Free Agent QBs - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

View Poll Results: Which QB would you like to see coming to Arizona?
Kevin Kolb 10 55.56%
Carson Palmer 3 16.67%
Donovan McNabb 2 11.11%
Marc Bulger 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07.05.2011, 07:04 PM
b182dammit's Avatar
b182dammit b182dammit is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 15.10.2009
Posts: 4,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabiandisco View Post
I reckon Orton's your best bet. So clearly I'm hoping he goes anywhere else

Don't think there's a huge amount wrong with the rest of the team, halfway decent QB play will probably see you back in contention for the division.
I dont know about that. Serious problems on the O-line, question marks about where the pass rush is coming from, and if Breaston does not come back, there is going to be a lack of a standout no.2 receiver. Whilst half decent QB play may somewhat mask deficiencies elsewhere, there is still plenty of help needed elsewhere.

If Bradford can continue as he has been, they will be tough to beat to the division this year. Im not really thinking about the division this year, just want to see some steps in the right direction.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08.05.2011, 11:35 AM
Arabiandisco's Avatar
Arabiandisco Arabiandisco is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.12.2008
Posts: 2,287
Default

Well Bradford's kinda the whole point - they were the worst team in the NFL before he arrived, and now they're probably the team to beat in the division. In a division like the NFC west all it'll take is halfway decent QB play to be in contention for the division (and as you showed less than 2 years ago, once you're in the playoffs anything can happen). In a couple of years it'll be a different story, because Bradford is the real thing...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09.05.2011, 04:55 PM
InfiniteRed's Avatar
InfiniteRed InfiniteRed is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 12.12.2010
Posts: 482
Default

Why do we want Kolb so badly? We'll be giving up a lot to get him, at least a 1st rounder next year, possibly a 1 and 2. I don't really like the idea of this, he is young though and I do see the upside, but I think this is risky.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09.05.2011, 07:02 PM
b182dammit's Avatar
b182dammit b182dammit is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 15.10.2009
Posts: 4,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
Why do we want Kolb so badly? We'll be giving up a lot to get him, at least a 1st rounder next year, possibly a 1 and 2. I don't really like the idea of this, he is young though and I do see the upside, but I think this is risky.
Because he is 1 of only 2 real options for a long term franchise QB's we have.

It is a risk, and is he overpriced? likely, but we are going to have a hard time finding a QB who can be a long term answer to the QB problem that isnt overpriced.

Ive not been big on him, but every day Im leaning more towards, meh give it a shot. As you say, its a risk, well lets take a risk, sometimes in life you have to. This is our time too.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11.05.2011, 06:33 PM
InfiniteRed's Avatar
InfiniteRed InfiniteRed is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 12.12.2010
Posts: 482
Default

I completely agree, we've been very tame recently in terms of obtaining players and I do think we should take risks. However here is why I think taking Bulger over Kolb would be a better idea (This is incredibly bias):
Bulger has more accuracy
Bulger has more experience
Bulger was a starter for a long time and got beaten up due to his bad o-line. Kolb has only played sporadically and didn't do that well.
Bulger is well rested, incredibly similar situation to what happened with Kurt Warner
Bulger has lots of previous success without star receivers
Bulger is used to getting the ball out quick
Kolb has shown potential but has never played a good game, any time he has done well he has also thrown some interceptions
Bulger is a two time pro bowler and is ready
Kolb would require a lot of things for us to give up to get him
Kolb throws so many picks in the red zone

To be fair, I don't know much about Kolb so you can prove me wrong since I do want to be a believer in Kolb as he could be coming to Arizona.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12.05.2011, 09:57 AM
b182dammit's Avatar
b182dammit b182dammit is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 15.10.2009
Posts: 4,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
I completely agree, we've been very tame recently in terms of obtaining players and I do think we should take risks. However here is why I think taking Bulger over Kolb would be a better idea (This is incredibly bias):
Bulger has more accuracy
Agreed, Bulger has proven to be very accurate

Bulger has more experience
Yeh, though he has only started 8 games since 2008.

