The Rumor Mill - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 28.07.2011, 07:40 PM
Starter

I am happy with that, surprised by DRC going but very happy overall.

Of the guys available I would slightly prefer him to Orton I was just worried we'd pay with a 1st plus. Orton is a good player and would have improved us 110%, but we know his ceiling, we don't know Kolb's, it could be lower, but is could be higher too.

I will get behind him too......

Plus he's not Anderson.......
Old 28.07.2011, 08:17 PM
Team Captain

So apparently we are completely retarded and traded DRC who is our best CB for a QB who could be absolute ****. Fantastic. Now we have a need at CB as well, because for all we know, Peterson could be a bust. Given Peterson's talent it is highly unlikely BUT, we could have had a super elite defensive backfield.
Kolb better be like Peyton Manning and deliver 10 wins at least. Man I really liked DRC as a player and person, he was gonna be elite...
I hope the Cardinals suprise me here and go to the playoffs... I really do. Otherwise I'm changing my feathers to black and purple for my second favourite team.

Rumor: Cards are looking to sign Malcolm Floyd, the WR for SD. Now that would be really good at least.

Mannn how could we let DRC go...

EDIT: Someone please convince me this was a good trade for us, so that I won't be so disappointed with the Cardinals Organization.
+If the Eagles and Cardinals go to the playoffs, I bet Kolb will throw an INT to DRC.

Last edited by InfiniteRed; 28.07.2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 28.07.2011, 08:56 PM
Starter

Red face

Understanding your concern for sure, but there is no need to go changing colours.

If you've followed the Cards for a few years (and the other guys on here wipe the floor with me and I've followed them since 1991) then you'll know these are good times compared to the norm.

We've got a good QB who wants to come and play here, he wants to start and we need a starter. The money we'll pay and the trade we've made seems a heavy price, but that isn't Kolb's fault so we can't put all this on his shoulders.

Everyone seems to have a downer on this but the guy is desperate to start, has been talking about wanting to come here and maybe he wouldn't have been top of my list either but I am also glad we have him.

If this goes wrong it will possibly cost people their jobs, agreed, but I want to be the first to say good luck to Kevin and I am really glad we've moved and sorted this out quickly.

Thanks to DRC also, I wish him well.

Plus if Kolb throwing a pick in a playoff game is not what worries me, getting to the playoffs would be a massive step forward all of its own.

Last edited by roser; 28.07.2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 28.07.2011, 09:04 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
So apparently we are completely retarded and traded DRC who is our best CB for a QB who could be absolute MODERATED. Fantastic. Now we have a need at CB as well, because for all we know, Peterson could be a bust. Given Peterson's talent it is highly unlikely BUT, we could have had a super elite defensive backfield.
Kolb better be like Peyton Manning and deliver 10 wins at least. Man I really liked DRC as a player and person, he was gonna be elite...
I hope the Cardinals suprise me here and go to the playoffs... I really do. Otherwise I'm changing my feathers to black and purple for my second favourite team.

Rumor: Cards are looking to sign Malcolm Floyd, the WR for SD. Now that would be really good at least.

Mannn how could we let DRC go...

EDIT: Someone please convince me this was a good trade for us, so that I won't be so disappointed with the Cardinals Organization.
+If the Eagles and Cardinals go to the playoffs, I bet Kolb will throw an INT to DRC.
1) DRC does not make any secondary elite.
2) He was the 2nd best CB a poor CB tandem last year
3) DRC is not going to be elite. Decent at best.
4) We dont really need another CB if Whiz is happy to start PP with Toler.
5) If trading one average, but nothing WOW player is enough for you to say you want to go supporting someone else, why wait, go ahead and do it now.
Old 28.07.2011, 09:07 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roser View Post
Understanding your concern for sure, but there is no need to go changing colours.

If you've followed the Cards for a few years (and the other guys on here wipe the floor with me and I've followed them since 1991) then you'll know these are good times compared to the norm.

We've got a good QB who wants to come and play here, he wants to start and we need a starter. The money we'll pay and the trade we've made seems a heavy price, but that isn't Kolb's fault so we can't put all this on his shoulders.

Everyone seems to have a downer on this but the guy is desperate to start, has been talking about wanting to come here and maybe he wouldn't have been top of my list either but I am also glad we have him.

If this goes wrong it will possibly cost people their jobs, agreed, but I want to be the first to say good luck to Kevin and I am really glad we've moved and sorted this out quickly.

Thanks to DRC also, I wish him well.

