agree with those points but at the same time i still think he should be playing right now, he's got far too much talent to be sitting as a 3rd string CB, i couldnt help but think during the game that if smith had've been in instead of allen or sapp on those two dropped interceptions, we'd have been looking at an extra 6 if not 12 points on the board which when playing a decent opposition will be vital to avoid a loss
Old 15.09.2010, 08:58 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mring14 View Post
I agree with those points but at the same time i still think he should be playing right now, he's got far too much talent to be sitting as a 3rd string CB, i couldnt help but think during the game that if smith had've been in instead of allen or sapp on those two dropped interceptions, we'd have been looking at an extra 6 if not 12 points on the board which when playing a decent opposition will be vital to avoid a loss
Well I thought Jason Allen played well, that long bomb that went over the top that Allen sneakily arm barred the guy, I'm saying that might have been a TD with Smith in there.

I'm quite happy and agree with the above posts, the guy needs bringing back down to earth, humbling and needs to refocus back on just playing the game tough.
Old 17.09.2010, 01:05 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Duper View Post
Well I thought Jason Allen played well, that long bomb that went over the top that Allen sneakily arm barred the guy, I'm saying that might have been a TD with Smith in there.
In fairness to him, he did have a good game but that doesn't offset the disappointment that he's been for the past few years. Of course if he continues the season like this it'll be great but i still can't help but get a bit nervous whenever the ball is heading in his direction.
Old 22.09.2010, 05:45 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mring14 View Post
In fairness to him, he did have a good game but that doesn't offset the disappointment that he's been for the past few years. Of course if he continues the season like this it'll be great but i still can't help but get a bit nervous whenever the ball is heading in his direction.
I think he may finally be turning into that 1st Round player we drafted after all.
Old 23.09.2010, 05:38 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Duper View Post
I think he may finally be turning into that 1st Round player we drafted after all.
With a complete performance and three picks (even if one didn't count) he certainly put me in my place. I believe I am jumping on the Allen bandwagon.
Old 23.09.2010, 11:45 PM
Pro

Me too, he is big an athletic...thats why we drafted him!
Old 28.09.2010, 03:45 PM
MVP

A lot more work is needed, he was pretty rubbish on the SNF game, he needs to step it up.