Anyone been Georgia Dome? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Atlanta Falcons

Old 06.11.2013, 01:14 AM
Starter

Default Anyone been Georgia Dome?

Flying over this weekend for the Seahawks game! I really really cannot wait. Got great seats on the lower level sideline at the 20 yard line. Obviously we have had a disappointing season and will probably lose but I am holding out hope for an upset. Anyway my question is has anyone ever been to the Dome and can share their experiences of the stadium with me? Friendly locals, is it as impressive as it looks on TV, etc.
Old 06.11.2013, 01:54 PM
Rookie

I went a few years back to see us play the 49ers. It was one of the best experiences ever. Made even better as we won with a field goal with just 7 seconds to go. Ryan had thrown an interception with just over a minute to go with the Falcons down 14-13. Thankfully Roddy White stripped the ball and recovered it back on the 10. We then went the length of the field in around 50 seconds and kicked a field goal to win it. It was also the game were Tony G caught a few passes which took his total over 12,000 receiving yards. The most ever for any TE.

The Falcons fans were great I got down there early and got involved in the tail gating and the fan rally, where everyone made me very welcome. Great day - one of my favourites ever in fact. I hope to be going back next year. Can't make it this year sadly

Enjoy your visit mate - hope you have a good'un and we rise up and get a surprise victory!

Go Falcons!!!

Paul
Old 06.11.2013, 10:55 PM
Starter

Hey mate, thanks very much for the reply! That sounds like an amazing game! Might have to search for it on Game Pass! Haha.

Re: tailgating, how did it work? Did you just go into the parking lot and walk up to the nearest group of guys? Did you bring your own beers? Were you approached? Etc.

The Georgia Dome website says there's a thing called Falcons Landing which "is a free NFL Theme Park with interactive games, autograph sessions, live music, food and drink and much more. Falcons Landing is located on International Plaza between the Georgia Dome and Philips Arena. It begins three hours before the start of regular season Falcons home games and closes at kickoff." Sounds quite similar to the stuff that happens outside Wembley at the IS, looks fun!
Old 07.11.2013, 03:32 AM
Rookie

I took some beers down to the tail gating mate but after speaking to a few guys I got invited to hang with them and I even got some free food, which was nice

Yeah when I said fan rally I meant Falcons landing...forgot the name. It's definitely well worth checking out before the game. The philips arena and the dome are pretty much next to each other - you can't miss it! not sure if you're into your basketball or how long you'll be in Atlanta but the Hawks play in the Philips Arena - deffo worth checking out if you like that sort of thing too

Have a great day mate
Old 09.11.2013, 09:14 AM
Pro Bowler

Get into the Dome early enough (purchase over 30 mins before kick off) and get 20% off jerseys. They'll have the usual: Ryan, Jones, White, Gonzalez, Weatherspoon and they've added Jackson and Trufant.

I usually go for a wander as I make sure I'm in over an hour before kick off. I always watch the warm ups.

Enjoy, and hope beyond hope that we pull off a win!
Old 11.11.2013, 01:30 AM
All Pro

Hope you enjoyed your visit to the Dome but I must say I feel for you that the team didn't show up at all. What a terrible effing performance.
Old 11.11.2013, 02:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Hopefully get to see us play the Browns at home next season. Might be a Browns blowout though!
Old 14.11.2013, 10:42 PM
Starter

Hey guys! Well I'm now back home! Had a swell time. Ah I wondered why I got 20% off my jersey! Got a Weatherspoon one. Yeah, as for the game... Pretty terrible performance. Just being there was such a fantastic experience though. Can't wait to go back!
Old 20.11.2013, 08:48 PM
All Pro

I'm gonna be staying in Atlanta for a few days next year can any of guys recommend hotels/good areas to stay in? I've always heard Atlanta is a really dangerious city and don't wanna end up staying in the wrong part of town
Old 20.11.2013, 11:43 PM
Starter

We stayed Downtown at the Sheraton. Must say it didn't seem a particularly dangerous area and we generally felt safe all the time.