Super Bowl 53. Game day thread. - Page 21 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 06.02.2019, 07:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
while i do think Edelman had the best overall game, i would of voted for Gronk because it was such a tight game he made the big, tough and important play.
i'm not saying 1 play should be enough to get an MVP but the situation dictat
also Gronk had a monster day blocking on sunday as usual.if Gronk had got a TD on that long pass could have seen him and Edelman split the votes.

Gronk blocking Suh 1 on 1 is doing the rounds on social media,Gronk WON....
Old 08.05.2019, 12:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar Raider View Post
Agree with this, the question is though how do we get more people back on here?
Stop rigging it so the Pats win all the time?

I jest (well, not really, but hey-ho!).

I skipped the entire 2018/19 season for a number of reasons, but I remember a lot of the talk in 2017/18 being about falling viewing figures. As viewing figures fall off, so too will the discourse. It's also partly to do with the platform - forums as a whole are a bit like the Xbox 360 and MP3s ripped from CD's, the tools of yesteryear, they'll always have a few die hard enthusiasts, but social media apps have generally supplanted them for the masses.

Shame really, used to be some great arguments on here before [ID REDACTED], and [ID REDACTED] got themselves banned.
Old 08.05.2019, 01:07 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers_wheelman View Post
Stop rigging it so the Pats win all the time?

I jest (well, not really, but hey-ho!).

I skipped the entire 2018/19 season for a number of reasons, but I remember a lot of the talk in 2017/18 being about falling viewing figures. As viewing figures fall off, so too will the discourse. It's also partly to do with the platform - forums as a whole are a bit like the Xbox 360 and MP3s ripped from CD's, the tools of yesteryear, they'll always have a few die hard enthusiasts, but social media apps have generally supplanted them for the masses.

Shame really, used to be some great arguments on here before [ID REDACTED], and [ID REDACTED] got themselves banned.

NFLUK are clearly trying to foolishly kill this place but Forums are still pretty popular as shown by Reddit.
Old 08.05.2019, 02:11 PM
Hall of Fame

It would've been interesting to see how a stable forum i. e. without log in issues, server issues, etc, might have fared in this time of transition from one social media platorm to another, but alas we'll never know.
Old 08.05.2019, 07:40 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
NFLUK are clearly trying to foolishly kill this place but Forums are still pretty popular as shown by Reddit.
Based on some other forum members comments about this in another thread i signed up for footballsfuture and its a very active and interesting forum.