So much to talks about so little being said - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 29.11.2012, 09:33 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt NFL Fan View Post
Why was Skelton dropped? I know he played poorly right, but is Lindley any better?
Skelton was dropped because when he had opportunities to convert simple passes and important passes he was failing to hit the mark. I think it was a case of 'it can't be worse, as these missed passes are unnaceptable for any NFL QB'

Is Lindley any better? Who knows, if he starts on Sunday, we may start to find out for real
Old 30.11.2012, 08:20 AM
Pro Bowler

Lindley has the nod for Sunday.
Skelton was poor his inaccuracy was legend. it wasnt any better last year as i have stated here before the season.
but to pull him after 7 passes was Whiz hitting the panic button IMO
still on with magical mystery QB tour that is Whizs MO amd will be his legacy

this is amuzing http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...d-nowhere.html

especially the last couple of points

Last edited by mrbyte11; 30.11.2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 30.11.2012, 12:42 PM
All Pro

Is Lindley any better? The answer is no, there is no wait and see, I have seen enough already. he has played twice, and cost us 2 wins, it is that simple.

It was like watching skelton but with the addition of a couple of ridiculous pick 6's. Other than the first drive where we made it easy for him, he was inaccurate, hardly ever got past his 1st read, panicky under pressure, missed every single deep ball, and that 2nd pick 6 off his back foot was one of the worst int's i have ever seen.

People tell me that rookie QB's take time to develop, I cant say I agree with this anymore. Yes a rookie may have a few bad games throughout a year, but generally when you are thrown in there you either sink or swim, Lindley has been drowning.
Old 30.11.2012, 01:55 PM
Pro Bowler

For me its too early to judge Lindley that said I would have a lot more faith if he had hit a couple of the deep passes

Im affraid Im in the fire Whiz camp now, I think its time to change this is the third season with a 6 game plus losing streak to put that into perspective for us it equates to a 16 games in the premier could you see any mananger lasting a 16 game losing streak? three years on the trot?
Old 27.12.2012, 09:45 PM
All Pro

Is it not worth seeing what it would take to bring in Matt Flynn?
Old 28.12.2012, 12:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards View Post
Is it not worth seeing what it would take to bring in Matt Flynn?
No matter what Wilson has achieved this year, if he cant beat out a rookie picked in the 3rd round after just being picked up himself for quite big money, hell to the no.

We either get a known commodity via FA/trade or we draft someone. That is how we have to go forward at QB. I am not sure we find a ready to go starter this year in the draft, I do not think there will be anything worth going for in FA, and nothing realistic will be available to trade for.

What this means guys, is the best way we can move forward if we have the balls to do it, stick with Kolb next year, perhaps pick up a backup in FA, forget about another later round prospect in the draft. We then wait for something we like in the draft.

This wont happen of course, we, like most other teams would, will get trigger happy, panic, go after the best we can get, whether or not we really believe they are the answer, and we may just see exactly what we have the last 2 years.
Old 28.12.2012, 06:23 PM
All Pro

Brian Hoyer gets the start Sunday doesn't he? Surely he has to be better than Lindley? You may as well evaluate him, because he could well end up being Kolb's back-up next year.

Send Lindley to the practice squad in 2013 and release Skelton, then get some help with the OL, and perhaps that might help your run game?

Failing that draft a RB, and hope Ryan Williams and Beanie Wells stay on the field...
Old 28.12.2012, 07:56 PM
MVP

Quote:
Brian Hoyer gets the start Sunday doesn't he? Surely he has to be better than Lindley? You may as well evaluate him, because he could well end up being Kolb's back-up next year.

Send Lindley to the practice squad in 2013 and release Skelton, then get some help with the OL, and perhaps that might help your run game?

Failing that draft a RB, and hope Ryan Williams and Beanie Wells stay on the field...
Beanie is finished. He tweeted the other day he doesnt expect to play for the Cards again.
Shame, but he has been a massive disappointment.
Old 28.12.2012, 08:02 PM
All Pro

Quote:

Cant see Hoyer being with us next year, Skelton will be gone, Kolb and Lindley may stick around I think, though I have seen enough from Lindley already.

The OL, or should I say, the tackles, have improved greatly in pass protection and that has not been the problem for the last 7 or 8 games, simply bad QB play. The tackles, especially Massie have done a decent job.

You point out the run game, and this is massively overlooked in terms of being a problem with our QB woes. Our running game stinks, and as far as I am concerned it is on the interior of the line. Colledge, Snyder, and anyone else that have played Guard have stunk it up. Pair that with Wells, who is constantly being tackled by that invisible 12th man, or a tiny back in LSH, the run game has been a shambles.

We have to improve the line. Id like to see Massie back next year a RT, Sendelien is an ok center so he can stay, but we need 2 new guards and a new LT (Potter can backup and continue to learn) If we can do that, and keep Kolb healthy, we stand a chance.
Old 29.12.2012, 12:02 PM
All Pro

I actually wanted the Cards to do well this year and when you were 4-0, even though I thought you would have fallen away I didn't expect you to fall away as much as you did!!

If Kolb wasn't injured I'd say you would have probably been 8-8/9-7. One bright spot is if you can keep Kolb on the field, then he showed decent promise this year before his season ending injury.