Miami Here We Come - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 29.06.2012, 09:55 PM
Pro

Default Miami Here We Come

My daughter became a Jets fan after I took her to the old Giants stadium I few years ago so this year I promised her a trip to see the Jets play my Dolphins

I had wanted to go to New York but the match up there is on the same day as the IS game which we already have tickets for

So it's Miami on September 23 and after getting the match tickets today everything is sorted

I can't wait even if it will just be a 4 night stay
Old 30.06.2012, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

That's awesome! Hope you have a great time... I'm not jealous at all!!
Old 30.06.2012, 11:24 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym41 View Post
My daughter became a Jets fan after I took her to the old Giants stadium I few years ago so this year I promised her a trip to see the Jets play my Dolphins

I had wanted to go to New York but the match up there is on the same day as the IS game which we already have tickets for

So it's Miami on September 23 and after getting the match tickets today everything is sorted

Although it does beg the question how you ever let your daughter become a Jets fan !! My daughter is only 8 but even she knows the Jets are the enemy !
Cut off her inheritance
Old 30.06.2012, 10:14 PM
Starter

Quote:
My daughter became a Jets fan...
Oh god, I'm really sorry mate, only just found out...
Old 01.07.2012, 05:21 PM
Team Captain

Quote:

how have you managed it? what price range are we looking at for a four day trip if you dont mind me asking
Old 02.07.2012, 10:08 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn View Post
Although it does beg the question how you ever let your daughter become a Jets fan !! My daughter is only 8 but even she knows the Jets are the enemy !
Cut off her inheritance
A very valid point. Shame on you sir. Unless it is all a cunning plan to bring her back.

My just 4 year old daughter, already knows that it is aqua and white only! She is quite happy as there are Dolphins on her shirt, lucky as it also has Henne on the back!

Will have to sort out a replacement when we go to Florida next May.
Old 02.07.2012, 01:35 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio View Post
how have you managed it? what price range are we looking at for a four day trip if you dont mind me asking
Flights were £520 each - doesnt help that we live in the NW so have no direct flight options and are flying via Philadelphia from Manchester.

Hotel is around $100 a night including breakfast and the car hire was £98 for the 4 days. Tickets for the game are £70 each so before we eat or drink anything the trip is costing around £1500.

Not cheap I know and if we both had more holidays to spare staying a week would not have cost that much more.
Old 02.07.2012, 01:44 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn View Post
Cut off her inheritance
Our first live game was Dolphins against Falcons (in the Michael Vick days) in Miami but I dont think my daughter was that impressed with the game.

We then went to New York mainly to watch NHL ( we are both Toronto fans and they were playing the Rangers and the Devils in the same week) and went to the Meadowlands to see the Jets and the Bills. As an aside it was the same day as the first IS game between the Dolphins and Giants so I missed that.

The Jets and Bills game was pretty crap but my daughter just loved the attitude of the Jets' fans and the atmosphere they generated so became a fan despite my protestations.

I had hoped to have converted her by now as I did with her choice of football team - she was a Coventry fan but after a day out in Istanbul she is a confirmed Liverpool fan.

Perhaps it's because she is older now or maybe just that over the past few seasons the Jets have looked more competitive than the Phins.
Old 02.07.2012, 01:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Our first live game was Dolphins against Falcons (in the Michael Vick days) in Miami but I dont think my daughter was that impressed with the game.

We then went to New York mainly to watch NHL ( we are both Toronto fans and they were playing the Rangers and the Devils in the same week) and went to the Meadowlands to see the Jets and the Bills. As an aside it was the same day as the first IS game between the Dolphins and Giants so I missed that.

The Jets and Bills game was pretty crap but my daughter just loved the attitude of the Jets' fans and the atmosphere they generated so became a fan despite my protestations.

I had hoped to have converted her by now as I did with her choice of football team - she was a Coventry fan but after a day out in Istanbul she is a confirmed Liverpool fan.

Perhaps it's because she is older now or maybe just that over the past few seasons the Jets have looked more competitive than the Phins.
Sorry mate still smacks of poor parenting to me. I'm not sure how a day out in Istanbul makes her want to be a Liverpool fan or is it a suburb of Liverpool? I went to Dublin once but I don't support Bayern Munich
Still you wouldn't wish being a Coventry fan on your worst enemy, even a Jets fan.
Old 02.07.2012, 02:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:

Goes from bad to worse! A ruddy Liverpool fan to boot!