Anyone think season is over - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Atlanta Falcons

Old 01.10.2013, 04:59 PM
Team Captain

Unhappy Anyone think season is over

i do not think it is over yet but need to get healthy and start executing or it is season over i think we handle jets monday but uor D is shocking
Old 01.10.2013, 06:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven a h View Post
i do not think it is over yet but need to get healthy and start executing or it is season over i think we handle jets monday but our D is shocking

I was gonna start a thread about this on here but you beat me to it. Gotta say the season is over in my opinion Our offensive line is horrid, Sam Baker can't block anyone without holding them. Trueblood is poor too and Lamar Holmes is very raw at the position but I do think in time he will be a solid tackle.

With some many injuries, I can't see how we will turn the season around especially with the schedule. Seahawks, Saints, @Packers and @49ers are four guaranteed defeats in my eyes if we don't improve immensely. Our defense has taken drastic steps backwards from last year. Our pass rush is still non existent except vs. a poor Miami O-Line. Thomas DeCoud needs shooting based on his performances this season, he has been disgraceful.

As for Mike Smith, I have said many times I want him out. "Half-time adjustments are overrated." How come most teams we play seem to adjust at half time and then kill us? For a defense minded coach, he has never had a top defense which is unacceptable. Unfortunately our co-ordinators will probably get the blame after a 7-9/9-7 season not Smith and we will be stuck with the Conservative Clown failing to close out games

With our offense, we should put up 30-50 points up on teams but it never happens. Constant close games against teams nowhere near as talented as us. Ridiculous.
Old 01.10.2013, 06:24 PM
All Pro

Unless we get healthy and start blowing other teams out by putting up the scores we should within the next couple of games then this season is over for us.
Old 01.10.2013, 10:17 PM
Pro Bowler

Probably.

I lost all respect for Coach Smith after the debacle in the Meadowlands 2 years ago, when our cowardly, gutless staff had the offense play scared for 60mins against a Giants team that was 9-7. Our approach that day was disgraceful and unforgivable. It may have been Mularkey's gameplan, but Smith approved it. Smith is a clown, who coaches scared and consistently makes terrible game day and clock management decisions.

I had a bad feeling about this season prior to the pre-season, and had a feeling we'd finish below .500 with out OL issues. Then again, we only have ourselves to blame. It was obvious at the time, that the Julio Jones trade was going to set the OL and DL back at least 2 years years, and now we can see the result. Why we spent 5 picks on Jones when both lines were much bigger needs at the time, was mind boggling.
Old 01.10.2013, 10:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilfalc View Post
Probably.

I lost all respect for Coach Smith after the debacle in the Meadowlands 2 years ago, when our cowardly, gutless staff had the offense play scared for 60mins against a Giants team that was 9-7. Our approach that day was disgraceful and unforgivable. It may have been Mularkey's gameplan, but Smith approved it. Smith is a clown, who coaches scared and consistently makes terrible game day and clock management decisions.

I had a bad feeling about this season prior to the pre-season, and had a feeling we'd finish below .500 with out OL issues. Then again, we only have ourselves to blame. It was obvious at the time, that the Julio Jones trade was going to set the OL and DL back at least 2 years years, and now we can see the result. Why we spent 5 picks on Jones when both lines were much bigger needs at the time, was mind boggling.
I can see your point on the Julio trade but even this year, we chose not to go near any Offensive Lineman and resisted adding a defensive tackle when it was such a deep draft class. We keep investing later round picks in our Defensive Line and then wonder why we can't rush the oppositions QB or stop the run.
Old 03.10.2013, 12:28 AM
Team Captain

Question

Heads up you guys
I can see everybodys views and agree with you all
I think SMITHY has to go for me
Yes season will be over if we cant beat JETS and then come out strong after bye week,
But hey lets show them FALCONS some support RISE UP COME ON
Old 03.10.2013, 11:35 AM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to falcon_91

I'd bet my bollocks on Smith not being fired.

A lot of short sighted fans here. Its only 4 years ago we still hadn't had winning seasons back to back, and the year before that our franchise was nothing short of a joke.

Given how good Jones is I don't think you can really argue with how well the trades turned out, how about we go look at how those picks turned out for the Browns.

2 of our loses are to the Pats and the Saints (I hate to admit it, but under Payton they own us), we are 1-1 in conference play the playoffs are still very realistic and if anything perhaps going in without the same level expectations as before might be a blessing in disguise.
Old 03.10.2013, 02:56 PM
Pro Bowler

The coordinators better step it up from now on in. None of this 3 man rush on 3rd and a mile lark, and run it in the redzone.

Stop playing soft zone when Trufant is capable of playing press, and in this weeks case, force Geno to beat us.

They should be playing as if the season is on the line every week!
Old 04.10.2013, 11:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domed Outter View Post
The coordinators better step it up from now on in. None of this 3 man rush on 3rd and a mile lark, and run it in the redzone.

Stop playing soft zone when Trufant is capable of playing press, and in this weeks case, force Geno to beat us.

They should be playing as if the season is on the line every week!
I hate 3 man rushes On 3rd and long we should rush 4 or 5. Get after the QB, Brady had all day to throw the ball, it's so frustrating. I have been really disappointed with Mike Nolans defense, in his second year I was expecting improvements but that really hasn't been the case Yet injuries have played their part. We need to start playing power football more often. 6 man O-Line with Hawley in at Fullback and hand the ball to Snelling. Even with S-Jax out, he still doesn't get enough rushing touches.
Old 05.10.2013, 03:39 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGall13 View Post
We need to start playing power football more often. 6 man O-Line with Hawley in at Fullback and hand the ball to Snelling. Even with S-Jax out, he still doesn't get enough rushing touches.
I thought we were fine against the Dolphins and Patriots. Its a myth that we have no run game, we just give up on it too early in games. The Dolphins game a prime example, when we started passing almost every down in the 2nd half it gave them too much time at the end.

This RBBC whilst Jackson is out is working, and I don't see Smith risking Jackson on Monday.