What now for the Cards Offence?? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 11.02.2013, 03:33 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
I think he did believe Smith could win the SB but that Kaep was his equal now and superior in the long run.
I don't believe that. Whether or not he thought Kaep was coming along well and the long term future of the niners, I do not believe a head coach drops a starter who he truly believes can win him the superbowl, is playing the best football of his life, for someone that has not been tested. He knew Smith could take you so far, but not all the way, he knew he would have to rely on a QB to carry you across the line (like Kaep does against the Packers).
Old 11.02.2013, 08:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
I don't believe that. Whether or not he thought Kaep was coming along well and the long term future of the niners, I do not believe a head coach drops a starter who he truly believes can win him the superbowl, is playing the best football of his life, for someone that has not been tested. He knew Smith could take you so far, but not all the way, he knew he would have to rely on a QB to carry you across the line (like Kaep does against the Packers).
If he didn't believe Smith could win the SB, he wouldn't have re-signed him, wouldn't have started him and would have kept him in until week eight.
Old 11.02.2013, 08:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
If he didn't believe Smith could win the SB, he wouldn't have re-signed him, wouldn't have started him and would have kept him in until week eight.
If he did, he wouldnt have decided to start a guy with no NFL experience behind him half way through a season that was going well. You can look at it both ways, I personally believe it to be the way I see it.
Old 13.02.2013, 01:21 AM
All Pro

Quote:
If he did, he wouldnt have decided to start a guy with no NFL experience behind him half way through a season that was going well. You can look at it both ways, I personally believe it to be the way I see it.
i think he felt smith was good enough to win the SB. he then saw what kaep could do in a game and realised he gave them an even better shot.
Old 13.02.2013, 10:35 AM
All Pro

Quote:
i think he felt smith was good enough to win the SB. he then saw what kaep could do in a game and realised he gave them an even better shot.
Maybe, I just dont know though. Regardless of what Kaep had shown on the practice field, if you have a veteran QB who you truly believe can win you the Superbowl, making that change midway through the season is incredibly risky. Maybe Harbaugh did this, we will never know, I just dont think that he did.

I think he thought Smith had limitations, and those limitations would bite hard when a playoff game came around and the QB had to put the team on their shoulders. I dont think Harbaugh, or anyone for that matter thinks Smith was capable of this. For this reason, I dont want him as QB.

Would he be an upgrade? Perhaps yes. Could he win the Cardinals a Superbowl? I dont think so. I dont want an upgrade, I want someone who can win it all. People seem satisfied with an upgrade, someone who will do ok, not me. I believe that if you are bringing in a QB who is not capable of carrying the team when necessary, you are wasting yours, and everyone else time.
Old 13.02.2013, 01:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Maybe, I just dont know though. Regardless of what Kaep had shown on the practice field, if you have a veteran QB who you truly believe can win you the Superbowl, making that change midway through the season is incredibly risky. Maybe Harbaugh did this, we will never know, I just dont think that he did.

I think he thought Smith had limitations, and those limitations would bite hard when a playoff game came around and the QB had to put the team on their shoulders. I dont think Harbaugh, or anyone for that matter thinks Smith was capable of this. For this reason, I dont want him as QB.

Would he be an upgrade? Perhaps yes. Could he win the Cardinals a Superbowl? I dont think so. I dont want an upgrade, I want someone who can win it all. People seem satisfied with an upgrade, someone who will do ok, not me. I believe that if you are bringing in a QB who is not capable of carrying the team when necessary, you are wasting yours, and everyone else time.
That would make sense if Smith hasn't got hurt and Harbaugh made the change based on practise but if Smith doesn't get hurt, he's still the starter today. Kaep showed something more against the Bears and Saints which changed Harbaugh's mind.

Personally, I don't think you should go for Smith. I think that Kolb is fine if he can stay healthy. You have to fix that O line however.
Old 15.02.2013, 07:09 PM
All Pro

I think Kolb showed some good signs last year before the injury. I think the Cardinals would be silly to pursue Alex Smith. If they are high enough on someone in the draft then I think they may roll the dice. I don't think they will look to free agency though.
Old 15.02.2013, 08:23 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards View Post
I think Kolb showed some good signs last year before the injury. I think the Cardinals would be silly to pursue Alex Smith. If they are high enough on someone in the draft then I think they may roll the dice. I don't think they will look to free agency though.
its increasingly looking like free agency is the path we will take. By all accounts Drew Stanton from the Colts will be the target.
Old 16.02.2013, 07:04 PM
All Pro

Would you be confident in Drew Stanton?
Old 17.02.2013, 11:34 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards View Post
Would you be confident in Drew Stanton?
i'm open to the idea, he at least knows the system