What is wrong? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 11.10.2011, 07:37 PM
Team Captain

@mrbyte11 We motion our recievers loads, I see us doing it all the time and I swear it does nothing. What is it supposed to do?

@b182 Cam didn't have to learn a whole new system, they took stuff from his college career too. Plus the team needing to learn a system is not as hard, each player only needs to know what their own assignment is but Cam needs to know everyone's.
Yeah true, but if we sucked that bad, it wouldn't be close at all. Honestly I don't think we are a good team, especially after last week, we were freakin' awful. But I seem to be the only one with a positive outlook for this team, instead of pointing fingers at who's to blame.
Old 11.10.2011, 09:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
@b182 Cam didn't have to learn a whole new system, they took stuff from his college career too. Plus the team needing to learn a system is not as hard, each player only needs to know what their own assignment is but Cam needs to know everyone's.
I just dont get what you mean. I stated that we could be having more success with Kolb, Cam is doing so in Carolina. You argued that statement, but what you are doing is not arguing it couldnt be done, all you are saying is that Carolina are actually doing it better. They are doing this by tailoring the offense to suit him, using packages from college. If we were tailoring this offense more for Kolb, we would be more successful. It can be done, but the stubborness of Whiz and the "system" means we arent.

Im aware each player only needs to know their own assignments, but they all still must learn those new assignments. We dont even have that additional problem. We are running the same system, the system these players know, that makes it easier for us than Carolina.

In the end, the whole offense in Carolina is learning a new system, we only have a QB and the new offensive players learning a new system, there are numerous players there that know the system. Carolina are proving to be more successful becasue they are making the necessary adjustments to allow Newton to be successful, we are simply not making those adjustments for Kolb, hence the success is not there.

I want to have a positive outlook, clearly, or I wouldnt support the team, but im not a person who believes in blind faith in any walk of life, thats what that would be. I see nothing in the first games, I saw nothing last season that would give me any reason to be positive. Whiz has again said we are sticking with what we are doing, "we know the system works". It doesnt, it clearly doesnt, but if the HC is saying we are sticking with it, I cant be positive about that. Our players, no matter if some are talented, are not being put in a position to win, and it sounds like thats going to continue until Whiz is done in Arizona.

Last edited by b182dammit; 11.10.2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12.10.2011, 07:43 AM
All Pro

It's quite straight forward, Whiz is slowly getting found out. He has the odd trick play(or did have) and he can't delegate responsibility to the right people. For the last 3 years he's been saying, we need to eliminate the mistakes. Well, what has he eliminated, all he did was install a few turnstiles in front of various QB's. It's worrying that players regress over time with him here, when they burst onto the scene they've got some exciting fundamentals (i.e. Roberts, Kolb) but as they settle into a system set up by the man in which we trust they fall backwards.

And on Miller, I can't see it either, the scheme hasn't changed, the gameplan traits haven't changed, the timing of the calls hasn't changed, it's got Whiz slapped all over it.

It's not easy to say this as he had so much early success, but he had some tools leftover from the Denny & Graves drafting to do it. He's sanctioned the dismantling of many of those parts.

Sorry Whiz, I'm looking at you
Old 12.10.2011, 08:03 AM
Pro Bowler

infinitered

You motion your recievers for a number of reasons but for Fitz it allows him to get off the line without being jammed it also rolls the saftey coverage and has the potential for missed assignments and confusion in coverage.

UKcard....spot on mate.
I think its in this thread I put the stat Whiz is 6-15 since Kurt went....I think Whiz is being found out too.
The thing now thats coming out and (this started last year when Joey Porter lost it with all the smiling on the losing sideline and questioned the teams will to win) is that Kolb and Heap both have questioned players preparedness (which comes down to coaching) and the general attitude in the team and how they prepare.....
I notice that Cards.com doesn't show Whizs full press conferences anymore ..I suppose theres no point really you can watch any PC from any losing game since Whiz got here and he says exactly the same thing....
Old 12.10.2011, 08:11 AM
Pro Bowler

interesting read on Profootball focus

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...ikings-week-5/
Old 12.10.2011, 11:10 AM
All Pro

That's why I tried to keep it short Byte, it's all been said, but I can't help but feel Whiz is the main point. The fact that those 'big name' guys who have been brought in this year are seeing a team that doesn't look or prepare like they're used to says a lot. I fear however he will get another year beyond this to try and make us of 'his' QB
Old 12.10.2011, 11:16 AM
Pro Bowler

oh i'm sure we will have another year of Whiz unless this season turns so bad that the front office have to act
Old 13.10.2011, 07:45 AM
Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...-on-investment

interview with Michael Bidwill
looks like as far as his concerned he's done his part now its up to Whiz
Old 13.10.2011, 08:03 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...-on-investment

interview with Michael Bidwill
looks like as far as his concerned he's done his part now its up to Whiz
Nice read, and I feel alot better about things after reading it. It looks as though Bidwill will not be settling for this rubbish should it continue, even mediocrity. Unless Whiz turns this round, dramatically, I think he is gone.
Old 13.10.2011, 08:35 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Nice read, and I feel alot better about things after reading it. It looks as though Bidwill will not be settling for this rubbish should it continue, even mediocrity. Unless Whiz turns this round, dramatically, I think he is gone.
Yeah I know the Bidwills get a lot of stick ...and in the past deservedly so
but I think Michael has his finger on the pulse and genuinly wants to win
must say i felt better too

Last edited by mrbyte11; 13.10.2011 at 09:57 AM.