Week 1 phew! Week 2 BOOOOO! - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 20.09.2010, 07:08 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
our defense is soft, no pressure on the front end poor coverage on the back end.
No idea why either. Minus Hayes we have a full compliment of starters on Defense, which I feel is at least on par with the talent of last year if not slightly improved. You would have to be asking question of Bill Davis really. Got the players and got his system, opposition got the points
Old 20.09.2010, 07:42 AM
Pro Bowler

our tackling was terrible it was back to the 09 level of terrible....we just did not perform on any level

We were not ready to play. I just like to see Whiz show some emotion, its as if he had already penciled in a loss on this one so its no biggie.

Atlanta was worthy winners and I don't want to take anything away from them. but we did not perform on any level

and i'm going to say it and I know it will be scoffed at.....DRC is not a shut down corner and is pretty over rated IMO. if we are basing our defensive stratergy on him shutting down there #1 WR we are in a real mess
Old 20.09.2010, 09:28 AM
All Pro

Well, what can be said, appauling all over the field really. Defensively, we were a shambles, we couldnt cover, tackle, get pressure on the QB, fill the gaps to stop the run, nothing. At ILB we were poor, where were they tackling the runner? or dropping back in pass coverage on the relatively short 3rd downs over the middle they seemed to complete time and time again? OLB pass rush? yes please, I would like some of that. Dockett was banging on about going home and putting on a show, maybe I misunderstood and he is actually putting on some kind of show in Atlanta, because that certainly was not it. The intensity was the most dissapointing thing of all, theres not 1 player on the D that I felt was giving it everything, very very dissapointing.

On offense, again DA will likely get slated, but what could he really do, no time, catches being dropped. The only thing I can say of him is that if he is being hit, go down, or throw it away, dont just throw it anywhere. I dont think the line did much in opening up running lanes, most of it was simply THT getting to the outside and beating them for pace, cant remember anything worthy of note up the gut. Having said that, thats partly down to THT dancing around, not making a decision, then dropping to the ground as soon as he is touched, if not before.

Penalties, pentalites, penalites, ridiculous, shocking. Still, there were some calls that went against us again. I think there was a 3rd and 12 when it was 10-7, pass inteference called, awful call, awful.

That said, congrats to Atlanta, though I believe it says more about what we can expect than they can expect.

On the plus side, defeats for the Seahawks and Rams, hopefully the Niners will lose tonight. We can still win the division, have a good chance of it, quite embarassing really.

Theres no way we will draft a QB next year, I think its safe to say we will be grooming either Hall or Skelton for that in the future.
Old 20.09.2010, 10:10 AM
Pro Bowler

I think a lot of THT dancing came from not having anywhere to go, just no hole to run through, the one hole we actually made for him he took it to the house, and as for him going down easier than usual thats the fumbles speaking, he tends to lose the ball trying for that extra yard I think this is whats playing on his mind, he said as much during the week.

I wonder what percentage of Cards fans are alcholics?
Old 20.09.2010, 10:26 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
I think a lot of THT dancing came from not having anywhere to go, just no hole to run through, the one hole we actually made for him he took it to the house, and as for him going down easier than usual thats the fumbles speaking, he tends to lose the ball trying for that extra yard I think this is whats playing on his mind, he said as much during the week.

I wonder what percentage of Cards fans are alcholics?
Im not so sure really. clearly he didnt really get much help yesterday, but its not just yesterday, its every game, he can't run it up the middle. Thats fine, he is a good mix up so long as we have Beanie playing, who can run it up the gut. But if we dont, it is very 1 dimensional, and to me is very obvious that he is always gong to try to get to the outside. I like him, and I think he adds alot to our game, so long as he and Beanie are both playing, as they compliment each other well.

Haha well thankfully I was a bit tipsy yesterday, which whilst it helped take the edge of yesterday, today it has compounded the misery.

Last edited by b182dammit; 20.09.2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 20.09.2010, 10:51 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Im not so sure really. clearly he didnt really get much help yesterday, but its not just yesterday, its every game, he can't run it up the middle. Thats fine, he is a good mix up so long as we have Beanie playing, who can run it up the gut. But if we dont, it is very 1 dimensional, and to me is very obvious that he is always gong to try to get to the outside. I like him, and I think he adds alot to our game, so long as him and he and Beanie are both playing, as they compliment each other well.

Haha well thankfully I was a bit tipsy yesterday, which whilst it helped take the edge of yesterday, today it has compounded the misery.
i'll concede that THT has suffered from that since we got him but he did improve last year. still think some is down to the O-line but we wont be able to judge for sure until Beanie gets back and see how he does
Old 20.09.2010, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

stupid football.
Old 20.09.2010, 11:31 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
stupid football.
LOL that sums it up nicely
Old 20.09.2010, 03:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
stupid football.
Gotta love it though
Old 20.09.2010, 09:41 PM
Starter

24 hours on and still I cant believe.

Terrible terrible stuff.

We just got beat up bad in the trenches and it all went downhill from there.
The O line I think is worse than when we had Big Davies, Stepanovich ,Shelton etc.
They have spent 3 years coaching Keith up. Faneca is past it. I've been questioning Grimm for a good couple of years now.

And for the D, I dont know why Robinson is playing instead of Gabe.
And why not go 4- 3. Get all our best lineman in there, CC , DD Watson and Branch, then get Porter out and out pass -rushing.
No pressure and the secondary is getting burned.

They have to change something out there.