Bulger was a starter for a long time and got beaten up due to his bad o-line.
Im sure he will look forward to being behind our line then :P

Kolb has only played sporadically and didn't do that well.
Sporadically yes. I dont think you can say he didnt do that well. I thought he was doing a pretty solid job. He got beat out by Vick, and with his form last year, its hardly a knock at Kolb's displays.

Bulger is well rested, incredibly similar situation to what happened with Kurt Warner
As is Kolb, and has youth on his side.

Bulger has lots of previous success without star receivers
Again he has had some success, but the important words are, "has had". Who knows now?

Bulger is used to getting the ball out quick
True, and a must behind our line as it is

Kolb has shown potential but has never played a good game, any time he has done well he has also thrown some interceptions
Thats not true, he ws superb against Atlanta last year, and played pretty well against SF the game before. I dont recall seeing him play that badly in 2009 or 2010

Bulger is a two time pro bowler and is ready
Bulger has been a pro bowler, but this a while ago now. Assuming he is ready, coming off injuries, having hardly played for 2 years, is a big assumption.

Kolb would require a lot of things for us to give up to get him
Maybe, but for a potential franchise QB, you have to give up alot

Kolb throws so many picks in the red zone
Not sure about that, last year he completed 17 of 25 for 5 TD's and 1 INT in the Red Zone.

To be fair, I don't know much about Kolb so you can prove me wrong since I do want to be a believer in Kolb as he could be coming to Arizona.
A simple choice between Bulger/Kolb, Kolb wins hands down for me. He could be the future of the franchise, which we need to find, Bulger wont be. He will cost more, but thats because he is worth more. Because Bulger costs less the assumption is there is no risk. Of course there is, massive risk, who knows how he will perform, nobody has seen him since coming back from injuries. If he performs poorly, it is bye bye fitz.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12.05.2011, 10:26 AM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Default

go for McNabb because when he stinks you can draft Andrew Luck and win the NFC West in 2012!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12.05.2011, 12:46 PM
b182dammit's Avatar
b182dammit b182dammit is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 15.10.2009
Posts: 4,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman4 View Post
go for McNabb because when he stinks you can draft Andrew Luck and win the NFC West in 2012!
Haha I bet there are some who would want that. Id rather we do what we can now to win as many games as possible.

Im pretty sure people were dreaming about getting the first pick this year and being able to get Locker. look how that turned out. You cant assume Luck's game will not start showing flaws this year.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12.05.2011, 03:05 PM
InfiniteRed's Avatar
InfiniteRed InfiniteRed is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 12.12.2010
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman4 View Post
go for McNabb because when he stinks you can draft Andrew Luck and win the NFC West in 2012!
Lol!

@b182
I guess so, and it definitely would be awesome if we could find our QB of the future but I think Bulger has 3-4 good years left in him. Also coming off of a two year rest could be negative but it could have also revived him completely. And hey, even Skelton can be our guy after backing up Bulger for a few years. It's really not a simple decision for me.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12.05.2011, 07:01 PM
b182dammit's Avatar
b182dammit b182dammit is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 15.10.2009
Posts: 4,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
Lol!

@b182
I guess so, and it definitely would be awesome if we could find our QB of the future but I think Bulger has 3-4 good years left in him. Also coming off of a two year rest could be negative but it could have also revived him completely. And hey, even Skelton can be our guy after backing up Bulger for a few years. It's really not a simple decision for me.
I just dont know, I certainly dont think he has 3-4 "good" years left in him, he is 34. I know others carry on late, but he is injury prone, and even in his last 3 years playing in St.Louis, his stats declined alot. I know you will put it down to the poor O-line, but did you see what Kolb and Vick had to put up with last year? The Eagles O-line was terrible, gave up 49 sacks, and would have likely been many more if not for Vicks legs.

I think Bulger could come in and be an improvement (not hard), but he is not another Warner, I dont buy it. We need to move away from aging stop-gaps and look too QB's under 30 if we are every to be competative consistently.



Literally every day im more and more wanting Kolb
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 12:31 AM.