Free Agent QBs - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

View Poll Results: Which QB would you like to see coming to Arizona?
Kevin Kolb 10 55.56%
Carson Palmer 3 16.67%
Donovan McNabb 2 11.11%
Marc Bulger 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03.05.2011, 05:28 PM
Team Captain

Default Free Agent QBs

As you fans know, it is incredibly characteristic for Coach Whiz to bring in a veteran to teach John Skelton and to bring a division title home.
Here are a few QBs that are likely to be in questioning in terms of coming to Arizona:
Kevin Kolb
Carson Palmer
Donovan McNabb
Marc Bulger

Of these four, who do you like best?

I think Marc Bulger would be the best fit for us, he has Pro Bowl experience without many weapons at WR, he is very well rested after being a back up to Joe Flacco, he is accurate, he doesn't have any off the field issues and he was very successful just a few years ago. He's no future Hall Of Famer like Kurt Warner, but I think he has some similar qualities and is also a very experienced player where even if he doesn't start he can still help usher Skelton into being an NFL QB.
Old 04.05.2011, 09:13 AM
All Pro

Not really straightforward. If it boils down to who I want, Id take Kolb, but value has to be factored in, and I believe Bulger offers the best value. I will vote for Kolb, as of them 4, thats who I would like to see in red, not taking into consideration value.
Old 04.05.2011, 10:06 AM
MVP

Of those. Only Bulger is a Free Agent.

Kolb - Eagles want a first AND a starter for a back up with more Ints that TDs, and 7 starts in 4 years!! (And their fans believe the Cards only drafted the best player in the draft, so they could send him to Philly )

Palmer is threatening to retire, and the owner, Brown, says he wont trade him.

D Mac only signed last year with the Skins. He may be cut, but who knows?

Bulger is a badly kept secret, and could well be in Arizona on the day FA is announced. He wont be coming to be a back up.

Of the other non Free Agents not in the list. I would love to see Kyle Orton win the Superbowl for Arizona. He is my #1 QB want, but I am only as certain as you can be with all the lies and internet chat posted as fact.

I hear Adam Rosenhaus-Schefter is tweeting Kolb to Arizona. I remember him breaking the exclusive that Philly were giving Lito Sheppard ina straight swap for Anquan Boldin. If Drew Rosenhaus isnt his leak, then its internet chatter, and the guy still has a job!!
Old 04.05.2011, 10:49 AM
Hall of Fame

Brett Favre!
Old 04.05.2011, 11:05 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman4 View Post
Brett Favre!
I cant see Larry Fitz, Adrian Wilson and Larod Stephens-Howling, going cap in hand to beg the great one.
Old 04.05.2011, 11:35 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
As you fans know, it is incredibly characteristic for Coach Whiz to bring in a veteran to teach John Skelton and to bring a division title home.
Here are a few QBs that are likely to be in questioning in terms of coming to Arizona:
Kevin Kolb
Carson Palmer
Donovan McNabb
Marc Bulger

Of these four, who do you like best?

I think Marc Bulger would be the best fit for us, he has Pro Bowl experience without many weapons at WR, he is very well rested after being a back up to Joe Flacco, he is accurate, he doesn't have any off the field issues and he was very successful just a few years ago. He's no future Hall Of Famer like Kurt Warner, but I think he has some similar qualities and is also a very experienced player where even if he doesn't start he can still help usher Skelton into being an NFL QB.
It is probably the worst kept secret in the NFL that once Free Agency begins Marc Bulfer will be in Glendale, he should slot into our offense well though and Fitz should be happy having someone throwing him the ball. The other three mentioned are no goes IMO firstly the trade value of Kolb would make it a bad deal on our part. McNabb would only be a good deal if he is released by the Skins. As for Carson Palmer the guy can retire for all I care.
Old 06.05.2011, 12:49 PM
All Pro

I would not be interested in seeing McNabb here, released or not released, I think he is very close, if not already, over the hill. I dont think it would be in the best interest of the franchise.

I think we will most likely pursue them in following order:
1) Bulger
2) Kolb
3) Orton
4) Palmer

And thats it. if we fail to get one of them, then Skelton starts.
Old 06.05.2011, 08:31 PM
All Pro

So, it looks likely to be a trade for kolb or orton. Interesting, orton is a decent qb who can be productive for sure, not outstanding, but useful. I like the idea though, more adventurous than the bulger and mcnabb stuff. Details on NFL.com
Old 06.05.2011, 08:53 PM
All Pro

Its looking that way. It depends on their opinion of Skelton. If they really see him as a potential starter, I still think they could go with Bulger. If not, its got to be one of the younger guys, Kolb or Orton. We have to have our long term starter on the roster. Id be happy with either of them.

Orton isnt really a game winner I dont think, but he wont lose you many either. With good coaching and good play calling he can certainly do his part in helping this team win alot of games.

Im excited for the lockout to end and we can see who it is, then get back to playing some football, winning games, taking the division, winning the NFC championship, then winning the Superbowl.
Old 07.05.2011, 05:57 PM
All Pro

I reckon Orton's your best bet. So clearly I'm hoping he goes anywhere else

Don't think there's a huge amount wrong with the rest of the team, halfway decent QB play will probably see you back in contention for the division.