Let's talk about next year - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 07.01.2012, 09:18 AM
Team Captain

God I hope we don't lose Horton, especially when we just learnt his system. He will probably stay though since the Rams want Jeff Fisher.

Haley's type of coaching may just be what we need. Doesn't matter if our players hate him if he can get them to play better. I'm not sure if Kurt's success was Haley's success or the other way around though. Haley is legit insane though so I'd be kinda scared if I was on the Cardinals offense.
Old 07.01.2012, 09:22 AM
Team Captain

Don't we have Horton on a 3 year contract anyway? Or does it work differently with coordinators?
Old 07.01.2012, 10:31 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
Don't we have Horton on a 3 year contract anyway? Or does it work differently with coordinators?
yeah we do but a lot of contracts allow you to interview for a higher coaching position
Old 07.01.2012, 05:48 PM
Team Captain

So if he gets it are we obligated to let him go?
Old 07.01.2012, 05:59 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So if he gets it are we obligated to let him go?
yep I think so or we wouldn't allow the interview
We might get compensation

but he wont get it I think he is the Rooney rule candidate
Old 07.01.2012, 06:24 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
yep I think so or we wouldn't allow the interview
We might get compensation

but he wont get it I think he is the Rooney rule candidate
True but if he impresses enough he could, I'm doubtful about it as well. We really need him to stay otherwise the D will be left in a bad, bad state. Learn a new, difficult scheme and learn a new one again the next year. Let's hope this does not need to happen.
They are looking to get Jeff Fisher and he'll probably go for the Rams over the Dolphins so yeah.
Old 07.01.2012, 06:30 PM
Team Captain

Here's another question for you: Should we keep Early Doucet? Honestly I think he is a really good receiver and should have for sure started over Andre this season. He has made plays and had one of his best seasons this year whilst Andre has only got about 2 or 3 catches that I can remember.
If we get rid of Early then we'd have to get someone else since I don't see too much talent other than Fitz of course.
Please DeSean, come to Az, pleeeeeeeease. So unlikely but I can hope...

Funny quote from NFL.com: " Fitz needs help. Early Doucet is serviceable, and Andre Roberts excites only his parents, but this club lacks a threat to pair with Fitzgerald."
Old 07.01.2012, 06:52 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Here's another question for you: Should we keep Early Doucet? Honestly I think he is a really good receiver and should have for sure started over Andre this season. He has made plays and had one of his best seasons this year whilst Andre has only got about 2 or 3 catches that I can remember.
If we get rid of Early then we'd have to get someone else since I don't see too much talent other than Fitz of course.
Please DeSean, come to Az, pleeeeeeeease. So unlikely but I can hope...

Funny quote from NFL.com: " Fitz needs help. Early Doucet is serviceable, and Andre Roberts excites only his parents, but this club lacks a threat to pair with Fitzgerald."
I dont think we have seen enough of ED to say one way or the other..
or to put it another way I don't think we miss him if he goes

I think one of our big needs is to find a genuine No. 2 WR you know like Breaston was someone that if you don't pay attention to he will burn you. I don't know what's in the draft but if we get a chance at a Julio Jones type then I say go for it
Old 07.01.2012, 08:56 PM
Team Captain

Yeah but we don't have the draft picks for that. If we don't take a tackle in the first round we will probably take an ILB. Then we have no 2nd rounder and it will be hard to get someone to be a #2 WR in the 3rd - 7th rounds. Hopefully we'll find a real gem though, like the Giants got with Victor Cruz. I would love that. But the chances are we don't draft a WR at all, then we'd be looking at free agency or, more likely (I think), won't get another WR at all.
Maybe we'll be aggressive like last season, well, hopefully not quite as aggressive.
Old 07.01.2012, 11:07 PM
Starter

As much as I have good will toward ED for the last few years, upgrading at wr through fa or the draft would be possible as although we could make an argument for Roberts and Doucet being the better choice in the current roster, neither are good enough to take some heat off Fitz or put up serious yards themselves. If we could get DeSean that would really provide a great attack on a par with the days of Q lining up with Fitz...........but we wouldn't....would we?

If we do draft a wr in round 1 or 2 I think that would be over an ilb so it's really a case of what Whiz feels we need most, or possibly what he think his chances are in fa.

Clark Haggans looks like being back next year as the older head in the lb corp so with that in mind it might give is the slightest hint we are looking at drafting for the linebacker position.

Last edited by roser; 07.01.2012 at 11:12 PM.