Free Agency desires? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 26.07.2011, 10:14 PM
All Pro

Good news with TJax going to Seattle, Hassleback looks like he is headed to the Titans, and McNabb to the Vikes. i guess we are the only ones with any realistic interest in Kolb, with us and Miami in for Orton. Its fast heading towards Kolb staying put, whereas 24 hours ago he was going to be the 1st one out the door.
Old 27.07.2011, 09:05 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Good news with TJax going to Seattle, Hassleback looks like he is headed to the Titans, and McNabb to the Vikes. i guess we are the only ones with any realistic interest in Kolb, with us and Miami in for Orton. Its fast heading towards Kolb staying put, whereas 24 hours ago he was going to be the 1st one out the door.
its difficult to find any of the talking heads that think Kolb is worth the 1 phili wants. most seem now to be leaning now toward Orton
Old 27.07.2011, 09:28 AM
All Pro

I dont think Orton will happen. its still looking more like Kolb and the suggestions are there a a few differences in price, none of which are good at all.

We are offering DRC + 2nd, Philly want DRC + 1st. both are too much. Id say go in this morning, offer them a 1st, if they say no, go get Orton, offering a straight up 2nd to get Miami out of the fight.
Old 27.07.2011, 09:40 AM
All Pro

Also, we need to start making some other moves. We have added Jeff King to block, which is an ok pickup. We need to make OL moves now, I guess Gaither is headed to the Raiders We have to make a push on those Falcons. Im very concerned there will be alot of focus on QB, playing the waiting game, which is probably a good move, but we cant afford to forget other needs. When we come to look at them, all the talent will have dissapeared. We could also do with making a move for an OLB and ILB, as well as a CB, perhaps Cromatrie if we are letting DRC go.
Old 27.07.2011, 07:02 PM
All Pro

We desperately need improvement on the O-line, which is clear, especially if we expect to give Kolb or Orton any chance at all, without its we may as well stick with Skelton.

I don't have the amount of residence to Kolb as some, however I do to the trade desires, Orton would be more value
Old 27.07.2011, 08:27 PM
All Pro

Im not down on Kolb, I am a little concerned at how much we are giving up, and quite staggered that we are even having an issue with the Eagles giving up DRC and a 2nd. I think thats too much, but if the FO believe it to be a fair, then fine. However, should they fold and be robbed by giving up a 1st and DRC, I will be mad.

I also worrry about Kolbs abilities and how they fit in with us. Quick, short passes, sounds alot like Leinart to me.

Orton has proven he can get the ball down the field, Im not sure Kolb can. If we go with Kolb we really need to make some big adjustments to the way this offense plays.

My biggest concern of all is that there is no movement elsewhere, we have other needs, big needs, the Seahawks have got Gallery, they have also shown an interest in Clabo along with the Bills. We need to be pursuing some OL guys, and NOW!! They are dissapearing.
Old 27.07.2011, 09:13 PM
All Pro

Same concern, on what we're giving up. It feels too much, but if thats to be then so be it. I trust they've done their work at Front Office. I think Kolb could fit in well, he has guts and confidence, but essentially he has fundamentals for a starter, unlike a DA etc
Old 28.07.2011, 07:30 AM
All Pro

Looks like Daryn Colledge will be coming in from the Packers At last, some other moves.
Old 28.07.2011, 09:56 AM
Team Captain

Smile

Some people I think are forgetting that Kolb was to be the Franchise QB after McNabb left. He was going to be the starter and if it hadn't been for Vick and his One Man Show I doubt he'd even be in trade negotations.

Fitzgerald wants Kolb as well, so it could be a ploy to get Fitz to sign a contract. We get Kolb, sign Fitz to an extension and if Kolb doesn't work out we'll be like "But YOU wanted him!".

Very pleased with our signing of Colledge. He was the Packers' best OLine man. Rodgers will get murdered now lol.

Slightly off-topic but I run my own closed group on Facebook for Cardinals fans. If you have FB then feel free to jopin the group "Real Cards Fans". Idiots and homers are not welcome it's a group for proper fans.
Old 28.07.2011, 10:36 AM
All Pro

Yeh, but supposed to be, and being are different things, he is not good enough to be the franchise QB of the Eagles.

I think we are totally in the dark as to whether he will be what we need, of the little time he has played and put up very average numbers, none of that can really count for anything as the offense the Eagles run is completely different to what he is going to have to show here. He is going to have to be better.

Its an upgrade, no doubt, its a very big risk if the rumours about the contract are true, but it is probably a risk we had to take.

Also, not sure I have seen anywhere that quotes Fitz as saying he wanted Kolb. He has been completely diplomatic when questioned about the QB situation.