Skelton starts - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 11.12.2010, 11:40 AM
All Pro

Default Skelton starts

So bartel signed and skelton to start with Anderson 3rd string. I understand it, but was sort of hoping we weren't going to throw him to the wolves. I'm praying that whiz will take this move as a chance to committ to the run and see if it really can sustain some drives and tough yards as many of us certainly believe it can compared to duff throwing downs. Good luck to him, he looked composed on Sunday if you can go by any of those late downs
Old 11.12.2010, 01:14 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm praying that whiz will take this move as a chance to committ to the run and see if it really can sustain some drives
Same here I've put THT in my fantasy team based on this assumstion

one thing about the QB merry go round it keeps you interested enough to watch the games with a bit of enthusiasum and hopeful anticipation.

I dont think Whiz had a real choice in this anyway, he would have been ripped apart by the faithful for putting in a journeyman 3rd string QB who had had 3 days practice over the guy that has been in our system since the draft.
and personally I think it wouldn't speak very highly of what you think of Skelton to do it either.
So as long as DA was still out I think it was always going to be Skelton and quite rightly so thats why we kept the guy on th roster for exactly this situation.
I would rather we didn't have to play him but its a case of next man up now.
Old 11.12.2010, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
Same here I've put THT in my fantasy team based on this assumstion

one thing about the QB merry go round it keeps you interested enough to watch the games with a bit of enthusiasum and hopeful anticipation.

I dont think Whiz had a real choice in this anyway, he would have been ripped apart by the faithful for putting in a journeyman 3rd string QB who had had 3 days practice over the guy that has been in our system since the draft.
and personally I think it wouldn't speak very highly of what you think of Skelton to do it either.
So as long as DA was still out I think it was always going to be Skelton and quite rightly so thats why we kept the guy on th roster for exactly this situation.
So knowing Whiz this season...Beanie get 25 carries
Old 11.12.2010, 02:24 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
So knowing Whiz this season...Beanie get 25 carries
Whiz wouldn't do that to me ....would he?
Old 11.12.2010, 02:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
that's the key.

Why no carries for wright?
Old 11.12.2010, 03:26 PM
Starter

I wish him all the best, I really do. I know we're thin on the ground but I would have been happier if we could have saved him until next season as this will be a big ask, but you're all dead right that with no DA or MH he simply can't give the start to Bartel after a couple of practice sessions.

However, I don't think we'll ever see a season like this again so I'm just going along with it.

Lets run the ball and try and get some forward movement from it to give the kid half a chance with the passing game.

The vets seemed to really pull together for MH in the Saints game, lets hope they do the same for Skelton.

Last edited by roser; 11.12.2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11.12.2010, 03:46 PM
All Pro

Im looking forward to seeing him start. Whiz didnt have any choice this week really, starting Bartel would have been daft, Skelton will be much more familiar with the system and players.

You would think we would be more commited to the run, but we have had horrible QB play all season, and have yet to commit to it. I dont see that changing. Infact our best shot of getting something out of Anderson would have been running the ball lots and getting him in good PA situations to throw it deep, we have not seen that. The play-calling wont change, there wont be any pattern to it, noreal sign of a gameplan, I expect 15-20 carries between THT and Beanie, and 35+ pass attempts for Skelton.
Old 11.12.2010, 03:52 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Im looking forward to seeing him start. Whiz didnt have any choice this week really, starting Bartel would have been daft, Skelton will be much more familiar with the system and players.

You would think we would be more commited to the run, but we have had horrible QB play all season, and have yet to commit to it. I dont see that changing. Infact our best shot of getting something out of Anderson would have been running the ball lots and getting him in good PA situations to throw it deep, we have not seen that. The play-calling wont change, there wont be any pattern to it, noreal sign of a gameplan, I expect 15-20 carries between THT and Beanie, and 35+ pass attempts for Skelton.
you speak my honest fears
Old 11.12.2010, 04:04 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I expect 15-20 carries between THT and Beanie, and 35+ pass attempts for Skelton
oh for .......so am I playing THT in my fantasy team or not?
Old 11.12.2010, 04:23 PM
All Pro

Quote:
oh for .......so am I playing THT in my fantasy team or not?
I certainly wouldnt, there is no reliable fantasy option for us. We dont know how often we will run it, we dont know who will run it. The only positive with THT is he could break a big one off for a TD, but they have been few and far between this season. If you are talking the NFLUK fantasy, there are much better options for 1m or 2m, I assume he is 2m.