Plus if Kolb throwing a pick in a playoff game is not what worries me, getting to the playoffs would be a massive step forward all of its own.
nice post. I have no worries about how hard KK will work, the hours he will put in, the talent he has. My real worry is that his talents do not match what this offense does. His weaknesses as they stand, do match what our offense does. This is fine we see this and make changes to the play-book, the game plan, which we clearly did not last year.
Old 28.07.2011, 09:20 PM
Starter

Now I agree with that 100%, Kolb needs time in the pocket, we do not give QB's that time on the evidence of last year. A scrambling Kolb doesn't help us and I think bedding him in and progress on last year would be a big step.

We had some poor QB's last term (if Whiz though ML7 needed to go I back him and DA was never right) and a couple of rookies who weren't ready, but I think anyone would have struggled.

I liked DRC but we struggled all season and surprised as I am I don't see our chances of success leaving with him at all.

I think our chances are as good as anyone in the division, I haven't felt that many times as a Cards fan.

Go get 'em Kev
Old 28.07.2011, 09:29 PM
Team Captain

How can you say DRC couldn't be elite? He's 25 and has a tonne of potential, he had a bad year last year, that means nothing in the grand scale of things. DRC is better than average, he's better than good. It's not just about who we traded, it's also about who we traded for. Kolb could be a complete failure for us, but the Eagles got a definite upgrade. I think we risked too much for an unproven QB. Don't get me wrong, I like Kolb, but I think Orton would have been a safer choice with a similar amount of upside. I don't think we should have given up so much for him.

@roser The trade itself was not Kolb's fault, and I'm not annoyed at Kolb, I like Kolb, I'm annoyed at how much we lost to get him. I know we can't put all that on his shoulders, but he has a lot bare and he needs to perform.

Will be weird to see Steve in a KC uniform and DRC in an Eagles one. :/
Old 28.07.2011, 09:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
How can you say DRC couldn't be elite? He's 25 and has a tonne of potential, he had a bad year last year, that means nothing in the grand scale of things. DRC is better than average, he's better than good. It's not just about who we traded, it's also about who we traded for. Kolb could be a complete failure for us, but the Eagles got a definite upgrade. I think we risked too much for an unproven QB. Don't get me wrong, I like Kolb, but I think Orton would have been a safer choice with a similar amount of upside. I don't think we should have given up so much for him.

@roser The trade itself was not Kolb's fault, and I'm not annoyed at Kolb, I like Kolb, I'm annoyed at how much we lost to get him. I know we can't put all that on his shoulders, but he has a lot bare and he needs to perform.

Will be weird to see Steve in a KC uniform and DRC in an Eagles one. :/
Because in the years he has been herre, he has not made any progress in addressing his weaknesses, i.e. tackling, concentration. And his a decent cover guy, but not elite, I dont see elite ability there, like revis etc. Thats elite.

Of course Kolb could be a failure, but QB's are way more important to winning a championship, its an absoloute necessity. We have no options at QB, Kolb has plenty of upside, you take that risk. How much we lost is completely unknown as of yet. If he is the franchise QB they believe him to be, DRC and a 2nd round pick is a bargain.

You are right Orton would be a safer choice, nice numbers between the 20's, then when it counts, when he gets to the red zone, when its 3rd down, whenn its 4th quarter and he needs to make a play, the back end of a season, he cant do it. There is not the same amount of upside, Orton is solid and always will be, he wont win you anything though.
Old 28.07.2011, 09:46 PM
Starter

InfinateRed, I kinda get where you are coming from but.....this is what happens every year.

Coaches and GM's make decisions and people move, lots of people move so you can never be to precious in the nfl. I think Randy Moss once said NFL stands for 'Not For Long' and he's right.

Last year we lost possibly 5 of our best players in 48 hours with trades and retirements and never really replaced them. I like DRC but he had an up and down season and last year and compared to 12 months ago when we lost Warner, Q, Dansby, Rolle and Berry this is nothing in comparison.

I saw enough from our Rookies last year to think we'll be fine in key positions we weren't last time like LB, plus we have an RB too many so that gives us some more trade leverage and I get the feeling we'll use it.

Don't worry about front office judgement, support it and go with it.

In Whiz we trust.

Plus on dammits' point Orton will never win a ring, solid is the word, he'll be a starter somewhere, but with Kolb the risk is he's an unknown, that could yet have its upsides!!!!

Last edited by roser; 28.07.2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 28.07.2011, 09:59 PM
Team Captain

Exactly, I don't want last year to repeat itself. DRC and Steve Breaston were definitely some of our best players.

You can't say that about Orton though really, since seeing what Kolb has done so far, he cracks in the red zone as well. Oh man I really hope Kolb does well for us.... We need to upgrade the OL as well.

+ Don't act like you weren't excited to be able to see a backfield with DRC, PP, A-Dub and Kerry Rhodes. :P