Let's talk about next year - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 08.01.2012, 09:28 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by roser View Post
If we could get DeSean that would really provide a great attack on a par with the days of Q lining up with Fitz...........but we wouldn't....would we?

If we do draft a wr in round 1 or 2 I think that would be over an ilb so it's really a case of what Whiz feels we need most, or possibly what he think his chances are in fa.

Clark Haggans looks like being back next year as the older head in the lb corp so with that in mind it might give is the slightest hint we are looking at drafting for the linebacker position.
Well I think getting DeSean might be good for us, since he has worked with Kevin Kolb before. He's a burner and will be sure to put up big yards and I think he's friends with Fitz, though Fitz is friends with everyone... Only problem will be the money he asks for, he is a perfect fit here though. I don't think his attitude will matter though, John Lott and the other leaders can keep him in check. Hopefully we at least try and get him.
Oh and remember we don't have a 2nd round pick this year so that's why our 1st round pick is tricky.

What are everyones thoughts on trading our 1st round pick on draft day?
Old 08.01.2012, 01:49 PM
Starter

Rumour has it Haley is on his way back.
Jurecki tweeted a deal will be done this week.

Could mean bringing Dwayne Bowe or Steve Breaston with him!

Also, I think trading down could be a good idea , if someone like Trent Richardson is still there ..possible but unlikely, then we could grab some extra picks. There seems to be more value lower down the draft.
Having said that, I really like the Upshaw pick.
Old 08.01.2012, 01:55 PM
Pro Bowler

I cant see us getting Desean Jacko he wants WR1 money and we let the last guy who wanted that over Fitz go (Bolden)

getting Breaston back would be epic!! and fit perfectly he knows the system he wouldnt want WR1 money (though didnt he sign a long contract with KC?) and he is gooood
Old 08.01.2012, 05:16 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by petelondoncard View Post
Could mean bringing Dwayne Bowe or Steve Breaston with him!
That would be beautiful.
Old 08.01.2012, 09:28 PM
Starter

I had completely forgotten about the 2nd round pick not being there....

Still think we are okay though, Whiz has already said he wants to keep a lot of the same guys and I am happy with that, if we hadn't got such a lot of momentum towards the end of the season we might be asking a few more questions.

If we lose CC I might be a little more concerned but I think we'll get that deal done quickly.

If Haley comes back I think that is a far bigger move for us than any personnel move we are likely to make.

I think this is just another one where I'll trust Whiz to get this decision right.
Old 08.01.2012, 09:47 PM
Team Captain

Even if Campbell doesn't get a contract this year, which is unlikely, we can franchise tag him or whatever it's called. He'll be here next year regardless. Whiz and Graves won't let him leave, no chance.

I wonder what happens to Miller if Haley comes in, which he likely will.

1st round: OT?
3rd round: OT?

or maybe something unexpected but interesting like:
1st: ILB
3rd: WR

I reckon we can take a speed reciever really late though, or even undrafted. Just go Raiders style and get one of the fastest guys. Get a pass rushing ILB or OLB in the 1st then OT in the 3rd. Just thinking out loud.
Old 10.01.2012, 09:02 AM
Pro Bowler

Chris Miller fired
....this should leave the way open for Haley to return I would think.....actually forget that I'm getting mixed up with Mike Miller

Last edited by mrbyte11; 10.01.2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10.01.2012, 08:14 PM
Team Captain

I guess getting a new QB coach may be good. Kind of difficult for fans to assess position coaches but hey, if we get a good one it would really help us.
Mike Miller to QB coach and then Haley to OC? Well it's not guaranteed for Haley to come here, though it does seem very likely.
Old 10.01.2012, 11:46 PM
All Pro

Hi guys,

happy new year to you all. Been away on me hols for a while so just catching up on all the news. Haley back...hmmm not too sure Im keen on the idea of players/staff returning, though im not dead against it.

I hope we dont lose Horton, he has done a magnificent job, would be a big step back for us.

There are a number of areas we need to get better at. The biggest being the OL. A new OT should be taken in the first round, or a top FA picked up.

I like Doucet as the third WR, but we really need a legit number 2, and Roberts can drop to 4th for the time being. Again, Id look to FA for this, or around round 3/4 for someone with good speed.

If we can get CC a contract, then the line looks good. Id like another ILB with Lenon getting on, and would be happy drafting one in the first few rounds, rotating them in for Lenon as the year goes on.

Id still like to get a top pass rusher, probably via FA if we can. yes Acho and Schofield have come on great, I dont want to see them go, but I think alot is down to the scheme, if we could get someone elite, I think we can do way more damage.

I agree with the idea of taking a SS in the later rounds if there is someone they like, give them a few years to learn.

To be honest, Im not sure there is anywhere on the field we shouldnt be looking to either improve or start building for the future at other than the DL.
Old 11.01.2012, 08:04 PM
Team Captain

Well we could do with a better nose tackle, I think we can improve everywhere, but yes DL is an area that would do just fine as it is. We are still trying to see what we have in Dan Williams I guess, plus Carter has played well too. Ok fine, we don't need any personnel change at DL but we need improvement I guess.