NFL Football Trading Cards - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 04.11.2012, 09:43 AM
Starter

Yea I dabbled in collecting cards for a bit (49ers players) but was consumed by my main hobby of collecting autographs.......have Joey Galloway and Eric Metcalf on a 8x10" leaf card and Tom Rathman on a small photo, plus numerous other film, tv and sport stars.

Are the autographed cards you mention original? Or preprint on card? Would like some 49er greats if I can get hold of some, Montana, Rice, Young and Lott etc am off to U.S. next September so may try my luck out there!

Last edited by Nofiner49er; 04.11.2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Misspell
Old 06.11.2012, 10:28 AM
Starter

Nice collection you have and some really nice autos in there also, bit off topic but my auto collection includes Muhammad Ali, a titanic survivor, Bob Hope amongst others, I will have a look at ur site....
Old 11.11.2012, 07:32 PM
Pro

Hey Steve, I think I just won some of your Bucs auctions yesterday if you're from the South West. I love collecting trading cards (mainly from games) and I always knew in the back of my mind that American sports cards were supposedly highly collectable/fun to collect but I never realised there were some many football ones until I got into the sport recently. I'm trying to collect them for fun and to further my knowledge of players etc.
Old 19.11.2012, 04:11 PM
Pro

Hey thanks for the cards, they came last week (I'm pretty sure I've left feedback!).

Is there a website that acts as a card database that's easy to use? I just wondered if there was an easy way of keeping track of a collection and seeing what other cards come from the same sets/finding out which sets cards came from!

Thanks again!
Old 19.11.2012, 07:49 PM
All Pro

I've got:-

T J Graham Player game worn patch autograph card # 333 / 1353

Dwayne Allen Player game worn patch autograph card # 283 / 1353

Dwayne Allen Player worn relic autograph card # 898 / 1368

Nick Foles Player worn relic autograph card # 31 / 100

RGIII Rookie Refractor # 39 / 99
Old 22.11.2012, 06:56 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderSteve View Post
Combo Game Worn/Auto's are the best aren't they. Nice cards you have there, and obviously the RGIII card would be pretty HOT right now!
Yeah, shame it's not an autograph but i was offered $100 for it on an american forum i go on. TBH i'm not buying cards to sell them no matter what there worth. I like collecting nice cards.
Old 25.11.2012, 10:30 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean, I have a huge Raiders collection, but have many other Auto/Jersey cards of other NFL stars and can be just as clingy to them as my Raiders!! The idea was that my non-Raiders get traded to add more Raiders, but sometimes I may not part with that Manning or Brees Auto no matter what I'm offered!!
Can i just ask where you buy you're cards from ? I've found a nice little dealer in South Carolina who ships every box over for me. But that's the issue, South Carolina !

Do you know of any deals who here in the UK who sell packs by the box rather than individual packs ?
Old 05.12.2012, 08:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I get most of my boxes from the US too, haven't seen anyone in the UK who sells boxes. You see a few retail boxes get sold on eBay, but not hobby boxes with the big hits in. It's a shame, but I think were stuck from ordering from the US. Although there is TAASS in Germany who stock boxes, have you tried them?
I've never heard of them, i'll check them out.
Old 01.04.2013, 10:08 PM
Pro Bowler

Steve iv ordered some of your cards from eBay and sent you an email,
I'm very interested in collecting nfl cards.
If you see my email please reply.
Do you have any Rodgers, Kaep,Clay Matthews, Rg3, AP,Calvin Johnson,Tom Brady, Brees,Wilson for sale to add to the ones iv bidded for on eBay to gt my collection going.
I cn see me spending loads on this hobbie and mostly buying from you
Old 01.04.2013, 10:16 PM
All Pro

I used to collect cards back in the mid-90's but lost interest a few years later when manufacturers couldn't print a single set without introducing a million billion sub-sets and ultra-ultra-rare 1 of 1 inserts with player DNA samples imprinted on the card and other such nonsense.

Still have an enormous collection of Chargers cards from that era, loads of complete and partial sets, and strangely enough, extensive Isaac Bruce and Mark Brunell collections also

Tags
autograph , cards , football cards , memorabilia , nfl , nfl cards , trading , trading cards