Rookie

Them it is then!
Old 04.09.2011, 08:36 AM
Rookie

New team wins whilst scoring a superb 56 points. Looking good
Old 05.09.2011, 11:39 PM
Starter

Hey Guys,

I finally gave College Football my full attention this week and watched Boise St @ Georgia. I loved the atmosphere in Sanford Stadium. Georgia lost but they're now my team.

I decided to check the Dawgs blogs and I was like woah. Everyone was so downbeat, so disappointed with the team. Acting like the season is over. Many hoping the season ends quickly so we can get a new coach.

So, the seasons not over after one game right? I mean, we could still challenge for the SEC Eastern Division champs, then we'll go to the SEC Championship game if we win?

Then if we win, what happens after that do we get invited to a bowl game or is that determined a whole different way?

I hope I'm right and not just blindly optimistic and our season isn't over.

Thanks for any help explaining the Dawgs chances and ways to win something this year.
Old 06.09.2011, 08:42 AM
Rookie

My new team plays yours next week Said on ESPN that if you lose your coach should leave so it should be a fantastic game. Good luck though! :P
Old 06.09.2011, 09:25 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantamfan View Post
My new team plays yours next week Said on ESPN that if you lose your coach should leave so it should be a fantastic game. Good luck though! :P
Ha. Everyone seems to be piling the pressure on the coach (Richt) and on Georgia. Going to be a good game, best of look too!
Old 10.09.2011, 02:38 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateshead-Giants View Post

So, the seasons not over after one game right? I mean, we could still challenge for the SEC Eastern Division champs, then we'll go to the SEC Championship game if we win?

Then if we win, what happens after that do we get invited to a bowl game or is that determined a whole different way?

I hope I'm right and not just blindly optimistic and our season isn't over.

Thanks for any help explaining the Dawgs chances and ways to win something this year.
Yeh pretty much, you still 0-0 in SEC play, the out of conference games do not matter in that, just the overall standing. So yes, winning the SEC (East) is still always possible. As long as you get to 6-6 you are eligible for a bowl game, but obv need to be winning more than that to get to the better bowls and bigger games!

Season's are not over by a long shot after 1 loss, esp out of conference and at the start of season! People forget that quickly. Last year Virginia Tech lost to Boise week 1, got embarrased by James Madison in week2 but then won out, won the ACC over Florida State and went to the Orange Bowl!!
Old 11.09.2011, 04:34 AM
All Pro

Feel sorry for Georgia Murrary really missing his boy A.J. Green
Old 12.09.2011, 05:28 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Red View Post
Yeh pretty much, you still 0-0 in SEC play, the out of conference games do not matter in that, just the overall standing. So yes, winning the SEC (East) is still always possible. As long as you get to 6-6 you are eligible for a bowl game, but obv need to be winning more than that to get to the better bowls and bigger games!

Season's are not over by a long shot after 1 loss, esp out of conference and at the start of season! People forget that quickly. Last year Virginia Tech lost to Boise week 1, got embarrased by James Madison in week2 but then won out, won the ACC over Florida State and went to the Orange Bowl!!
Just noticed this. Thanks for the reply. We lost again on Saturday and this time it was a conference game. Great spirit however!
Old 15.10.2011, 09:30 AM
GOAT

San Jose v Hawaii - San Jose block a PAT and return it all the way to the Hawaii EZ and only score 2 points??

Can you tell me why this rule exsists .. im sure in the NFL this would be a TD?

Thanks. .
Old 15.10.2011, 04:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
San Jose v Hawaii - San Jose block a PAT and return it all the way to the Hawaii EZ and only score 2 points??

Can you tell me why this rule exsists .. im sure in the NFL this would be a TD?

Thanks. .
It's a Point After Touchdown attempt which is an Untimed down and different to a regular scrimmage play. If a PAT is blocked or an interception/fumble return is returned on a 2 point attempt the defensive team gains 2 points.

A referee at a conference explained it once as "the maximum points an offensive team can score on a PAT attempt is 2 poins therefore the maximum the defensive team can score off it is 2 points. On a scrimmage play the maximum points the offense can score is 6 points so the maximum amount of points a defensive team can score on a scrimmage play is also 6 points."

I'm off to check but I am pretty sure in the NFL you can't return PAT/2 point conversion attempts and they are blown dead.