2011 Draft is finally here - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 29.04.2011, 10:46 PM
All Pro

The only thing I can think is we are looking at trading him or one of the other backs away for a QB. Maybe that is the plan, I hope it is.
Old 29.04.2011, 10:52 PM
All Pro

Or considering lack of qb we won't play with one, line up a rb under centre with 2 backs lined up behind him. Whiz loves the trick play, just make it a constant state of trickery
Old 29.04.2011, 11:03 PM
All Pro

Going to sleep, but wanted to do this tonight. Nice to see so many cards again after post sb silence as normal. This is apparently my 2000th post. So, goodnight, hope I see a qb on our draft card in the morning(one that's getting positive reports......stanzi)

Max Hall to start 2011/12
Old 30.04.2011, 09:22 AM
Team Captain

Max Hall has done nothing much to prove he should start in 2011/2012.
Also, Marc Bulger is a good QB, I know it's not like we've already made deals with him but Marc should be the direction Arizona is looking at. He is a viable starter and a perfect back up. I think Coach Whiz would try and obtain him since he likes getting people who have previous Pro Bowl success.
I think John Skelton will play this year, he came in as the third back up and played well but had some inconsistencies. But he has experience now and he has the things that you can't teach like poise, large frame and a massive arm.
As for the pick I guess we'll wait and see, it is quite a shock to me, I was so sure that Kyle Rudolph would be coming to Arizona. He was a very highly rated running back though and I think Arizona wants a back that once he breaks past the secondary he is pretty much gone, I think we already had 3 quality backs, I will only respect coach Whiz' decision if he starts or is productive, which I don't normally do but this seemed like a strange pick to me. He could be an epic steal though.
Old 30.04.2011, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Well i lasted until out 3rd rounder last night and went to bed confused as hell.

We must have some QB and LB talent lined up via FA.

Then i wake up to Doesnotfumblegate!!! All i can say is WOW. How on earth can we draft a lad so high that Whiz knows so little. He has been fed rubbish and used used that rubbish to justify the pick. The head of scouting and area scout need shot with Derek Anderson type cannon power!!

Also i assume Beanie or THT are gone...THT i guess but we have taken on another fumbler (unless you use ESPN for your only source of information?!?!?!)
Old 30.04.2011, 10:39 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
Max Hall has done nothing much to prove he should start in 2011/2012.
Also, Marc Bulger is a good QB, I know it's not like we've already made deals with him but Marc should be the direction Arizona is looking at. He is a viable starter and a perfect back up. I think Coach Whiz would try and obtain him since he likes getting people who have previous Pro Bowl success.
I think John Skelton will play this year, he came in as the third back up and played well but had some inconsistencies. But he has experience now and he has the things that you can't teach like poise, large frame and a massive arm.
As for the pick I guess we'll wait and see, it is quite a shock to me, I was so sure that Kyle Rudolph would be coming to Arizona. He was a very highly rated running back though and I think Arizona wants a back that once he breaks past the secondary he is pretty much gone, I think we already had 3 quality backs, I will only respect coach Whiz' decision if he starts or is productive, which I don't normally do but this seemed like a strange pick to me. He could be an epic steal though.
Don't worry, I know hall isn't starting unless he becomes something special in the preseason and workouts. The williams pick is interesting, will be one to watch how it pans out.

I would like to think graves and whiz would be more ambitious than bulger. Unless they think Skelton is the man of the future then a short term solid qb isn't going to get us the division this or next year, whilst neither the drat pick for next year to get the future in. It would be moot move for my liking. I think Skelton will start at this point, but I think we will see some movement at qb when lockout issues hopefully get resolved.

I like the move to bring in a te in the 3rd, although arguably mallett was on the table, and like I say(my college knowledge is all but little) but Kurt likes him a lot, so seems a shame.
Old 30.04.2011, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

oh and a TE that whilst look like a starter for us,he can't actually block!!!

Last edited by AZ; 30.04.2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 30.04.2011, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
Don't worry, I know hall isn't starting unless he becomes something special in the preseason and workouts. The williams pick is interesting, will be one to watch how it pans out.

I would like to think graves and whiz would be more ambitious than bulger. Unless they think Skelton is the man of the future then a short term solid qb isn't going to get us the division this or next year, whilst neither the drat pick for next year to get the future in. It would be moot move for my liking. I think Skelton will start at this point, but I think we will see some movement at qb when lockout issues hopefully get resolved.

I like the move to bring in a te in the 3rd, although arguably mallett was on the table, and like I say(my college knowledge is all but little) but Kurt likes him a lot, so seems a shame.
As i just said on another forum, the one thing i dint think i would be saying after 3 rounds is 'i hope we can get Bulger' i really dont like him but i think we are in real trouble with the 3 three amigos we have at the moment. I like all of the picks but think we should have had a LB already.
Old 30.04.2011, 11:02 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
As i just said on another forum, the one thing i dint think i would be saying after 3 rounds is 'i hope we can get Bulger' i really dont like him but i think we are in real trouble with the 3 three amigos we have at the moment. I like all of the picks but think we should have had a LB already.
Why does no one like the idea of Bulger, he is a good QB, an accurate pocket passer not like DA who has no accuracy and just a cannon arm. We know that the accurate pocket passer works well with our team, Bulger is a pro bowl veteran who went there with barely and threats at WR.
Plus Skelton had shown some promise last season and now has invaluable experience coming in to 2011. Give him a good veteran and he will improve even more to become our QB of the future.

Oh and I don't know anything about Housler but we need a TE.

Last edited by InfiniteRed; 30.04.2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 30.04.2011, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
Why does no one like the idea of Bulger, he is a good QB, an accurate pocket passer not like DA who has no accuracy and just a cannon arm. We know that the accurate pocket passer works well with our team, Bulger is a pro bowl veteran who went there with barely and threats at WR.
Plus Skelton had shown some promise last season and now has invaluable experience coming in to 2011. Give him a good veteran and he will improve even more to become our QB of the future.

Oh and I don't know anything about Housler but we need a TE.

Dont get me wrong i like him more than DA and hope you right re Skelton playing with a vet. We might have found our new Freddie Jones at TE...