What now for the Cards Offence?? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 04.01.2013, 07:30 AM
Starter

Smile What now for the Cards Offence??

What do you think is instore for the cards in 2013 regarding the offence??

Draft QB?? or keep Kolb?? or Get in a Free Agent??

If the right moves are made can the D play aswell as last year and make it to the play-offs with a hopefully fit and firing offence ??

I prediction is .... Alex smith in and get two drafted offencive line men... with them and alex at QB i cant see us having a season worse than 8-8....

Whats your predictions ??

Old 04.01.2013, 09:20 AM
All Pro

I dont see any way how we make the playoffs next year. I would be very surprised. We will be 3rd or bottom, and to be honest Id happily take an 8-8 now so long as I was seeing the progressions I outline below.

The offense, I hope that we do this thing right, we dont need quick fixes, this will be a slow thing, maybe a couple of years.

This year, lets focus on the line, forget the skill players and QB, lets sort the line. If we can do that, and next season we see an improvement on that front, I will be happy.

We ride Kolb, I have no doubt its the best move. There will be nothing via FA, I certainly don't want to make another trade. The draft...I don't like very much. The only thing Id consider would be if Tyler Wilson fell to us in the 3rd (not likely). Alex Smith??? I don't care what the stats say, we are not anywhere near the standard we would need to be on offense to make him look even remotely serviceable.

Next year, I would then look to make a move for a QB, and right now, Id love that to be Teddy Bridgewater via the draft. I have watched this kid about 3 or 4 times this year now, and he can flat out play. Id be surprised if he didn't go number 1 overall next year though, even with the likes of Clowney coming out.

Once we have them pieces in place, only then can we truly judge where our WR, TE, and RBs are.

Don't rush this Cardinals!!!

Last edited by b182dammit; 04.01.2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04.01.2013, 12:15 PM
MVP

I hope the Cards take an O Lineman with the first pick. This can happen 2 ways.
Either we get lucky and Taylor Lewan is there at #7, which he may well be.
Or if Dockett really wants away, trade him, and swap picks to move up and get Luke Joeckle.

I have a feeling a backup like Matt Moore or Jason Cambell will be brought in to provide cover for Kolb. Maybe the Cards grab a QB to bring on in the later rounds. but unless there is someone like EJ Manual or Landry Jones there, I dont think this is the draft to worry about bringing in a project. (I think Tyler Wilson goes in the first round to Dallas and will be the best QB of the lot, long term)

My man crush is on Reid Fragel as a back up RT who IMO is the best blocker I have seen in an age. The guy is incredible. His stock will be 3rd day tho, as he spent some of his time as a Tight End. So I would use both skills, and have him as a 6th man on the line, and declare him eligible whenever he is on the field. As he can catch the ball as well.

Where I scratch my head is at Running Back.
I think Beanie is a goner. And if Ryan Williams can't stay healthy either, I cant see any point keeping him.
With the success of later round running backs, maybe the Cards can pick up a 1st day talent in the 3rd or 4th round?
tight End is another area that needs upgrading, but if Dockett is traded, tehn I think the 2nd round pick goes on a DE/DT guy. This draft looks very deep, so there should be some very promising guys available in the second round. Which means the Cards are scratching about on the 3rd day again, trying to get a Tight End that can produce. Maybe they need to get lucky in Free Agency??
Old 04.01.2013, 01:41 PM
Pro Bowler

I think its easier to find a decent running back than most other positions.

Who would have thought that LSH could run for more than a 100 yards behind that line?

WIPO looked good too, of all the positions RB is for me the least problematic.
Old 04.01.2013, 02:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
I think its easier to find a decent running back than most other positions.

Who would have thought that LSH could run for more than a 100 yards behind that line?

WIPO looked good too, of all the positions RB is for me the least problematic.
Oh I'd say running the ball is one of our biggest problem. The answer to the problem does not necessarily mean finding a top running back though. What would improve it is a great OL running a dirty blocking scheme, where most o the success in running games still comes from
Old 04.01.2013, 03:36 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Oh I'd say running the ball is one of our biggest problem. The answer to the problem does not necessarily mean finding a top running back though. What would improve it is a great OL running a dirty blocking scheme, where most o the success in running games still comes from
I am in complete agreement. When the Seahawks got to the Superbowl, IMO it was as much due to Steve Hutchinson and their half back Mack Strong as it was Shaun Alexander IMO.
And in Arizona I am a big fan of Sherman. He may not be in Strongs class, but he will do for me.
Old 04.01.2013, 06:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Next year, I would then look to make a move for a QB, and right now, Id love that to be Teddy Bridgewater via the draft. I have watched this kid about 3 or 4 times this year now, and he can flat out play. Id be surprised if he didn't go number 1 overall next year though, even with the likes of Clowney coming out.
Johnny Football?
Old 04.01.2013, 09:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards View Post
Johnny Football?
I dont think he will be eligible for the draft. I think he was a true freshman this year, so will be a sophmore next. he has to be 3 years out of high school to be in the draft.
This is why Clowney wont be in the 2013 draft. He'd likely go #1 if he could declare
Old 04.01.2013, 10:07 PM
All Pro

I have the feeling he's a redshirt freshman, meaning he will be able to enter next year. I maybe wrong though.
Old 08.01.2013, 03:53 PM
All Pro

Looks like Keim is in line for the GM position. To be honest I dont know much about him, or what influence he already had in any decision. He is liked, rated highly, and though Id have liked a complete fresh start, he sounds like a worthy candidate.