Free Agency desires? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 28.07.2011, 12:30 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Yeh, but supposed to be, and being are different things, he is not good enough to be the franchise QB of the Eagles.

I think we are totally in the dark as to whether he will be what we need, of the little time he has played and put up very average numbers, none of that can really count for anything as the offense the Eagles run is completely different to what he is going to have to show here. He is going to have to be better.

Its an upgrade, no doubt, its a very big risk if the rumours about the contract are true, but it is probably a risk we had to take.

Also, not sure I have seen anywhere that quotes Fitz as saying he wanted Kolb. He has been completely diplomatic when questioned about the QB situation.
It has been widely reported they got together recently and went through some throws etc. Urban wrote about it in his blog.
Old 28.07.2011, 01:07 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
It has been widely reported they got together recently and went through some throws etc. Urban wrote about it in his blog.
Yeh I seen that, but the reports only came out a long while after it had actually happened. Was it not much earlier in the summer that it actually happened? Since then fitz has been quizzed on it and been diplomatic, in fact what he has said is that he has no input into the decision. Im not saying he hasnt, Im just saying nobody has actually said it is who fitz wants.
Old 29.07.2011, 12:53 PM
Starter

Wasn't happy to see DRC go after the security on defense he brought to this team but picking up Kolb wasn't a bad move as it suits the offensive scheme put together by Coach Whisenhunt. On the other hand, I'm happy about the trades to bolster our O-line. Now its just time to look out for a WR to support Fitz and possibly a replacement for DRC, but that may have to wait for another season.

Last edited by WalkMan; 29.07.2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 30.07.2011, 08:59 AM
Starter

With the Eagles picking up Asomugha they are likely to cut one of their current 3 corners. Asante Samuel has been rumored as a trading possibility with the Cards and in return the Cards will likely give up a future draft pick.
Old 30.07.2011, 10:21 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkMan View Post
With the Eagles picking up Asomugha they are likely to cut one of their current 3 corners. Asante Samuel has been rumored as a trading possibility with the Cards and in return the Cards will likely give up a future draft pick.
Doubt they would cut Samuel, but could get good value from a trade. I dont really want to give up any picks for him, plus he will be on a big contract. We are rumoured to have got Richard Marshall, which I am happy with. DRC and a 2nd, replaced with Kolb and Marshall, Im happy with that.
Old 30.07.2011, 12:07 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Doubt they would cut Samuel, but could get good value from a trade. I dont really want to give up any picks for him, plus he will be on a big contract. We are rumoured to have got Richard Marshall, which I am happy with. DRC and a 2nd, replaced with Kolb and Marshall, Im happy with that.
Yeah, the trade was confirmed. Richard Marshall was a decent pickup in order to have a veteran CB paired up with Peterson. Lets see how the Marshall/Peterson combo works out. This season is going to be very interesting, we have a lot to look forward to.
Old 30.07.2011, 01:15 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Yeah, the trade was confirmed. Richard Marshall was a decent pickup in order to have a veteran CB paired up with Peterson. Lets see how the Marshall/Peterson combo works out. This season is going to be very interesting, we have a lot to look forward to.
Peterson is a rookie. Rookies don't immediately start under Whisenhunt's system.

Therefore it will be Marshall and Toler until Whisenhunt decides Peterson is ready to start.

And why does it matter to you if the season is interesting? You'll ditch the Cardinals once they start losing like you've done with about 7 other teams in two years.
Old 30.07.2011, 06:56 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus85 View Post
Peterson is a rookie. Rookies don't immediately start under Whisenhunt's system.

Therefore it will be Marshall and Toler until Whisenhunt decides Peterson is ready to start.

And why does it matter to you if the season is interesting? You'll ditch the Cardinals once they start losing like you've done with about 7 other teams in two years.
Won't be ditching them at all, the Cardinals are my team, end of story. Looking forward to watching them live in October
Old 30.07.2011, 07:40 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Won't be ditching them at all, the Cardinals are my team, end of story. Looking forward to watching them live in October

Sure they are [sarcasm].

When I saw your post from a few months back, your profile said you were a Steelers fan. Plus, I knew you on MaddenLounge so I remember you ditching the Niners after 3 weeks and the Chargers after they lost in the play-offs.

And what happened to the Raiders? You trashed Sue and the Cards on Twitter before the Cards played them last season.

Oh yeah, and what about the 3 NHL teams you went through?